Double Duvets?

Old Nov 5, 2023, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Double Duvets?

Hi all

I’ve got my first SQ R experience booked and having travelled on the previous R product, I’m so excited. On some of the marketing shots, the ‘double’ beds are shown with a double duvet rather than two single ones. Is this pure marketing imagery or can you request a double duvet?

Many thanks
Old Nov 5, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by tom139
Hi all

I’ve got my first SQ R experience booked and having travelled on the previous R product, I’m so excited. On some of the marketing shots, the ‘double’ beds are shown with a double duvet rather than two single ones. Is this pure marketing imagery or can you request a double duvet?

Many thanks
There are no double duvet.

The two items that are not shown and are rarely actively offered:

1) they have a mattress topper for passengers that prefer a softer mattress/sleeping experience
2) they have a small mobile footrest or stool that you can use to rest your feet on when in recline mode
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SMK77

1) they have a mattress topper for passengers that prefer a softer mattress/sleeping experience
thank you for this. Is the mattress topper different to the standard one that many comment how firm it is?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:17 am

thank you for this. Is the mattress topper different to the standard one that many comment how firm it is?
yes
Old Nov 7, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
UPDATED: The topper is extra to the main mattress and it is there because some people don't like how firm the actual "mattress" is. However, as SMK77 will rightfully point out below, please do not assume there is one for every Suites pax loaded, it is not.

Last edited by demue; Nov 9, 2023 at 1:39 am
Old Nov 7, 2023, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Is there enough for every passenger?
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:43 pm

Is there enough for every passenger?
no
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by demue
The topper is there exactly because some people don't like how firm the actual "mattress" is.
I was talking about additional items available that are usually not proactively offered. No idea why this infers I was talking about the standard solution available to all passengers.

Logic is something beautiful and more people should embrace it.

And when I say there is not enough for all, it means there is less than six. Three to be precise.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 1:35 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I was talking about additional items available that are usually not proactively offered. No idea why this infers I was talking about the standard solution available to all passengers.

Logic is something beautiful and more people should embrace it.

And when I say there is not enough for all, it means there is less than six. Three to be precise.
I know exactly what you are talking about, these items are uploaded by ISD and were introduced because a fair number of Suites pax gave feedback that they found the main mattress to be too firm for their liking. Is the availability of those items advertised officially, no it is not as you already had highlighted and I never intended to contradict your post. Same goes for the fact that there is not a full set of 6 loaded for every suite, as you highlighted in your second post (due to space constraints from what I heard).

Happy to modify my post to make it more precise or I can even delete it if you find it is misleading. For now I made some modifications to my post to make it clearer and not create a false impression, hope this works. Anything for you

Last edited by demue; Nov 9, 2023 at 1:52 am
Old Nov 9, 2023, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by demue
Happy to modify my post to make it more precise or I can even delete it if you find it is misleading. For now I made some modifications to my post to make it clearer and not create a false impression, hope this works. Anything for you
I apologize for my post. While I quoted you, my eye rolling was targeted at the OP causing you to explain what was quite evident. Your posts are always very informative and well written.

This is obviously not only a forum for aviation geeks but my patience with stupidity is legendary limited…
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:52 am
Original Poster

I apologize for my post. While I quoted you, my eye rolling was targeted at the OP causing you to explain what was quite evident. Your posts are always very informative and well written.

This is obviously not only a forum for aviation geeks but my patience with stupidity is legendary limited…
A perfectly logical question for somebody unfamiliar with the product to ask post new information being shared did not deserve such a churlish response IMO.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 9:10 am

A perfectly logical question for somebody unfamiliar with the product to ask post new information being shared did not deserve such a churlish response IMO.
#1 was perfectly fine, #3 quite the opposite...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.