Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

Aeroplan SQ J Award Availability Fakeout?!

Old Nov 23, 22, 11:21 am
Original Poster

I just had a bunch of J award availability on Aeroplan for flights on SQ rte BKK-SIN-SFO on consecutive days show up for 87.5K for various dates in April (15th-18th, 27-29th) some with "one seat left" and some with "two seats left". There were also coach fares available for these flights as well. I took some notes on these flights to possibly book later. Then, not 5 minutes later I went back to Aeroplan in NOTHING is showing up for SQ awards flights using the same searches. No economy either, so the flights aren't even displayed. The SQ flights are even gone if I try and do the search from just SIN-SFO...that flight doesn't show up on the calendar AT ALL.

Is there a "trick" or something I'm missing with Aeroplan? Did I just witness a transient glitch? Or is this just phantom award space that will basically never be available?

Last edited by smolakian; Nov 23, 22 at 11:27 am
Old Nov 23, 22, 12:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I also noticed this this morning. Could have booked YYZ-EWR-SIN(stopover)-SYD in J for about 89k. Should have booked it

Either Singapore Air released award space on all their flights by mistake and they're correcting the situation or the glitch is that their flights are unavailable to book at the moment. Keep looking...

Last edited by YYZ1313; Nov 23, 22 at 12:46 pm
Old Nov 23, 22, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYZ1313 View Post
I also noticed this this morning. Could have booked YYZ-EWR-SIN(stopover)-SYD in J for about 89k. Should have booked it
Yup. That woulda been a nice one. Still haven't seen anything pop back up. I'll post if/when it does. Appreciate it if you did too!
Old Nov 23, 22, 2:33 pm

Same here! Had a perfect combination show up for ORD-AUH-BOM(stopover)-SIN and SIN-HYD(Stopover)-AUH-ORD. And didn't book as I was still waiting for points to transfer and now its gone. I feel like I missed something big. Let me know if you see something and I will too.
Old Nov 23, 22, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

There's also a reddit post going on about it in r/awardtravel/
I'd post the link but I don't have enough rep on here. The post is titled: "Recourse for AC Phantom Award Space"

Sounds like a lot of people got blue balled this morning! LOL

Search this Thread