Singapore Airlines A350-900

Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines A350-900

Hi I'll be flying from LAX to SIN towards the end of Nov. Has anyone flown in this plane A350-900 and how was the experience?

I've seen a lot of mixed reviews online with Singapore airlines quality recently going down. I'll be flying Economy and I am travelling with a 5 month old in a bassinet seat.

Let me know your recent experiences with this route or similar routes.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sid2309
Hi I'll be flying from LAX to SIN towards the end of Nov. Has anyone flown in this plane A350-900 and how was the experience?

I've seen a lot of mixed reviews online with Singapore airlines quality recently going down. I'll be flying Economy and I am travelling with a 5 month old in a bassinet seat.

I just did SFO -> SIN and SIN-> LAX albeit in J.

Crew is fantastic as usual though the food was quite poor in my opinion. Book the cook out ex-SIN was better.

The A350-900 is very nice and quiet- almost as quiet as the A380. I prefer this aircraft over the 787/777.

I think the only other carrier running a nonstop is United. Having flown both recently I will still pick Singapore in a heartbeat.
Sid2309 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! 😊

Originally Posted by Comp4k
I just did SFO -> SIN and SIN-> LAX albeit in J.

Crew is fantastic as usual though the food was quite poor in my opinion. Book the cook out ex-SIN was better.

The A350-900 is very nice and quiet- almost as quiet as the A380. I prefer this aircraft over the 787/777.

I think the only other carrier running a nonstop is United. Having flown both recently I will still pick Singapore in a heartbeat.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by Sid2309

Hello Sid2309, I've flown SIN-SFO-SIN on SQ's A350-900 on several occasions, with the most recent flights 2 months ago, in late September.

The nonstop SIN-SFO-SIN and SIN-LAX-SIN sectors are among SQ's flagship routes, and typically use newer equipment and also some of their best cabin crew. As far as economy class experiences go, the SQ experience on these sectors should be top notch. I was certainly very happy with my recent SIN-SFO-SIN flights in A350 economy in late September.

There are some differences in pre and post COVID service formats. Certain amenities like hot towels and paper menus are still not offered (Menus are digital, via onboard wifi), but on a more positive note masks are no longer required to be worn onboard on flights to-from USA, and that makes a big difference in comfort.

Here are pictures of the bassinets seats on this aircraft:

First row 41...

Bulkhead bassinet row 47...

I've also found SQ cabin crew to be especially helpful to parents with young children/babies in bassinet seats.

More details on the SQ A350-900 Economy class experience in September 2022 on the SIN-SFO sector in this Trip Report (Link to external SQTalk site), and another one on SQ32/31 SIN-SFO-SIN here from pre-COVID 2019.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

sqyf Awesome thanks so much for the detailed reply! I'm excited to fly in this new aircraft.
Singapore_Air and sqyf like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:48 am

I have 15K and 20A on two upcoming flights in the A350-900. Are these good/bad/ugly seats?

Should I switch to a "better" seat (assuming one exists)
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by malgudi
I have 15K and 20A on two upcoming flights in the A350-900. Are these good/bad/ugly seats?

Should I switch to a "better" seat (assuming one exists)
They are perfectly fine. Out of the three "good/bad/ugly" options they are "good."

I prefer 15K over 20A since row 19 is a bassinet row. A lot of people prefer the bulkhead seats (row 11/19) but you can't go wrong with your current seats.
malgudi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.