Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

PPS value calculation?

PPS value calculation?

Old Nov 21, 22, 3:13 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: Krisflyer
Posts: 414
PPS value calculation?

I am trying to understand how PPS Value is calculated. In the past 12 months I took three return trips from Australia to Europe. Twice in Business, once mixed class Business/First. All of the trips credited miles to my Krisflyer account but I only have 5630 PPS value listed in my account summary on the website. The total cost of those tris added to about AUD26500 so I am a bit confused trying to understand where all the money went. I know they don't include taxes - unfortunately SQ never gave me an itemised receipt for my mixed F/J trip so I don't know exactly how much was taxes for that journey, and I wonder if they arbitrarily decided to exclude the money I paid in travel credits towards that journey (not really fair since it was my cash that I kindly let them keep for 18 months). But even so I would expect to be closer to 20000.

The account summary online does also say "Required: 19,370 PPS Value by 31 Aug 20", which was over two years ago, so I think there must be a bug in the web page, but although I've emailed twice asking about it I never got a response. Just wondering if anyone else had a better insight into what money they count towards PPS value and any weird and not-obvious exclusions they might apply.
onlySIA is offline  
Old Nov 21, 22, 9:34 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 864
I also wonder what will be the PPS value for tickets purchased via LH or LX code share flight in SQ metal (SQ25/26 and SQ345/346)
jjjohn is offline  
Old Nov 21, 22, 9:50 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Posts: 4,650
In your list of activity (miles statement) does it show any PPS value there, or just Krisflyer and Elite miles for the flights?
lokijuh is offline  
Old Nov 21, 22, 10:44 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Posts: 3,059
Originally Posted by onlySIA View Post
The account summary online does also say "Required: 19,370 PPS Value by 31 Aug 20", which was over two years ago, so I think there must be a bug in the web page, but although I've emailed twice asking about it I never got a response. Just wondering if anyone else had a better insight into what money they count towards PPS value and any weird and not-obvious exclusions they might apply.
Your membership year ends 31 August. Your earned PPS value is shown for your membership year and not rolling 12 months. What you see now is the PPS value you accrued from 1 September to today.
SMK77 is offline  
Old Nov 22, 22, 2:28 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,276
Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
I also wonder what will be the PPS value for tickets purchased via LH or LX code share flight in SQ metal (SQ25/26 and SQ345/346)
It depends on your fare if on an SQ flight number, and if on an LX/LH flight number it depends on how much they pay SQ.

I misconnected FRA-JFK on LH in 2019 (cant search back far enough to find exact numbers) but when rebooked on the SQ flight FRA-JFK in F I received approx 2,400 PPS value.
vantage03 is offline  
Old Nov 22, 22, 5:15 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: Krisflyer
Posts: 414
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
Your membership year ends 31 August. Your earned PPS value is shown for your membership year and not rolling 12 months. What you see now is the PPS value you accrued from 1 September to today.
But my displayed PPS value didn't change since November last year. Not after a return trip SYD-CDG in July in J, not after a trip to LHR in August.
onlySIA is offline  
Old Nov 22, 22, 5:34 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: Krisflyer
Posts: 414
Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
In your list of activity (miles statement) does it show any PPS value there, or just Krisflyer and Elite miles for the flights?
Yes, the statement shows PPS value for all my trips (double entry for each trip - one with KF, Elite and PPS, the other with 0 KF, 0 Elite and the same amount of PPS). The total (excluding the duplicated values) is $26074 within a 12 month period. I know SMK77 said my membership year is to 31 August but that's my KFEG year. Everything I read online indicates that the first time you qualify for PPS it's any 12 month period.
Silly for me to be so petty over something so trivial (it doesn't seem to offer massively different benefits to KFEG - do PPS even still see better reward space these days?) but I still feel a bit cheated!
onlySIA is offline  
Old Nov 22, 22, 8:26 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Posts: 4,650
Try calling rather than emailing?
lokijuh is offline  
Old Nov 22, 22, 10:24 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 864
Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post
It depends on your fare if on an SQ flight number, and if on an LX/LH flight number it depends on how much they pay SQ.

I misconnected FRA-JFK on LH in 2019 (cant search back far enough to find exact numbers) but when rebooked on the SQ flight FRA-JFK in F I received approx 2,400 PPS value.
Thanks! I have quite a few F flights booked via LX, with LX or LH flight numbers (4 digits) but on SQ metals.
Will see.
jjjohn is offline  
Old Nov 22, 22, 9:27 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Posts: 3,059
SQs IT has many bugs but I never heard about an issue where PPS value is in the statement but not in the summary. If you are a KFEG and you are looking at the App, you need to swipe right to get to the PPS value.

Qualification is in general the membership year but SQ has always granted PPS where members show more than 25,000 SGD in rolling 12 months.

Nothing we can do here, you need to speak to SQ.
SMK77 is offline  
Old Nov 23, 22, 3:33 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: Krisflyer
Posts: 414
Even the app shows "From 1 Aug 2019" and "To qualify you need 19,370 by 31 Aug 2020" so there must be some weird glitch in their system. I will phone them and report back.
onlySIA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread