Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Award cancellation fee not charged - should I say something?

Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold

I recently cancelled a KF award online and entered my credit card details to pay for the cancellation and redeposit of the miles. Everything went smoothly and the miles were back in my account moments later; the taxes and fees of the original reward were also refunded. However, for some reason my bank then automatically reversed the transaction for the cancellation fee.

Should I say something to SQ KF? I would not even mind if I could talk to someone competent, only I am worried that I might be opening a can of worms if someone at the call centre in India or the Philippines gets confused and overwhelmed by it all again.

I just want to avoid that I will be denied boarding for my next flights if for some reason a red flag pops up at the check-in counters...

What do you all reckon, especially you SIN-based KF members?

Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
I recently cancelled a KF award online and entered my credit card details to pay for the cancellation and redeposit of the miles. Everything went smoothly and the miles were back in my account moments later; the taxes and fees of the original reward were also refunded. However, for some reason my bank then automatically reversed the transaction for the cancellation fee.

Should I say something to SQ KF? I would not even mind if I could talk to someone competent, only I am worried that I might be opening a can of worms if someone at the call centre in India or the Philippines gets confused and overwhelmed by it all again.

I just want to avoid that I will be denied boarding for my next flights if for some reason a red flag pops up at the check-in counters...

What do you all reckon, especially you SIN-based KF members?

Thanks!
I would certainly Not waste my time to call or email in your case. You are not at the losing end I’m still waiting for my refund to be processed. No answer yet.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 12:21 pm

Similar thing happened to me recently - they failed to charge my card at award cancellation and got my miles back.

I'll make it right if they ask (via email, not picking up SQ phone #s haha), however I am not going out of my way to pay a corporate company for their mistake...
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:19 pm

Your ticket may be issued during the free cancellation period.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:48 am
THR

Happened to me and they eventually called to collect payment. Took them a couple of weeks. Points refund was immediate and taxes showed quickly.

It did specify they would call for payment on screen when it failed to take payment for me though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.