Lounge at CDG 2A

Old Nov 4, 2022, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
Lounge at CDG 2A

In a few weeks my wife is on the 2220 CDG-SIN flight in J. The SIA website shows that in terminal 2A the AC Maple Leaf Lounge should be used (No Kris Lounge in CDG?) but that closes at 1415 (i guess for the last AC flight out). As she has many hours to kill in 2A before that 2245 flight is there another lounge she can use, or will AC keep the Maple Leaf lounge open for other alliance passengers?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:15 am

Open till 2215 on day 1/4/6 when SQ332/331 operate.

SQ332/331 going daily in December only and thus the lounge should be also be extending the hours.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:12 pm

[QUOTE=MalFr;34732038 As she has many hours to kill in 2A before that 2245 flight is there another lounge she can use, or will AC keep the Maple Leaf lounge open for other alliance passengers?[/QUOTE]

I was on same night flight ex-CDG last month. AC lounge is open. Its a longgg walk from the gate. And do have Low expectations on that lounge. Especially if she intend to spend many hours.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
thanks @sbs2716g. I didn't realise it only turned into a daily flight in December - she's flying in the frst week.

@terbangalways i guess it depends on how large "many" is. For her, 45 minutes is too long, so her 5hour wait is not going to be fun. At least it's going to be somewhere slightly more pleasent to spend the time and rest than in the regular gate area, and the stretch of legs to get to the gate maybe beneficial before a long flight.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:19 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
There is a thread on AC forum, that AC - along with most other *A carriers - is moving to T1 in early December and ML lounge will, therefore, close. You will find an exact move/closure date in that thread.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've flown this very flight a couple of times last month - the entry point is roughly in the middle of the satellite terminal, the lounge is at one end and the aircraft inevitably parks at the other so it's quite a cumbersome walk. The lounge itself is nothing to write home about either - I've fed this back to SQ on both occasions so let's see if they are able to do anything.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:13 pm

I just used that lounge on 3 Nov. It is indeed a far walk from the point you clear immigration and worse still when you walk to the gate where SQ aircraft is parked - buffer at least 10 mins for that walk.
For the 1020pm depart SQ 331, the lounge was around 30-40% full when I arrived around 915pm. I left the lounge after 30mins - had instant noodles, chips and juice. There were 2 hot food items - rice and noodles, none of which were palatable to me. Assortment of cold cuts and sandwiches were avaialble but i skipped those.
Personally, this was certainly one of the poorer lounges - esp considering the far walk.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, i'll keep her suitably informed in the days leading up to her flight.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:50 am
Original Poster

I saw that SIA moved to T1 today so my wife has been there since before 4pm due to her incoming connection.
Finally checked in and was told to go through security for the T1 *A lounge, to find the lounge is actually before security! She reports everything is disorganised (no suprise being the first day there), but can anyone confirm that the SIA lounge is before security?
After a long day travelling already she really doesn't trudge over to the LH lounge which i understand is the other side of the terminal. Anywhere else she can use in the next hour or so? She's not particularily up on the airline alliance thing....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.