Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Why do I need to bring a printed paper ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do I need to bring a printed paper ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Kacee
Security may require a paper boarding pass, not a print of your itinerary..
At some airports, even to enter the airport (departures/check-in hall) to check-in for a flight you used to have to show a printout of your itinerary to a security officer. Used to be the case in India, Indonesia and Philippines, in my experience. That evolved to either not requiring at all, or allowing an itinerary to be displayed on screen of mobile phone. Not sure where this requirement is at in the post-COVID world.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
I don’t know about FUK or CMB, but at MNL - if memory serves me right - the airport has a first set of security scanners right behind the entrance doors to the terminal building, and the staff won’t (there are exceptions) let you in if you cannot show a printed itinerary or ticket to them. Never had an issue in the US needing printed tickets or itineraries. And it’s never ever been an issue flying out of SIN for me.

I think this is not an SQ requirement, and more likely the local airports or governments requesting pax to carry such documents. I don’t remember where it was, but I vaguely remember being at an airport somewhere where the check-in staff argued that printed docs were better as they could always be seen, whereas what happened if your mobile phone ran out of battery? A fair and logical point, I thought, even though I still don’t carry printed docs with me as a back-up…
Finally that scanning at door has been stopped at some terminals, with the intention of this happening at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.