Wiki Posts
Search

A380 F Suites worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
A380 F Suites worth it?

We accumulated enough AMEX/Chase points finally, thinking that booking the Suites for me and partner was the dream. But looking at the flight route change (I'm coming from California), it won't be possible by the time we book for 2023/2024 unless we fly out of somewhere else. 18+ hours to fly to Singapore didn't look like much but I guess the times have aged us. So, looks like we could fly out to Australia and then catch one of the A380 routes there, but not sure if it's worth it at around 8 hours in the Suite. Curious to get your thoughts on whether the Suite is still worth it and your personal review/what you heard from the first class suites?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
My experience on the suites has been pretty great and tbh I think its the best way to fly. Its definitely worth the experience - just be warned it may addict and spoil you
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:40 pm

I enjoyed my JFK-FRA suite flight. I am flying it again next spring SIN-LHR so will have a longer flight to enjoy it. However I had a double suite to myself this last time which definitely added to the enjoyment. I have a feeling that the single bed right up against a wall (4/6 suites already booked on my LHR flight) will not be as enjoyable/comfortable. Still a great aircraft and nice roomy product. Not sure I'd fly all the way to Australia just to get 8 hours in suites TBH.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by pesos
Not sure I'd fly all the way to Australia just to get 8 hours in suites TBH.
One of the best reasons to fly SQ F is the exclusive access in SIN to the Private Room in Changi Airport T3. Flying EX Australia, you are both entitled to use it as an arrivals lounge. You have to consider if that is worth it for you both or would you rather get on with your trip.
Singapore_Air and secretflyer like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Alawyer
One of the best reasons to fly SQ F is the exclusive access in SIN to the Private Room in Changi Airport T3. Flying EX Australia, you are both entitled to use it as an arrivals lounge. You have to consider if that is worth it for you both or would you rather get on with your trip.
I personally wouldn't take the detour, unless you really have the time to spare...even a short flight in the Suites is nice and an experience to be honest. TPR is for me underwhelming for me. First class check in and private immigration at T3 is nice, but that's where the ground service unfortunately ends for SQ.
spizzy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
8 hours is a pretty good amount of time to enjoy it, though of course longer flights e.g. SIN-LHR give more time for a full sleep in the separate bed. I think the ex-SYD and ex-MEL flights on the A380 have two meals so you get a decent level of service.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
I personally wouldn't take the detour, unless you really have the time to spare...even a short flight in the Suites is nice and an experience to be honest. TPR is for me underwhelming for me. First class check in and private immigration at T3 is nice, but that's where the ground service unfortunately ends for SQ.
I agree with this. I would go slightly out of my way for Suites but not all the way to Australia. I would however do something like SIN-LHR in SQ F and LHR-LAX/SFO on UA J which is bookable as a *A award.

TPR is meh(I haven't been since the renovation). First class check in is nice if you have bags. If not, OLCI and you're through without having to talk to anyone. With the new automated gates, even private immigration isn't really something to shout about. The ground experience at SIN is underwhelming when flying SQ F especially with no priority lane at gate security. This was years ago but when I flew LH F out of SIN, LH had someone that would bring you to the front of the line if you were in F. I don't know why SQ doesn't do the same.
sl00001 and spizzy like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:02 pm

i enjoyed the TPR food and beverage...did not have time to rest on the 'zero gravity' tempur bed (spent 10 mins in it only).
Ate so much i could not even enjoy the lobster thermidor when i boarded SQ 322 night flight to LHR.
Suites experience was great - cabin crew lovely and that huge toilet was a 'wow'.
I was in 1A and only found it troublesome to get the crew to project the TV from small to the large screen - apparently a crew member has to do it for you.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by secretflyer
We accumulated enough AMEX/Chase points finally, thinking that booking the Suites for me and partner was the dream. But looking at the flight route change (I'm coming from California), it won't be possible by the time we book for 2023/2024 unless we fly out of somewhere else. 18+ hours to fly to Singapore didn't look like much but I guess the times have aged us. So, looks like we could fly out to Australia and then catch one of the A380 routes there, but not sure if it's worth it at around 8 hours in the Suite. Curious to get your thoughts on whether the Suite is still worth it and your personal review/what you heard from the first class suites?
SQ would like to use the A380 on SIN-NRT-LAX so you might not be out of luck yet.
secretflyer likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:09 pm

Suites coming back to LAX-NRT would be fantastic. Something to compete with NH The Suite.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SMK77
SQ would like to use the A380 on SIN-NRT-LAX so you might not be out of luck yet.
Is this a rumor?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Is this a rumor?
I can't remember the exact years but from around 2012 to 2017, SQ used the A380 on SQ11/12. This flight changed to a 77W sometime during 2017 and the A380 was used just for a SIN-NRT route. I'm no aviation expert but the US West Coast to Japan routes seem to be well served. While
​​SQ might be able to fill Suites, I would suspect filling the remaining seats would be quite competitive.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by blahter
The ground experience at SIN is underwhelming when flying SQ F especially with no priority lane at gate security. This was years ago but when I flew LH F out of SIN, LH had someone that would bring you to the front of the line if you were in F. I don't know why SQ doesn't do the same.
I agree! Even SkyTeam has priority lane at SIN. So why can't SQ put out those mini poster to separate the lane?
Since your mention LH F, I have used JetQuay services in the past (complimentary from banks), they do whisk you off in buggy - which is really awkward as people will all be looking at you.
SQ F should start looking (long overdue) at this ground service since this is their home hub. The least they could do...
Standard service, not by request.
FlyerEC and sl00001 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 5:56 pm

I and my wife flew the new Suites from New York to Singapore on hour way to Cairns, Australia, in October this year. The sheer amount of space, the double bed and the service amounted to an amazing experience. Catering was definitely better on the Frankfurt to Singapore sector. Other than The Residence on Etihad, I can't think of another First Class that is better than the A380 new Suites on Singapore. The Private Room was nice, but underwhelming.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Is this a rumor?
Silly question. No, it’s confirmed and it was reported by all major news stations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.