Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pyjamas in Business?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Do those vouchers have an expiration date?
No date was printed on the voucher. But you never know if SQ would terminate the Penhaligons partnership at any time. As they did previously with The Laundress for a different (earlier) version of the amenity kit.
sfvoyage and rt23456p like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by HadesNL
PJ are mostly for airlines FirstClass Passengers though
On most airlines, including SQ, that is indeed the case.

However, in fairness to the OP, there are exceptions: QR for instance give our proper PJs (I think by The White Company) in business class.
HadesNL and rt23456p like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:00 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany

However, in fairness to the OP, there are exceptions: QR for instance give our proper PJs (I think by The White Company) in business class.
BR (Eva) also do give PJ in Biz and LH on certain longer haul routes give a PJ Top (?) IIRC. Exceptions though and not the norm.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by demue
BR (Eva) also do give PJ in Biz and LH on certain longer haul routes give a PJ Top (?) IIRC. Exceptions though and not the norm.
UA gives out PJs on routes over 12 hours.

The QR PJs are really nice. Though honestly the old UA ones are my favorites due to light weight.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:19 am
Suspended

You can add JAL and ANA to the group, handing out cardigans and/or pjs in J.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Even Virgin manage to give me a set!

No bother - will just pack some.

Thanks all always good to check my (lack of) understanding.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
qF also provide pajama in J for overnight flight

personally i dont like PJs handed out becuase it cloggeds the bathroom at start and end of journey with everyine getting changed
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:27 am
THR

Originally Posted by Ghoulish
You can add JAL and ANA to the group, handing out cardigans and/or pjs in J.
i don’t think you could keep the JL cardigan though
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by THR
i don’t think you could keep the JL cardigan though
If you wrap it in the JL blanket no one will notice.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:17 pm

EVA also gives PJs. Pretty nice ones at that.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:53 pm

I remember being given PJs for Air India J, but they're quite horrible in terracotta colour... wouldn't be caught dead wearing them!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:59 pm
Suspended

So other than the long list of carriers that provide them, it's quite uncommon.
snic and NetJets Germany like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Okay, PJ's - the JL or NH cardigans are not necessarily intended as sleep wear (though of course nothing stopping someone using it that way), but rather for people who may be cold as many Japanese passengers seem to like it quite "toasty". One of the reasons NH and JL keep cabins at higher temperatures than say North American or some European carriers and why some folks feel the cabins are a tad to too warm. All personal preferences of course, and yes, as another poster mentioned, those cardigans are not intended for keeping.

I have to admit, I never scored PJ on NH Biz and didn't know that was on offer. Is it new with the new The Room Biz suite (looks great btw)?

As a side note, IIRC, SQ did ponder the idea of PJ for the ULR flights at some point, but I guess it didn't bear fruits. It wouldn't be a bad thing to have the option, maybe a PJ top like LH at least for over 10 or over 12hrs flights or so? I'd vote for that to be on offer. YMMV.
NetJets Germany likes this.

Last edited by demue; Sep 17, 2022 at 9:55 am
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:42 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note

Extensive clean-up of the thread was done to remove it of assorted text not allowed to be posted to the site; notably off-topic material (FT Rule 5), personal attacks or unduly personalized comments (FT Rule 12), or comments on moderation (FT Rule 18). Going forward, let's limit our discussion here to the thread topic.

FlyerTalk has four Senior Moderators tasked to tend to forums for which no individual moderators are specially assigned. We can be summoned easily to any thread in this forum by several means. We'll be pleased to respond to sort things out when appropriate under the FT posting Rules. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, for the Senior Moderator team.
NetJets Germany likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.