CGK turnaround on SQ

Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
I would not be surprised if the agent is right. There are almost no International/International transit passengers anymore at CGK since Garuda scaled back largely on international flights.

The turnaround time is too short to get a VOA and go to departures again.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by yamauchig
just seems odd that they would close the transit counter and now you have to formally enter the country then transit.
Jakarta isn’t much of an international transit airport. Not like NRT, HKG or SIN. I’d guess that less than 5% of passengers are immediately transiting to another international location.

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Just tried to phone the SQ airport office on +62 21 5083 5922 to ask on this visa point / operation of the international transit counter but no one picked up....
​​​​​​​
Also not surprising that airport locations not answering on the weekend.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Thanks Singapore_Air ! This is exactly what I needed, directions and pictures I think based on your information I'm going to give it a try and if I fail then I guess I just overnight.
Thanks everyone for all the info!
caa 5th Jul 2022/05072022 , there wasn't any international transit counter available. Maybe someone who enter between 6-24 jul could provide any changes
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Just as an interesting sidenote, I also sent a request to a company at CGK that offers arrival, departure and transit assistance at the airport to get a quote for their transit service.

His first reply was a price quote and he also told me I needed a "visa on arrival" to connect to the SQ flight back to Singapore. I replied to him telling him I wasn't planning to enter the country just transit and go gate to gate. l just got another message from him and thought you might be interested............

Dear Sir
Thank you for your email
On your case is you need to go out to arrival and and get in for departure , you need to buy Visa On Arrival
International transit not yet open , the normal route will apply for you

Thank you and kind regards

So I guess he's saying that the "transit immigration counter" is closed. That sounds a little weird, so I guess that means that everyone transiting CGK now has to go thru the regular arrival immigration procedure, clear customs then reenter the airport to board their connecting flight.

I guess that means an overnight for me.
Any US airport allows transit without regular arrival immigration procedure, no need clear customs then reenter the airport to board their connecting flight?
jongesander likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
yamauchig , I was thinking about your desire to try the new First Class lounge and The Private Room.

Maybe your planning is more easy when you know that you can also use TPR on arrival.

​​​​​​To enjoy the lounges and the short flight in F without too much stress I would advise you to make a schedule with at least the minimum time to get a VOA and enter the departures zone again.

​​​​​
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Just tried to phone the SQ airport office on +62 21 5083 5922 to ask on this visa point / operation of the international transit counter but no one picked up....
Singapore_Air, Thanks very much for trying to make this call, it was truly above and beyond, thanks for your time! All your into to me has helped me in my planning. Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:43 pm

Singapore_Air, Thanks very much for trying to make this call, it was truly above and beyond, thanks for your time! All your into to me has helped me in my planning. Thanks
I phoned and they have informed that the international transit counter is open and you don't need a visa on arrival. I think it is worth double-checking again though as whilst he was nice, the way he answered my question didn't fill me with absolute confidence in light of the posts above saying to the contrary.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

I phoned and they have informed that the international transit counter is open and you don't need a visa on arrival. I think it is worth double-checking again though as whilst he was nice, the way he answered my question didn't fill me with absolute confidence in light of the posts above saying to the contry.
Thanks, I'll see if I can find an email for immigrations to try and confirm that bit of information. Your information has definitely given me a heads up on what to expect. Much appreciated.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Thanks, I'll see if I can find an email for immigrations to try and confirm that bit of information. Your information has definitely given me a heads up on what to expect. Much appreciated.
I am flying to CGK this Thu - I will check on arrival if the transit counter is open or not
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
I am flying to CGK this Thu - I will check on arrival if the transit counter is open or not
Thanks a lot in advance for your help !
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:52 am
Original Poster

sl00001 . Wow, truly above and beyond! Please only do this if it doesn't delay you or take you out of your normal routine.
Many thanks to all for your awesome help! If this all comes together, I will certainly post a follow up. Hopefully no drama.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
sl00001 . Wow, truly above and beyond! Please only do this if it doesn't delay you or take you out of your normal routine.
Many thanks to all for your awesome help! If this all comes together, I will certainly post a follow up. Hopefully no drama.
Just arrived CGK this morning - there was no one at the transfer desk, not sure whether it meant that it is not operating or there were no arriving flights with transit pax.....it was very quiet this morning at CGK. I got through immigration (plus getting the VOA) in less than 20 minutes
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Just arrived CGK this morning - there was no one at the transfer desk, not sure whether it meant that it is not operating or there were no arriving flights with transit pax.....it was very quiet this morning at CGK. I got through immigration (plus getting the VOA) in less than 20 minutes
Thanks for this information. I think I will make my plans assuming it is closed which means an overnight. Better to plan this way instead of hoping its open and then find out it's not and missing my flight. Thanks again and enjoy your time in CGK.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hi yamauchig , any chance you can report back what was the outcome of your transit? Im actually planning xxx-nrt-cgk itinerary on that arrives at 11:55pm followed by a Cgk-sin itinerary on SQ that leaves at 5:25am. My hope is that I can juzt go through the intl transit desk and not have to get a VOA (especially since I was in indo last month and dont want to waste another passport page on another VOA for only 5 hours lol). Ill also be carrying on only too. Of course, if worst comes to worst Ill snag a VOA but would much rather not. Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fender5787
Hi yamauchig , any chance you can report back what was the outcome of your transit? Im actually planning xxx-nrt-cgk itinerary on that arrives at 11:55pm followed by a Cgk-sin itinerary on SQ that leaves at 5:25am. My hope is that I can juzt go through the intl transit desk and not have to get a VOA (especially since I was in indo last month and dont want to waste another passport page on another VOA for only 5 hours lol). Ill also be carrying on only too. Of course, if worst comes to worst Ill snag a VOA but would much rather not. Thanks!
Actually, I didn't go, it became more of a hassle and not worth the 1-day adventure. I did contact 2 meet/greet and assist type services at CGK and they both seem to indicate that the transit desk is closed (this might have changed) and I would need a VOA. Also, I sent in my vaccine info via the PeduliLindungi app, checked 10days later and was still "waiting approval", i sent them an email and never received a reply. So, all things considered I cancelled and will visit Jakarta later for 3-4 days and make it a holiday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.