Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Cancel award ticket with potentially expiring miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:31 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards

Hi All. I have an award booking for November that I need to cancel. The issue for me is that a good chunk of those points may be due to expire, but I'm not sure if or how many.

I only booked the ticket 5 months ago, so I would be eligible to extend the miles expiry date, however, if I cancel an award ticket where miles were due to expire say a few weeks ago - what happens? How can I ensure I don't lose any of the miles?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:46 pm

Those miles which have expired will be gone.

you can only make change to the flight if u want to keep the miles
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:24 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Just going through my emails now - I noticed that it says all miles expiring in 2022 will not expire - will my miles still expire?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by HB7
Just going through my emails now - I noticed that it says all miles expiring in 2022 will not expire - will my miles still expire?
Only if they had not been used in a booking. It’s illogical, I know…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.