Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines rebooked my return leg for 2 days after original flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:14 am
Original Poster

I got message this morning that a flight that I booked for August 2023 has been changed to 2 days after the original day. This is something that causes huge issues because of vacation timing with work, I chose the days I did because of the work schedule I have. The email I got says I can accept the change with a click of a button which I do not want to do.

Is there any recourse here? What can I do? What should I do?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:34 am

Which route is it?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Singapore -> Houston

Not sure if it makes any difference but I booked with Miles and am in business class
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
You can always asked for full refund when there is involuntary schedule changes. The flight is still 9 months away, you should have no problem finding alternative flights
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:38 am

Yes they're reducing this to 3x weekly.

Could you perhaps fly one day earlier ? Otherwise the only other option would be to try to get on a flight to another port and then make your own way. Easiest would be picking a flight that has availability but with some pushing you may get them to open a seat and make a change
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by williamluk
You can always asked for full refund when there is involuntary schedule changes. The flight is still 9 months away, you should have no problem finding alternative flights
Problem is that I transferred all of my chase points over to singapore to get these flights. so even if they do give me a full refund on those points I can't even use them
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Yes they're reducing this to 3x weekly.

Could you perhaps fly one day earlier ? Otherwise the only other option would be to try to get on a flight to another port and then make your own way. Easiest would be picking a flight that has availability but with some pushing you may get them to open a seat and make a change
We booked nonrefundable hotels that cost a pretty penny so we can't leave a day earlier.

So right now if we do leave on the new day we run into a few issues:
1. Work Vacation time
2. No hotel booked, we would have to pay extra to get hotels for 2 nights

Or use the points on another *A routing e.g. via Germany but does need availability. United.com is best for searching

SIA has cut capacity to Americas, so MAN-IAH is one of the routes affected. They happened to cancel the flight you were originally booked on, and offered to rebook you to the next avaialble flight which is 2 days later. You can call them up and ask for a refund. or re-route to any toher AME points without additional charges.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../ne0822-221122

Flights SQ52 and SQ51 that serve the Singapore-Manchester-Houston route will operate thrice weekly instead of four-times weekly from 28 March 2023. SIA will launch a new twice-weekly service between Singapore and Manchester, SQ302 and SQ301, operated by the A350-900 long-haul aircraft, from 2 April 2023.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Was on a call with a redemption agent, was shocked to actually get transferred to one, for about 2 hours and they could essentially do nothing. I only had 2 options, accept the flight or get a refund to my kris flyer account.

That sucks because what am I going to do with miles that I can't use because they don't have flights? If I took this route I would have over 250k miles trapped with Singapore.

We tried to find flights on partner airlines but that was a no go either because anything I could find the rep said they couldn't find on their end, and honestly wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong because I understand these partner airlines hold back redemption flights or maybe they were already booked.

So now I have to find more cash for 2 days in Singapore and hope that my boss will let me take 2 more days of vacation.....
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Can you get to another destination such SFO or NYC and then buy a UA ticket from there to IAH?
lokijuh likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:46 pm
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Originally Posted by WannaTravel92
Was on a call with a redemption agent, was shocked to actually get transferred to one, for about 2 hours and they could essentially do nothing. I only had 2 options, accept the flight or get a refund to my kris flyer account.

That sucks because what am I going to do with miles that I can't use because they don't have flights? If I took this route I would have over 250k miles trapped with Singapore.

We tried to find flights on partner airlines but that was a no go either because anything I could find the rep said they couldn't find on their end, and honestly wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong because I understand these partner airlines hold back redemption flights or maybe they were already booked.

So now I have to find more cash for 2 days in Singapore and hope that my boss will let me take 2 more days of vacation.....
This is unfortunately the risk you take when transferring points. Singapore miles are easy to use and I am sure you can find another star alliance flight.

Schedule changes are also to be expected given how far out you booked. I definitely would not have booked a non-refundable hotel in this situation. The schedule is definitely not guaranteed 9 months ahead of time.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta, United
My first suggestion would be to talk to your boss about extending the dates. Being two days they might be sympathetic especially if you have a way to make up the two days.

Next I would contact the hotels and ask about moving to different dates, then try to find new dates that work.

Finally, would it be worth while to talk with Chase and ask if they would claw the points back? Similarly being so far out, I would see if the hotels can be canceled and refunded.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:52 pm

Are you using up all of your vacation days for this trip? Can you perhaps work 2-3 days remotely out of your destination?

Given that it's 9 months out, are you sure you'll still be at your current company?
Old Nov 24, 2022, 12:55 am

I would suggest asking Singapore Airlines to move you to another SA route on original travel date, for example SIN-TPE-IAH, SIN-SFO-IAH, SIN-LAX-IAH, or even SIN-LHR-IAH. There should be plenty of choices.
Dean1953 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.