LHR-SIN on Christmas Day

Old Dec 20, 22, 7:06 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
LHR-SIN on Christmas Day

Anyone know if these flights are at normal capacity. Do they Xmas dinner?
SA100 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 12:00 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK
Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by SA100 View Post
Anyone know if these flights are at normal capacity. Do they Xmas dinner?
I'm also flying that very same route on Christmas day this coming weekend. Pre-Covid I have flown the same route a number of times on Christmas day and the load has always tended to be slightly lighter, it will be interesting to see if it's any different this year. As for meals, there's nothing out of the ordinary unfortunately, it's just the regular inflight menu. Previously they have catered for a slightly festive dessert but I've not seen any of those for quite some time now.
itadakimasu is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 2:39 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
Thanks for update with Singapore main religion Buddhism I was not expecting Christmas dinner. I do hope loads are lighter to spread out
SA100 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 3:59 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,059
Originally Posted by SA100 View Post
Thanks for update with Singapore main religion Buddhism I was not expecting Christmas dinner. I do hope loads are lighter to spread out
An Xmas dinner option is served in all classes on the ex-SIN flights. But you are flying ex-LHR..
rt23456p likes this.
bpk6h is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 5:31 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 5,940
Originally Posted by SA100 View Post
Thanks for update with Singapore main religion Buddhism I was not expecting Christmas dinner.
Religion has nothing to do with SQ's international operations. For example, they do deck the cabin with Christmas decor.
carrotjuice is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 6:43 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by bpk6h View Post
An Xmas dinner option is served in all classes on the ex-SIN flights. But you are flying ex-LHR..
Will they do a Christmas dinner option ex-SIN on Christmas Eve (in business class)? TIA
Strike3 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 7:33 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK
Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by Strike3 View Post
Will they do a Christmas dinner option ex-SIN on Christmas Eve (in business class)? TIA
Yes, and it's not just for dinner, but lunch too - you'll have a choice of appetiser, main course and dessert which are all part of their Christmas menu. I understand that they're offering the festive menu ex-SIN from 24-26 Dec (inclusive) - hope you enjoy your flight!
Strike3 likes this.
itadakimasu is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 9:29 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 5,940
Menus have been loaded. Christmas item (appetisers, mains, desserts), if served on your flight, is marked by a Christmas tree icon.

​​​​​​https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home
carrotjuice is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 1:01 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Zurich
Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, TPPS
Posts: 480
Originally Posted by SA100 View Post
Thanks for update with Singapore main religion Buddhism I was not expecting Christmas dinner. I do hope loads are lighter to spread out

Agree with carrotjuice, SQ tries to cater to all religious ethnicities. SG is fairly balanced when it comes to the religious mix if you will, with Christmas observed by a sizeable portion of the population on top of other festivities (eg CNY) - just take a stroll around Orchard road right now.
Singapore_Air likes this.
RayG is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 5:01 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 6,661
On the load for Christmas, we flew to ZRH a few years ago in J on the 25th of Dec (arrive 26th) and there was 1 pax in Suites (A388 back then), 5 in J (we were two of them and got bulkhead seats as there were more bulkhead seats than pax) and 12 in Y as per the IFM (Inflight Manager).

Funnily he said the aircraft was full heading back to SIN, what a contrast. Crew was all over the pax and the Y folks each had a row of 4 seats to themselves so could sleep decently too.

Now with all the pent up post-Covid travel demand it could all be quite packed. Safe flights anyways.
bpk6h, Singapore_Air and FlyerEC like this.
demue is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 5:35 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Zurich
Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, TPPS
Posts: 480
Originally Posted by demue View Post
On the load for Christmas, we flew to ZRH a few years ago in J on the 25th of Dec (arrive 26th) and there was 1 pax in Suites (A388 back then), 5 in J (we were two of them and got bulkhead seats as there were more bulkhead seats than pax) and 12 in Y as per the IFM (Inflight Manager).

Funnily he said the aircraft was full heading back to SIN, what a contrast. Crew was all over the pax and the Y folks each had a row of 4 seats to themselves so could sleep decently too.

Now with all the pent up post-Covid travel demand it could all be quite packed. Safe flights anyways.
Recall doing a flight out of ZRH in new suites in 2019 on Christmas Eve. They did have a few Chrimbo touches, such as half size bottles of Krug Ros in addition to the usual offering and a large wooden box of Lderach chocolates, waiting for everyone on credenza. Was a completely full house as well. One of the best flights I had, come to think of it.

Funny thing I just recalled, was that cc met everyone at top of jet bridge and handed out mini chocolate Santas.

All in all, SQ did a fantastic job marking the occasion.
RayG is offline  
Old Dec 22, 22, 8:35 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 210
Loads ex-EUR from now till a few days post Christmas tend to be relatively low as people are already in EUR for the holidays and Europeans would likely be already at their holiday destinations or home for the holidays. It will pick up again post Christmas when Singaporeans return home.
bent is offline  
Old Dec 22, 22, 11:23 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK
Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by RayG View Post
Recall doing a flight out of ZRH in new suites in 2019 on Christmas Eve. They did have a few Chrimbo touches, such as half size bottles of Krug Ros in addition to the usual offering and a large wooden box of Lderach chocolates, waiting for everyone on credenza. Was a completely full house as well. One of the best flights I had, come to think of it.

Funny thing I just recalled, was that cc met everyone at top of jet bridge and handed out mini chocolate Santas.

All in all, SQ did a fantastic job marking the occasion.
Indeed, passengers flying in Suites this Christmas will once again have the choice of Krug Ros as a 3rd champagne on board, there will also be subtle items offered to enhance the overall red theme like rooibos tea etc. - I also believe that the cabin crew have access to Christmas decorations which they can use to dress the cabin further to make it more festive.
itadakimasu is offline  
Old Dec 24, 22, 7:25 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 6,661
Christmas decorations are nice, but I heard Krug Rose 2004, so everything after that mentioning got somewhat less important suddenly .
demue is offline  
Old Dec 24, 22, 8:35 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Zurich
Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, TPPS
Posts: 480
A couple of shots from that 2019 Christmas flight:


Gratuitous shot of the Krug. 2 different Krugs and one DP on that flight.


Kudos to Zurich station and CC for being game

The Krug Ros appears to be indeed a staple. It was served during Christmas in 2021 also.

Crew tend to decorate doors to toilets as well they appear to have a separate stash with seasonal arts and craft stuff.

Merry Christmas yall!
bpk6h, sl00001 and Singapore_Air like this.
RayG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread