Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIA's response to LHR rotations due to COVID-19

Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me at what date did SQ stop their flights to LHR and which flight numbers were the first to be stopped?

Likewise, when did SQ reinstate flights to LHR (presumably these were VTL cos I flew on one of them lol) and what flight numbers came back first

I cannot for the life of me remember back to those horrible days (spring 2020) and remember if SQ flew their A380 twice daily like normal or if it was downgraded to a B777 or A350 until complete service suspension.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
LHR flights were never totally suspended.

At the worst point in Apr-Jun 2020 the airline still operated 3x weekly SQ322/317 flights using Airbus A350s.

Schedules has been progressively restored since then of course!
oxfordjames, AndDee and A380 Flyer like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
LHR flights were never totally suspended.

At the worst point in Apr-Jun 2020 the airline still operated 3x weekly SQ322/317 flights using Airbus A350s.

Schedules has been progressively restored since then of course!
Yet 3x weekly is 25 flights less than 4x daily. So wow what an effect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.