Unrecognized airport

Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Unrecognized airport

Looking for a domestic UA flight on SQ.com. Won't take the airport code (small airport but UA does fly there). Any way around it?

Also, all my one-way searches are showing as 28k. Isn't it supposed to be 14k one way?

Last edited by italdesign; Nov 6, 2023 at 12:57 am
Old Nov 6, 2023, 7:30 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by italdesign
Looking for a domestic UA flight on SQ.com. Won't take the airport code (small airport but UA does fly there). Any way around it?
You'll need to call SQ.

Originally Posted by italdesign
Also, all my one-way searches are showing as 28k. Isn't it supposed to be 14k one way?
Just checked a simple ORD-DEN one-way and was shown 14K. But when I put in RDU-LAX which involves a connection, it gave me 28K which I don't think is correct. Then lastly, I tried LAX-EWR and was provided 14K for both non-stops as well as for routes with a connection.
italdesign likes this.

Last edited by bpk6h; Nov 6, 2023 at 7:38 pm
Old Nov 6, 2023, 7:43 pm

First off, for your airport dilemma, try typing the airport name instead of the code and hit up SQ.com for help if you're still stuck. Second, normally United Airlines charges 12.5k-25k miles for a domestic flight, but it could be different depending on the situation. It's possible the one-way flights you're eyeing cost 28k miles due to scarcity or other factors out of your control.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Marysmith0901
First off, for your airport dilemma, try typing the airport name instead of the code and hit up SQ.com for help if you're still stuck. Second, normally United Airlines charges 12.5k-25k miles for a domestic flight, but it could be different depending on the situation. It's possible the one-way flights you're eyeing cost 28k miles due to scarcity or other factors out of your control.
As this is *A redemption, the awards levels are fixed - 14K o/w within N.Am. The range you are providing is for redeeming on UA directly.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
A possibility could be the duration of your connection. If the connection time is below 4 hours, then I believe in the US, this is considered a connection and you will be charged 14k miles; but if the connection time is 4 hours or more, then this would be considered as a stopover requiring two separate awards (hence 28k miles).
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ex-SIN
A possibility could be the duration of your connection. If the connection time is below 4 hours, then I believe in the US, this is considered a connection and you will be charged 14k miles; but if the connection time is 4 hours or more, then this would be considered as a stopover requiring two separate awards (hence 28k miles).
The RDU-LAX example I looked at were connections all under 1 hour (40m DEN, 40min IAH, 50min DEN). Seems to be an error?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bpk6h
The RDU-LAX example I looked at were connections all under 1 hour (40m DEN, 40min IAH, 50min DEN). Seems to be an error?
I can't think of another reason.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 3:03 am

It's not unusual for SQ website to not recognize certain airports. I've had experience with a bunch of Turkish airports that I know of course TK flies to. You'd have to call KF and get them manually booked.
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:56 pm

bpk6h Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying this to me.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Same issue with RAJ for Rajkot airport now going by HSR (Harisar) in India - can see it on Air India but not on SQ website yet.

I assumed they all used the same system like Amadeus or Sabre or the equivalent but apparently not.

Last edited by HarryKUK; Nov 8, 2023 at 4:25 pm
Old Nov 10, 2023, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I assumed they all used the same system like Amadeus or Sabre or the equivalent but apparently not.
SQ uses Amadeus, but they have their own UI on top of the booking system. This is typical throughout the industry and it's why there's such a variety of experience with airline IT.
SilverChris likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.