FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Flying SQ in March'23 - Using KF miles to buy on Krisshop (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/2101372-flying-sq-march23-using-kf-miles-buy-krisshop.html)

abhilife2001 Nov 18, 2022 3:19 pm

Flying SQ in March'23 - Using KF miles to buy on Krisshop

Hello,
Me and family have some points in SQ KF miles. After exploring various options, seems the only thing possible is using them for Kris shop purchases before they expire. My SO is traveling on SQ in Mar'23, so can I order multiple Kris shop orders for inflight delivery to her so we avoid paying the super high delivery charges they want to charge for delivery to US?
We don't have a lot of points , something like 27k in 1 account and 9k odd in two others so while its small don't wanna let it expire obviously.

I was hoping they have a Changi Airport pickup option but seems that is not the case per what I could find out.
Any thoughts or recommendations?

Firemansam Nov 19, 2022 10:18 pm

I never fly enough to get enough miles to use for redemptions etc so I often use them in krisshop.
order before flying pay any top up of cash and they deliver to me in flight. Easy.

bent Nov 23, 2022 8:28 am

when are your miles expiring? all miles expiring in Dec22 will be extended to Jun23. So unless you have miles expiring in Jan23...

You can only opt for inflight delivery if you are not based in Singapore. Else there are shipping charges (could be quite expensive).

or if you happen to be visitng Singapore, you can convert them to Kris+ and use and spend at merchants in Singapore.

abhilife2001 Nov 23, 2022 10:49 am

Originally Posted by bent (Post 34779669)
when are your miles expiring? all miles expiring in Dec22 will be extended to Jun23. So unless you have miles expiring in Jan23...

You can only opt for inflight delivery if you are not based in Singapore. Else there are shipping charges (could be quite expensive).

or if you happen to be visitng Singapore, you can convert them to Kris+ and use and spend at merchants in Singapore.

Thanks for the response.
I have some expiring in Jan, Feb and April so probably good to redeem thru Krisshop.
I plan to get them delivered to my relative in Singapore (as we are not Singapore residents) and pick them during a short transit there in March but we are not flying SQ during our transit there.

bent Nov 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 34780003)
Thanks for the response.
I have some expiring in Jan, Feb and April so probably good to redeem thru Krisshop.
I plan to get them delivered to my relative in Singapore (as we are not Singapore residents) and pick them during a short transit there in March but we are not flying SQ during our transit there.

that will certainly work! You do not need to fly SQ to deliver the products to an address in Singapore
they already have a Black fridya promo with 15% off with min spend of SGD 230 so you do save when you pay with miles

abhilife2001 Dec 2, 2022 1:43 pm

Searching products within Krisshop :((

Hello,
Wondering if there are tricks we can use to search for items in Krisshop. It seems to have been purposefully made quite tough to search for items IMHO.
For eg. there is no way to search for item across categories within a certain price range, nor search for items across all categories which are eligible for inflight delivery etc..And then we find that when we do search some item, we get some recommendations which are quite good BUT we cannot search for them thru the search bar? Like recommendations show Samsonite bags and I am able to select and add to cart. But if I try to search for more of those kinda bags, it gives no results. So not sure what I am missing.
Any experiences and tricks will help so I can make use of the current promos to use up my soon to be expiring miles.
Thx

redvelvetmartinis Dec 3, 2022 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 34802180)
Hello,
Wondering if there are tricks we can use to search for items in Krisshop. It seems to have been purposefully made quite tough to search for items IMHO.
For eg. there is no way to search for item across categories within a certain price range, nor search for items across all categories which are eligible for inflight delivery etc..And then we find that when we do search some item, we get some recommendations which are quite good BUT we cannot search for them thru the search bar? Like recommendations show Samsonite bags and I am able to select and add to cart. But if I try to search for more of those kinda bags, it gives no results. So not sure what I am missing.
Any experiences and tricks will help so I can make use of the current promos to use up my soon to be expiring miles.
Thx

There is an option at the top right of the page to change to "Non-Traveller" or "Traveller" option - you can see what's available to be given to you inflight vs those that require home delivery.