Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conditions of Carriage Layover Rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Conditions of Carriage Layover Rules

I have ticketed SIN-FRA(2.5 hours layover)-CDG.
Should SQ Involuntarily re-routed me on direct route SIN-CDG once schedule opens up (or for any reasons or partner flight got cancelled).

What are my rights? Can i insist with the original indirect route (transiting in FRA)?
Reason the above routing/itinerary has been agreed upon, and i have paid and made some plans in FRA.
Do travel insurance also cover missed connection If there is a 2.5 hours transit time between flights?

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/g...ions-carriage/
Based on the link, stopover is defined clearly. But i can't find rules on layover.

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
SQ has an obligation to get you to Paris. They do have the right to re-route you per the CoC. I don't see in the CoC anywhere where you have the right to demand a specific transit point on the way to CDG.
terbangalways likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:17 pm

Not sure why SQ will reroute you to the direct flight. You will fly whatever you are ticket in.

unless FRA-CDG is cancelled. But then SQ will put you on other FRA-CDG flight unless the pax request for direct SIN-CDG
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Not sure why SQ will reroute you to the direct flight. You will fly whatever you are ticket in.

unless FRA-CDG is cancelled. But then SQ will put you on other FRA-CDG flight unless the pax request for direct SIN-CDG
agree with this as well...if SIN-FRA is cancelled they will most likely offer the next earliest available flight to CDG (or the same routing the next available day) ...that could be direct or through another European city.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

Originally Posted by bpk6h
agree with this as well...if SIN-FRA is cancelled they will most likely offer the next earliest available flight to CDG (or the same routing the next available day) ...that could be direct or through another European city.
Thanks both!
I was referring IF any of the flights is cancelled. Very clear now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.