Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Booked Economy but tickets showing Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Hi all

About 6 weeks ago I booked 3 standard economy return tickets for Melbourne to Seoul (transiting Singapore) with Virgin Australia (VA). Tickets were for 2 x Adults and 1 x Child.
However, the flights will be operated by Singapore Airlines (SIA) as VA and SIA codeshare.
VA issued me with their booking reference number. I also received a booking reference number from SIA.
I wanted to be sure that the SIA booking reference was all ok, so I decided to enter the SIA booking reference number in the "Manage Booking" on the SIA website.
Lo and behold, the 3 tickets issued on the SIA website were all Premium Economy and for every leg of my trip.
Just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this and if they could kindly share the experience.
I am not getting my hopes up but would be more than happy to accept this.

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Dtv78
Hi all

About 6 weeks ago I booked 3 standard economy return tickets for Melbourne to Seoul (transiting Singapore) with Virgin Australia (VA). Tickets were for 2 x Adults and 1 x Child.
However, the flights will be operated by Singapore Airlines (SIA) as VA and SIA codeshare.
VA issued me with their booking reference number. I also received a booking reference number from SIA.
I wanted to be sure that the SIA booking reference was all ok, so I decided to enter the SIA booking reference number in the "Manage Booking" on the SIA website.
Lo and behold, the 3 tickets issued on the SIA website were all Premium Economy and for every leg of my trip.
Just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this and if they could kindly share the experience.
I am not getting my hopes up but would be more than happy to accept this.

Thanks
SQ's IT can be a bit iffy. Are you able to assign seats in the PEY cabin?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Somebody will be more up to speed on future schedule changes and aircraft usage but I thought SIN-ICN is only served by A350 Regional/787-10? Neither of these aircraft have Premium Economy. Perhaps you are in PY on MEL-SIN but I question if you are in PY on SIN-ICN.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Somebody will be more up to speed on future schedule changes and aircraft usage but I thought SIN-ICN is only served by A350 Regional/787-10? Neither of these aircraft have Premium Economy. Perhaps you are in PY on MEL-SIN but I question if you are in PY on SIN-ICN.
most likely it is mixed cabin classes. If buy from SQ app, they will show the price in PE. But under the flight options , they will put mixed cabin classes.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
I know they've been swapping the 777 (with PE) around with the Regional A350 (no PE) on the Sin-Mel route.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
most likely it is mixed cabin classes. If buy from SQ app, they will show the price in PE. But under the flight options , they will put mixed cabin classes.
Yes, most likely. But OP says seats are in PE on "every leg" of the trip.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cowie
SQ's IT can be a bit iffy. Are you able to assign seats in the PEY cabin?
​​​​​​ I tried doing it on VA website but it said that i have to do it in SIA website. Went to SIA website and the only option i had was to choose a preferred aisle or window seat
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
i had a look at seat guru and enterer my flight numbers for SIN-ICN-SIN and there is no PE available... So mixed cabin class... That said the tickets i downloaded from SIA website had PE showing for all leg.
Mel-Sin a350-900
Sin-Icn-Sin 787-10
Sin-Mel a380-800
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
​​​​​​ I tried doing it on VA website but it said that i have to do it in SIA website. Went to SIA website and the only option i had was to choose a preferred aisle or window seat
I wish I'm wrong and for some fortuitous reason you have indeed been booked into PEY when you bought Y seats. But on the balance I'd say don't get your hopes too high. I've seen SQ's app display a "confirmed" first class booking on the A350, for instance, where such a cabin is not offered.

To me it sounds like the VA/SQ booking classes are not mapping correctly over onto SQ's website/app. If you can dig around your reservation and find out your actual booking class, we may be able to shed more light on this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dtv78 Welcome to FT
i had a look at seat guru and enterer my flight numbers for SIN-ICN-SIN and there is no PE available... So mixed cabin class... That said the tickets I downloaded from SIA website had PE showing for all leg.
Mel-Sin a350-900
Sin-Icn-Sin 787-10
Sin-Mel a380-800
Seatguru has been out of date for a long time. Waste of time looking at it.
Look at SQ on line
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...rbus-a350-900/
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...boeing-787-10/
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...rbus-a380-800/

or Aerolopa (by a FTer)
https://www.aerolopa.com/sq-airbus-a350-gallery
https://www.aerolopa.com/sq-boeing-787-gallery
https://www.aerolopa.com/sq-airbus-a380-gallery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.