Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

Flying SQ in March'23 - Using KF miles to buy on Krisshop

Old Nov 18, 22, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hello,
Me and family have some points in SQ KF miles. After exploring various options, seems the only thing possible is using them for Kris shop purchases before they expire. My SO is traveling on SQ in Mar'23, so can I order multiple Kris shop orders for inflight delivery to her so we avoid paying the super high delivery charges they want to charge for delivery to US?
We don't have a lot of points , something like 27k in 1 account and 9k odd in two others so while its small don't wanna let it expire obviously.

I was hoping they have a Changi Airport pickup option but seems that is not the case per what I could find out.
Any thoughts or recommendations?
Old Nov 19, 22, 11:18 pm

I never fly enough to get enough miles to use for redemptions etc so I often use them in krisshop.
order before flying pay any top up of cash and they deliver to me in flight. Easy.
Old Nov 23, 22, 9:28 am

when are your miles expiring? all miles expiring in Dec22 will be extended to Jun23. So unless you have miles expiring in Jan23...

You can only opt for inflight delivery if you are not based in Singapore. Else there are shipping charges (could be quite expensive).

or if you happen to be visitng Singapore, you can convert them to Kris+ and use and spend at merchants in Singapore.
Old Nov 23, 22, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by bent View Post
when are your miles expiring? all miles expiring in Dec22 will be extended to Jun23. So unless you have miles expiring in Jan23...

You can only opt for inflight delivery if you are not based in Singapore. Else there are shipping charges (could be quite expensive).

or if you happen to be visitng Singapore, you can convert them to Kris+ and use and spend at merchants in Singapore.
Thanks for the response.
I have some expiring in Jan, Feb and April so probably good to redeem thru Krisshop.
I plan to get them delivered to my relative in Singapore (as we are not Singapore residents) and pick them during a short transit there in March but we are not flying SQ during our transit there.
Old Nov 23, 22, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
Thanks for the response.
I have some expiring in Jan, Feb and April so probably good to redeem thru Krisshop.
I plan to get them delivered to my relative in Singapore (as we are not Singapore residents) and pick them during a short transit there in March but we are not flying SQ during our transit there.
that will certainly work! You do not need to fly SQ to deliver the products to an address in Singapore
they already have a Black fridya promo with 15% off with min spend of SGD 230 so you do save when you pay with miles

Search this Thread