Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Problem trying to change award ticket online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold

I am trying to change online a one way saver award ticket from a late afternoon flight to an early morning flight on the same day. I keep getting a message that stopovers on one way saver awards are not allowed, but there is no stopover. It is a simple one way non-stop flight. After logging in I am going to Manage Booking, then Change Flights, select the flight to change, click Search and then the flight I want appears. I click Next and the no stopover message appears. What am I doing wrong?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:49 am

Suspect SQ's online system is not clever enough to recognize stopover versus less than 24 hours layover. Unfortunately in such a circumstance, you have to call.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Unfortunately in such a circumstance, you have to call.
I already called but could not get immediate help. The person that I spoke to took down all of the information and told me that someone would call me back. I hope that they call soon or saver awards on the earlier flight might not still be available.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: Alaska
What is the route and date? Is it a segment of another ticket?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freed0m
What is the route and date? Is it a segment of another ticket?
SIN-DPS on 15 Sept 2022. I fly into SIN on JAL booked separately. The SQ flight is not linked in any way with the inbound flight to SIN.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Nevermind, I just realized my mistake. I neglected to choose either Saver or Advantage before clicking Next. After clicking Saver, my flight was changed to the earlier flight. I expected to pay 25 USD and another 2k miles (original flight cost 19k and new flight was showing as 21k), but the change was made for no extra charge or miles. Very happy now.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I expected to pay 25 USD and another 2k miles (original flight cost 19k and new flight was showing as 21k), but the change was made for no extra charge or miles. Very happy now.
You shouldn't be made to pay the USD25 change fee if your ticket was issued prior to 31 July 2022, as you're entitled to one complimentary change after.

And there shouldn't be any extra KF miles required if your ticket was issued prior to 5 July 2022, if it doesn't require reissuance (such as date and time change).

So what you've encountered aligns with expectations.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

I haven't flown SQ in a long time so I wasn't up to date with the terms and conditions with regard to changing an award ticket. I'm glad that SQ allows such flexibility without charge. Thanks for offering to help, but as mentioned above, I did finally figure out what I was doing wrong.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Nevermind, I just realized my mistake. I neglected to choose either Saver or Advantage before clicking Next. After clicking Saver, my flight was changed to the earlier flight. I expected to pay 25 USD and another 2k miles (original flight cost 19k and new flight was showing as 21k), but the change was made for no extra charge or miles. Very happy now.
It's known behavour then when u try to change a ticket issued before the award fare increase, online flight results page will still show the new miles required, but in the payment summary page, it will re-calcuate to reflect no additional miles required assuming it the same award type is still available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.