Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption cost for HKG-SIN // SIN-SGN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Redemption cost for HKG-SIN // SIN-SGN

Hi all,

I want to fly from HKG to SGN with a one week stop over in SIN (Zone 4 to Zone 3). THe SQ redemption PDF here doesn't list the miles but instead says "To confirm the exact mileage required, please use the mileage calculator.", however when I try the mileage calculator, I get an error message, "We cannot process your request right now. Please try again later, or get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office.".

Can anybody help me to confirm:
  1. Can this route actually be ticketed?
  2. How many miles would be required for a J class ticket?
  3. I can't find a way to ticket a one way redemption with a stopover online, what's the best way to talk to someone at SQ? Every time I call them I get an agent who is not trained to deal with redemptions and tells me I will get a callback, but I never get one...
TIA!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:24 am

You need to book 2x1 way due to the backtracking rule.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
You need to book 2x1 way due to the backtracking rule.
Is the backtracking rule built into the SQ ticketing system, or is it possible that an agent who doesn't know this rule will quote you a one way fare with a stopover?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:29 am

Nobody can issue this itinerary as 1 ticket.
It was build in the system.
Even PEK-SIN-LHR cannot book as 1 ticket.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Sunny_1900
Is the backtracking rule built into the SQ ticketing system, or is it possible that an agent who doesn't know this rule will quote you a one way fare with a stopover?
it was possible. But SQ no more stopover for saver one-way. So very unlikely.

someone booked lax-sin-ist so it definitely was possible.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
If the mileage is not shown in the award chart, it will not be possible to book the award as one ticket. freed0m , lax-sin-ist isn't considered backtracking as the route from lax-sin is over the Pacific. In SQ's award chart an award ticket is possible between Zone 12 (US West Coast) and 10 (Turkey).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
If the mileage is not shown in the award chart, it will not be possible to book the award as one ticket. freed0m , lax-sin-ist isn't considered backtracking as the route from lax-sin is over the Pacific. In SQ's award chart an award ticket is possible between Zone 12 (US West Coast) and 10 (Turkey).

please try to book it on sq website and let me know your success. LOL
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
If the mileage is not shown in the award chart, it will not be possible to book the award as one ticket.
That’s not entirely correct. I have in the past not seen some mileage on the award chart, but by chance played around with some routes and they were indeed priced for booking. Remember I was surprised back then. Can’t for my life remember the exact routes I searched though…
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
That’s not entirely correct. I have in the past not seen some mileage on the award chart, but by chance played around with some routes and they were indeed priced for booking. Remember I was surprised back then. Can’t for my life remember the exact routes I searched though…
Some can price it as *A award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.