Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Complicated award booking modification - agents not helpful. Is there another way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complicated award booking modification - agents not helpful. Is there another way?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC

So, I've been trying to wrestle SQ agents in chat and on the phone about this, but it's not helping

I have a Saver award booking ICN-SIN-MUC in Business. Now, my previous cancellation got processed and I finally got my miles back, and I'd like to add a waitlist in F on SIN-FRA to my 2nd segment. There is F waitlist availability, but in Advantage.

So, the way I see it, what needs to be done is:
- Change my award from Saver to Advantage (I'm happy to do that and top up the miles)
- Add the SIN-FRA waitlist to the confirmed SIN-MUC segment.

Even if I manage to get the agents to grasp that there is availability in Advantage (they keep saying there's no availability, I keep telling them that it's because my booking is Saver, and they need to look at Advantage), they tell me that they can't add waitlisted segments to confirmed bookings anymore (?!?)

So, I have physically no way to book a mixed-class award, because the first leg, ICN-SIN, only flies 787s and 350s with no First class. So, even if I want to change my flights myself online (which is what agents have advised me), I will never get anything to show because the cabin for all segments when you change flights must be the same...

I was even considering to cancel this booking, make a new Advantage booking, and see where it gets me, but SIN-MUC is now only available for a waitlist in Business, so I don't want to lose that. There is availability ICN-SIN, so theoretically what I could do is make a completely new Advantage booking ICN-SIN(Business)-FRA(First waitlist), and if that waitlist clears, then cancel the existing Saver booking, but it'd be great if I could avoid those cancellation fees.

Should I just HUACA until I get someone who can do this? Are there any magical words I need to tell agents that would help them to process this for me? Or does anyone have any other creative ideas on how to do this?

I'm thankful for any help, I hope the wealth of knowledge on FlyerTalk will get me there
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: Alaska
It has been reported a few times that no more added waitlist on existing award booking if I remember it correctly.

you need make a separate waitlist booking.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Finding a competent SQ call centre agent is a crap shoot. I would definitely HUACA. I've been told no by one challenged SQ agent only to be told yes 10 minutes later by a knowledgable and helpful SQ agent.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by freed0m
It has been reported a few times that no more added waitlist on existing award booking if I remember it correctly.

you need make a separate waitlist booking.
Yes, call to make that new booking as mixed cabin awards can't be done online. Either way, good luck and hope you get a competent agent.

​​​​​
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:59 am

You are trying to add a F waitlist segment to FRA when your original segment is to MUC. Most likely this is not possible.

further There is marriages segment issue and you need to have the award availability for ICN-SIN-FRA not just SIN-FRA in F.

Further it cost 272k miles to book ICN-SIN in business and SIN-FRA in first. You are paying the first class rate for the entire journey for this mixed class award.

if you have the miles, just waitlist ICN-SIN in business and SIN-FRA in first separately. The total miles should be 52k plus 225k I think.
bpk6h, demue and DiamondMile like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
There is marriages segment issue and you need to have the award availability for ICN-SIN-FRA not just SIN-FRA in F.
I'm aware of married segments - this is not an issue. I already had a booking like that in the past, unfortunately had to cancel it.

Further it cost 272k miles to book ICN-SIN in business and SIN-FRA in first. You are paying the first class rate for the entire journey for this mixed class award.

if you have the miles, just waitlist ICN-SIN in business and SIN-FRA in first separately. The total miles should be 52k plus 225k I think.
Yep, and it's still cheaper to pay the F rates all the way, than pay F to SIN, and C to ICN I worked out the math before...

I guess I'll just make another booking, have it waitlisted, and eat the cancellation fees should the waitlist clear.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone
Old Nov 15, 2022, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by hdogan
I guess I'll just make another booking, have it waitlisted, and eat the cancellation fees should the waitlist clear.
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone
Should your WL does not clear, you will have those miles stranded and expiring in 3 years. Unless there's another back up plan...
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Should your WL does not clear, you will have those miles stranded and expiring in 3 years. Unless there's another back up plan...
Oh, that's not a problem, I'll travel between Europe and Asia at least once a year The miles are already in my account anyway, I'll burn them before they expire.

And an update - apparently, the agents are not allowed to make waitlist bookings *at all* anymore - even for a plain WL booking, I was told to go online. Which basically makes waitlisted tickets with mixed cabins unbookable in any way.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:37 am

Smile

Originally Posted by hdogan
Oh, that's not a problem, I'll travel between Europe and Asia at least once a year The miles are already in my account anyway, I'll burn them before they expire.
And an update - apparently, the agents are not allowed to make waitlist bookings *at all* anymore - even for a plain WL booking, I was told to go online. Which basically makes waitlisted tickets with mixed cabins unbookable in any way.
I feel ya!
Since you got the miles, you could waitlist them separately then. And IF they do clear, you could call to merge both segments. This should works...
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Since you got the miles, you could waitlist them separately then. And IF they do clear, you could call to merge both segments. This should works...
That's exactly what I plan to do - let's see if they don't put up another hurdle in the meantime
terbangalways likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.