Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Terrible Wifi on A380 (Not even the internet)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So wondering if this is normal or it's just me. Recently flew JFK-FRA-JFK and had a heck of a time connecting to, and remaining connected to the KrisWorld Wifi network. This was even before trying to enable internet access. I didn't bother spending much time on this on the outbound as my goal was sleep, but for the first 20 minutes I was trying to do this on the return (above 10k feet natch), I would get Unable to join the network "KrisWorld" errors on both my iPhone and iPad. Nothing more specific than that, and nothing to do but repeatedly try to connect. Then when it finally connected, I got a lot of "No internet access" as well as the WiFi network disconnecting repeatedly. Some times it would only stick for a few seconds, sometimes longer. After about a half hour of this (including a phone reboot) it was finally stable enough to log in to the 100Mb free for business class. When the connection was stable, the service was decent. But the network was consistently dropping, and often disappearing entirely from Available Networks. At one point an FA noticed me struggling and tried to show me how to connect, but then realized he couldn't see the KrisWorld network in his list on his iPhone either. Which makes me think this is not that unusual?

I could never see paying for something so unstable...
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
While we managed to connect okay, speed on SIN-FRA was particularly poor and internet not useable for 2/3 of flight. Return MUC-SIN was a bit better, but never even managed to use up the free Biz data allowance. Email synch worked once IIRC.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
I had this on a recent FRA-JFK flight. It kept hanging / reconnecting, similar to the way you describe.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Regrettably the 388s are renowned for this issue, and a hard reset doesn't always work either. On my last flight in Suites (from LHR) the inflight WiFi was not working for nearly 90% of the time, which prompted the IFM to issue KrisShop vouchers to those of us who were trying to log on but were unsuccessful.
rt23456p and ijgordon like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.