Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Sq11/sq12, 1 hour NRT layover long enough to use ANA lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:35 am
koi
Original Poster

My upcoming lax to sin flight has 1 hour lay over at Narita, I'm wondering if I could leverage that one hour to go to ANA lounge to grab something to eat? I think they now take priority pass.
Any one here taken this flight? What are your thoughts?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by koi
My upcoming lax to sin flight has 1 hour lay over at Narita, I'm wondering if I could leverage that one hour to go to ANA lounge to grab something to eat? I think they now take priority pass.
Any one here taken this flight? What are your thoughts?
I just flew the SQ12 on Saturday and you won't have time for the lounge going to Los Angeles. Transit security at NRT is kind of a joke, even for those in business and first with priority. Going the other way on SQ 11 you may be able to swing a quick stop if all things line up in your favor.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 4:19 pm
koi
Original Poster

Originally Posted by esls79
I just flew the SQ12 on Saturday and you won't have time for the lounge going to Los Angeles. Transit security at NRT is kind of a joke, even for those in business and first with priority. Going the other way on SQ 11 you may be able to swing a quick stop if all things line up in your favor.
Thanks, that's really too bad, cuz I purposefully booked this flight thinking I'll be able to see the lounge. How long was the actual connection time bw off board and boarding time??
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by koi
Thanks, that's really too bad, cuz I purposefully booked this flight thinking I'll be able to see the lounge. How long was the actual connection time bw off board and boarding time??
I managed to do it on SQ12...but you will only have about 10-15min in the lounge. You'll need to walk fast...which is maybe not a bad thing given you'll be sitting for hours. Unfortunately, the ANA lounge closer to the SQ gate at Satellite 4 is still closed (as far as I know). If it were open then it wouldn't be as much of a problem to visit like the pre-Covid days.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by koi
purposefully booked this flight thinking I'll be able to see the lounge.
Really can't imagine doing that. The NH lounges at NRT are mediocre at best.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Agree. You’re not missing anything at the NH J lounge. It’s a pretty standard place as far as lounges are concerned. Everyone seems to like the “beer machines” that get a consistent head of foam. The ramen bar is a semi-novelty (other airlines offer similar) but the food isn’t particularly great.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Agree, certainly not worth arranging a trip around.
​​​​​​TPPS gets access to the ANA Suites lounge and even that is so so for a 'first class lounge'. My usual pre-covid transit on this flight was to skip the lounge and do a quick meal at Sushi Kyotatsu.

​​​​​​
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I just flew JL LAX-xNRT-oMNL. To my surprise, there was no security check at NRT. They just released us right from the aircraft into the departures level.

Same thing in Doha a month ago.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: TK *G, UA, AS
Originally Posted by koi
I recently flew SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN. Scheduled NRT arrival is 17:50 and scheduled departure is 19:00. We arrived approx 30 minutes early, and there was no transit security coming from the US. I walked quickly to the NH lounge at Satellite No. 5 (near gate 52), and I was taking a shower by 17:40 (no wait for the shower). For me, a shower to refresh between long flights is more important than food and drink in the lounge.

They had a sign at the gate when we arrived announcing boarding at 18:30. They must have started earlier, though, because the gate area was mostly empty when I returned just before 18:30.

On SQ11, you will likely have time for a lounge visit, even without an early arrival. On SQ12, the time spent on transit security will leave you little time for a lounge visit unless you get lucky with an early arrival.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
I read that Japan is opening up its travel to visitors from Oct 11th.

Does this mean the ANA lounge near the SQ gate for SQ12 in Satellite 4 at NRT is going to be reopen?

Has anyone heard anything?

would appreciate any transit advice for SQ12 to get through security queue efficiently!

is there still a long queue even for F and J pax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.