Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Schedule Change - Possible to rebook to different destination city

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Schedule Change - Possible to rebook to different destination city

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Just an update with another DP.
With only 5 mins retimed on SQ707 BKKSIN, 6 pax, both J revenue and saver award this Christmas.
1 of us managed to get the revenue ticket refunded FOC.
5 of us managed to change to later date, and later flight FOC.
The allowed changes is +/- 7 days of original departure date.
SQ is indeed very accommodating
Did you try asking for a reroute?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Did you try asking for a reroute?
I wish I could 😉
this was ticketed as BKK-SIN (3 months stopover)-SFO return. If it were a simple ow BKKSIN, I could have try my luck…
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Just an update to this situation - tried chat initially and after horrendous wait times, got connected to an agent who said they can only do updates to dates. I asked if I can speak to a supervisor to request for an exception - they said they can arrange a callback which they did.
About 2-3 days later, I get a call from SG number, I explain the situation about the connecting flight and they suggested they want to try and help me would put in a request for destination change (and date change) and once they receive approval within 72 hours, would call me to confirm. After about 8 minutes, they called me back to say they already received the approval to proceed and in no time, they were able to update the booking. So now an overnight layover in SIN vs overnight layover in SFO + extra connecting flight. Agree to most comments on this forum about how agents based out of SIN are usually the most helpful.
I expressed great thanks to the agent. I had also asked if it was possible to change starting airport to avoid layover, they did check but said they're unable to do so because - different country. So I believe the same geographic region change is something the agents in SIN can consider on a case by case basis.
Singapore_Air and sammyg901 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.