Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

Waitlist "Chaser" Phone Call... Still Worthwhile?

Old Aug 15, 22, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Asiana Diamond, Krisflyer Gold, AC 50K

Hi all, I'm currently taking my first attempt at getting off the Krisflyer waitlist, as I have 2 flights where one of either me or a family member is confirmed, with the other waitlisted. I called the Krisflyer member services line as the flights are next month, and the auto-prompt starts off by saying explicitly that they will not expedite waitlist requests... should I ignore this or continue to wait until the 2-week mark?

I'm Krisflyer Gold, in case that makes an ounce of difference

Last edited by 18wheeler_vanrekt; Aug 15, 22 at 3:59 pm Reason: Added status level for relevance
Old Aug 15, 22, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt View Post
Hi all, I'm currently taking my first attempt at getting off the Krisflyer waitlist, as I have 2 flights where one of either me or a family member is confirmed, with the other waitlisted. I called the Krisflyer member services line as the flights are next month, and the auto-prompt starts off by saying explicitly that they will not expedite waitlist requests... should I ignore this or continue to wait until the 2-week mark?

Its really YMMV.
I have 3 out of 4 pax confirmed for end of august flight. And 1 pax waitlist cleared with 3 chaser over call and went to ION. I would still call and put in the chaser. Make sure you support it with that confirmed PNR.

I also have few waitlists that did not cleared. Be it CGK or CDG/ZRH. So
Old Aug 22, 22, 4:12 am

Programs: ANZ (*AGE), Accor ALL (Diamond), SIXT (Platinum), SQ (*AG)
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt View Post

stay hopeful, but it really wont make a difference. I travelled F recently (cash ticket) from FRA-SIN (SQ25) and SIN-MEL (777) both were full, but, there were standbys on both aircraft, with the purser in both flight saying they had empty seats despite award space being blocked. The skies are just too busy at the moment.
Old Aug 22, 22, 7:20 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), AAirpass, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by terbangalways View Post
Its really YMMV.
I have 3 out of 4 pax confirmed for end of august flight. And 1 pax waitlist cleared with 3 chaser over call and went to ION. I would still call and put in the chaser. Make sure you support it with that confirmed PNR.

Can I ask did waitlist clear before you went to ION and you just went there for ticketing, or you called and went to ION to ask to waitlist to clear?
Old Sep 17, 22, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by 44C View Post
Can I ask did waitlist clear before you went to ION and you just went there for ticketing, or you called and went to ION to ask to waitlist to clear?
Called and went to ION to "push" LOL
If you do live in SG, i highly suggest you make a trip to ION as this will saved you a LOT of time!...
If you also speak decent Mandarin, I also suggest to dial Mandarin as the CS are also new. But they are very patient and responsible in getting our queries done.
I've been getting some NO over the phone to even ask for a WL to be added to confirmed ticket. Citing "we are not allowed to add waitlist now" (roll eyes)...

My last week CDG WL did not clear, and i have to spend an extra week in EU. Thank God the weather was still warm and nice.
44C likes this.
Old Sep 24, 22, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways View Post
Its really YMMV.

I have requested award flight from Melb to BKK in waitinglist. It's in economy class in December. How much chance will it be to get it cleared by call? Any tips for the phone call?
Old Sep 24, 22, 11:34 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Gold
Ive spoke with PPS Connect 3 times this week for a WL chaser (where the WL expires tonight, 14 days out).

They all said they would, however today the experience was different and I had to go through the process of keying in my pin for identifying myself (the other two calls didnt require this), and the agent also asked for a reason I must be on this flight, which she said helps the push.

Makes me wonder if the first two calls actually did send a chaser, or not.

Anyway, it hasnt cleared yet, Im not holding my breath, but fingers crossed.

Search this Thread