FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Aeroplan SQ J Award Availability Fakeout?! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/2101832-aeroplan-sq-j-award-availability-fakeout.html)

smolakian Nov 23, 2022 10:21 am

Aeroplan SQ J Award Availability Fakeout?!

I just had a bunch of J award availability on Aeroplan for flights on SQ rte BKK-SIN-SFO on consecutive days show up for 87.5K for various dates in April (15th-18th, 27-29th) some with "one seat left" and some with "two seats left". There were also coach fares available for these flights as well. I took some notes on these flights to possibly book later. Then, not 5 minutes later I went back to Aeroplan in NOTHING is showing up for SQ awards flights using the same searches. No economy either, so the flights aren't even displayed. The SQ flights are even gone if I try and do the search from just SIN-SFO...that flight doesn't show up on the calendar AT ALL.

Is there a "trick" or something I'm missing with Aeroplan? Did I just witness a transient glitch? Or is this just phantom award space that will basically never be available?

YYZ1313 Nov 23, 2022 11:28 am

I also noticed this this morning. Could have booked YYZ-EWR-SIN(stopover)-SYD in J for about 89k. Should have booked it :(

Either Singapore Air released award space on all their flights by mistake and they're correcting the situation or the glitch is that their flights are unavailable to book at the moment. Keep looking...

smolakian Nov 23, 2022 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by YYZ1313 (Post 34780108)
I also noticed this this morning. Could have booked YYZ-EWR-SIN(stopover)-SYD in J for about 89k. Should have booked it :(

Yup. That woulda been a nice one. Still haven't seen anything pop back up. I'll post if/when it does. Appreciate it if you did too!

Raj Ambavane Nov 23, 2022 1:33 pm

Same here! Had a perfect combination show up for ORD-AUH-BOM(stopover)-SIN and SIN-HYD(Stopover)-AUH-ORD. And didn't book as I was still waiting for points to transfer and now its gone. I feel like I missed something big. Let me know if you see something and I will too.

smolakian Nov 23, 2022 1:39 pm

There's also a reddit post going on about it in r/awardtravel/
I'd post the link but I don't have enough rep on here. The post is titled: "Recourse for AC Phantom Award Space"

Sounds like a lot of people got blue balled this morning! LOL

sickmint79 Nov 29, 2022 1:12 am

Originally Posted by smolakian (Post 34779943)
I just had a bunch of J award availability on Aeroplan for flights on SQ rte BKK-SIN-SFO on consecutive days show up for 87.5K for various dates in April (15th-18th, 27-29th) some with "one seat left" and some with "two seats left". There were also coach fares available for these flights as well. I took some notes on these flights to possibly book later. Then, not 5 minutes later I went back to Aeroplan in NOTHING is showing up for SQ awards flights using the same searches. No economy either, so the flights aren't even displayed. The SQ flights are even gone if I try and do the search from just SIN-SFO...that flight doesn't show up on the calendar AT ALL.

Is there a "trick" or something I'm missing with Aeroplan? Did I just witness a transient glitch? Or is this just phantom award space that will basically never be available?

lol i'm sitting here in thailand, just booked an aeroplan 87,500 flight < 24 hours ago [for march] on air india and thai - the air india flight being the 3rd longest in the world once running again (SFO-BLR) - i was going to let out a desperate sigh and hope for a rebook if i was able to find your magical space.

just got off the phone booking singapore for cash on other legs, BKK-SIN-JNB and JNB-SIN-SFO, both economy. hoping to use SQ miles to upgrade the latter, would actually be nice to try a premium economy then a business, and hit all 3 on this trip.

sickmint79 Nov 29, 2022 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Raj Ambavane (Post 34780398)
Same here! Had a perfect combination show up for ORD-AUH-BOM(stopover)-SIN and SIN-HYD(Stopover)-AUH-ORD. And didn't book as I was still waiting for points to transfer and now its gone. I feel like I missed something big. Let me know if you see something and I will too.

how did you transfer? chase's website wouldn't let me do it yesterday and it said to call them. i did, she said it could take up to 24 hours but they often post right away. there is a 30% bonus now from chase to aeroplan; my miles with the bonus had posted by the time i got off the call.

ramcm7 Dec 19, 2022 2:02 pm

Available J legs on SQ via KrisFlyer and Aeroplan were being touted on a few blogs. Time to plan next summer's vacation. My searching was hit or miss. I'd find one that looked good; looked at others; then the first one was gone. I found via AAdvantage JFK-HKG-SIN for 60K + USD33 in J on Cathay in (northern hemisphere) summer 2023. Then found SIN-LHR-EWR for 87.5K + CAD225 in J via Aeroplan on SQ/UA. Looking forward to this trip. It will be my first time on the A380.