LHR-SIN on Christmas Day

Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

LHR-SIN on Christmas Day

Anyone know if these flights are at normal capacity. Do they Xmas dinner?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SA100
Anyone know if these flights are at normal capacity. Do they Xmas dinner?
I'm also flying that very same route on Christmas day this coming weekend. Pre-Covid I have flown the same route a number of times on Christmas day and the load has always tended to be slightly lighter, it will be interesting to see if it's any different this year. As for meals, there's nothing out of the ordinary unfortunately, it's just the regular inflight menu. Previously they have catered for a slightly festive dessert but I've not seen any of those for quite some time now.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for update with Singapore main religion Buddhism I was not expecting Christmas dinner. I do hope loads are lighter to spread out
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for update with Singapore main religion Buddhism I was not expecting Christmas dinner. I do hope loads are lighter to spread out
An Xmas dinner option is served in all classes on the ex-SIN flights. But you are flying ex-LHR..
rt23456p likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:31 pm

Thanks for update with Singapore main religion Buddhism I was not expecting Christmas dinner.
Religion has nothing to do with SQ's international operations. For example, they do deck the cabin with Christmas decor.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
An Xmas dinner option is served in all classes on the ex-SIN flights. But you are flying ex-LHR..
Will they do a Christmas dinner option ex-SIN on Christmas Eve (in business class)? TIA
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Strike3
Will they do a Christmas dinner option ex-SIN on Christmas Eve (in business class)? TIA
Yes, and it's not just for dinner, but lunch too - you'll have a choice of appetiser, main course and dessert which are all part of their Christmas menu. I understand that they're offering the festive menu ex-SIN from 24-26 Dec (inclusive) - hope you enjoy your flight!
Strike3 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:29 pm

Menus have been loaded. Christmas item (appetisers, mains, desserts), if served on your flight, is marked by a Christmas tree icon.

​​​​​​https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond

Agree with carrotjuice, SQ tries to cater to all religious ethnicities. SG is fairly balanced when it comes to the “religious” mix if you will, with Christmas observed by a sizeable portion of the population on top of other festivities (eg CNY) - just take a stroll around Orchard road right now.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
On the load for Christmas, we flew to ZRH a few years ago in J on the 25th of Dec (arrive 26th) and there was 1 pax in Suites (A388 back then), 5 in J (we were two of them and got bulkhead seats as there were more bulkhead seats than pax) and 12 in Y as per the IFM (Inflight Manager).

Funnily he said the aircraft was full heading back to SIN, what a contrast. Crew was all over the pax and the Y folks each had a row of 4 seats to themselves so could sleep decently too.

Now with all the pent up post-Covid travel demand it could all be quite packed. Safe flights anyways.
bpk6h, Singapore_Air and FlyerEC like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by demue
On the load for Christmas, we flew to ZRH a few years ago in J on the 25th of Dec (arrive 26th) and there was 1 pax in Suites (A388 back then), 5 in J (we were two of them and got bulkhead seats as there were more bulkhead seats than pax) and 12 in Y as per the IFM (Inflight Manager).

Funnily he said the aircraft was full heading back to SIN, what a contrast. Crew was all over the pax and the Y folks each had a row of 4 seats to themselves so could sleep decently too.

Now with all the pent up post-Covid travel demand it could all be quite packed. Safe flights anyways.
Recall doing a flight out of ZRH in new suites in 2019 on Christmas Eve. They did have a few Chrimbo touches, such as half size bottles of Krug Rosé in addition to the usual offering and a large wooden box of Läderach chocolates, waiting for everyone on credenza. Was a completely full house as well. One of the best flights I had, come to think of it.

Funny thing I just recalled, was that cc met everyone at top of jet bridge and handed out mini chocolate Santas.

All in all, SQ did a fantastic job marking the occasion.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:35 pm

Loads ex-EUR from now till a few days post Christmas tend to be relatively low as people are already in EUR for the holidays and Europeans would likely be already at their holiday destinations or home for the holidays. It will pick up again post Christmas when Singaporeans return home.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by RayG
Recall doing a flight out of ZRH in new suites in 2019 on Christmas Eve. They did have a few Chrimbo touches, such as half size bottles of Krug Rosé in addition to the usual offering and a large wooden box of Läderach chocolates, waiting for everyone on credenza. Was a completely full house as well. One of the best flights I had, come to think of it.

Funny thing I just recalled, was that cc met everyone at top of jet bridge and handed out mini chocolate Santas.

All in all, SQ did a fantastic job marking the occasion.
Indeed, passengers flying in Suites this Christmas will once again have the choice of Krug Rosé as a 3rd champagne on board, there will also be subtle items offered to enhance the overall red theme like rooibos tea etc. - I also believe that the cabin crew have access to Christmas decorations which they can use to dress the cabin further to make it more festive.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Christmas decorations are nice, but I heard Krug Rose 2004, so everything after that mentioning got somewhat less important suddenly .
Old Dec 24, 2022, 7:35 am

A couple of shots from that 2019 Christmas flight:

Gratuitous shot of the Krug. 2 different Krugs and one DP on that flight.

Kudos to Zurich station and CC for being game

The Krug Rosé appears to be indeed a staple. It was served during Christmas in 2021 also.

Crew tend to decorate doors to toilets as well — they appear to have a separate stash with seasonal arts and craft stuff.

Merry Christmas y’all!
bpk6h, sl00001 and Singapore_Air like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.