Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Painful Singapore interactions - help with cancelation question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Painful Singapore interactions - help with cancelation question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Painful Singapore interactions - help with cancelation question

I have not really ventured much outside Southwest for US and paid flights for International so maybe my first foray being KF was esp. painful. I have a hard time understanding any of the agents and it's just been difficult to get any help. I had moved points to KF with the hope of using on AS but like this post was unsuccessful (Unable to book alaska flights with krisflyer miles).

Anyway, then KF couldn't help with a UA stopover, so had to book two separate one way UA flights (and also had to use thousands of other points with another airline) and now may also end up losing $450 for 3 people if my understanding below is correct about KF cancelation policy.

Looking for clarification - If I cancel our award flights (on United) we pay $75 per person cancelation fees? Even if I am willing to relinquish my points. Family non-covid health issues. I know I can do 1 free change in flight but points expire soon after proposed flight so no use. Newbie so pl. be kind
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by chaigirl
..If I cancel our award flights (on United) we pay $75 per person cancelation fees? Even if I am willing to relinquish my points.
That sounds like the ballpark. Of course you forfeit the ticket but then you'll lose points and taxes.

..but points expire soon after proposed flight so no use. Newbie so pl. be kind
Are you certain? So far, SQ has been very generous with extending award miles.

They did so thrice for me.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:03 pm

yes, cancellation fee for STAR flights apply on a per ticket basies charged at USD 75 / ticket
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ellation-fees/
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:29 pm

You try to ask for fee waiver. Provide the proof of health issue if they ask. Sometime they do waive off.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
You try to ask for fee waiver. Provide the proof of health issue if they ask. Sometime they do waive off.
Even for someone with no status?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Can always ask, worst case they say no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.