Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore F1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Singapore F1

Any FTers attending any part of the Singapore F1 GP courtesy Singapore Airlines?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Singapore Airlines has never had interest in F1. They were arm twisted by the government to pay. This year their interest was so low that Emirates was allowed to show banners. I am not aware of any lounge and invites of any passengers.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SMK77
Singapore Airlines has never had interest in F1. They were arm twisted by the government to pay. This year their interest was so low that Emirates was allowed to show banners. I am not aware of any lounge and invites of any passengers.
I was invited + guest. SQ had its own suite at the Paddock Club. Quite a spread including other activities such as whiskey, gin and sake tasting "masterclasses". Obviously the Paddock Club tickets include access to all the other areas, restaurants, pit lane walk, etc. All in all, probably the nicest TPPS perk to date. Very much appreciated.
Kacee, SMK77 and Singapore_Air like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by bpk6h
I was invited + guest. SQ had its own suite at the Paddock Club. Quite a spread including other activities such as whiskey, gin and sake tasting "masterclasses". Obviously the Paddock Club tickets include access to all the other areas, restaurants, pit lane walk, etc. All in all, probably the nicest TPPS perk to date. Very much appreciated.
I went a couple a years ago - and it was really nice, good food and drinks, a small gift to take home (EZ link card)
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Truly sounds like a fab event! Any pics you care to share...living vicariously and all that
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Here's just a few. This is the SQ suite (I edited out the people) to give you an idea. There were lounge chairs a step down in front of the window. View was onto the front of the starting grid.

​​​​​​The SQ suite was of course catered but the better food was at the various Paddock Club restaurants...Nobu, Rockpool, Jean-Georges (Vongerighten), Como and I think some others. Here's the Rockpool menu (Neil Perry himself was there) and some of the beef choices with a Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon (considering this was all inclusive and free flow there were some ok wines around...SQ had a Domaine Fourrier Gevrey Chambertin for example).

Here's a pic from Como...my kind of stuff (yeah, so much uni it fell off!). There was quite a spread here .. Lobster Rolls, Cinco Jotas Iberian Ham, crusted lamb chops, and on and on.

​​​​​​
​​​​​The SQ suite was above the BWT Alpine team. There's Alonso and Ocon down below.

The Pit Lane walk is good enough... decent views of the teams working on the cars.

​​​​​​.
RayG and Singapore_Air like this.

Last edited by bpk6h; Oct 3, 2022 at 3:10 am
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:16 am

Here's just a few. This is the SQ suite (I edited out the people) to give you an idea. There were lounge chairs a step down in front of the window. View was onto the front of the starting grid.​​​​​​.
Amazing, pics! Thank you so much bpk6h, feels like we were there. Food looks shiok! I can see why you said this was one of the best SQ events. Did they only invite T/PPS to the SQ suite?
bpk6h likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RayG
Amazing, pics! Thank you so much bpk6h, feels like we were there. Food looks shiok! I can see why you said this was one of the best SQ events. Did they only invite T/PPS to the SQ suite?
I'm assuming it was TPPS as far as SQ customers were concerned although that is only a guess. There might have been guests from other entities that do business with SQ? I didn't really mingle with anyone other than the guy who owned a Sake brewery in Japan .
sl00001 and Singapore_Air like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:32 am

I'm assuming it was TPPS as far as SQ customers were concerned although that is only a guess. There might have been guests from other entities that do business with SQ? I didn't really mingle with anyone other than the guy who owned a Sake brewery in Japan .
We all have our priorities
bpk6h likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Looks like a fantastic experience bpk6h and a nice reprieve from last night's weather no doubt.

A very nice way to acknowledge and thank their top passengers such as yourself.
bpk6h, Singapore_Air and FlyerEC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.