Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

possibly missing connection at JFK due to weather

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

possibly missing connection at JFK due to weather

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Curiously, why would a SG resident insist on flying SQ, especially from a city that SQ doesn't have direct flights? I know many SG residents that don't - if it requires a transit, always more assuring to transit at another airline's home hub. Besides the price is often cheaper.
As an SG residents who prefers SQ out of New York, there's always a good reason to find an excuse to stay a night in NYC, by booking a sector into NYC, and then over-nighting there before taking SQ home

TBH though we are living in exceptional times (in terms of SQ loadings - many flights full or even oversold). In "ordinary" times a) OP might have been able to move to the earlier JetBlue flight with minimal penalty as a wider range of fare classes might have been available on the SQ flight b) probably would not have needed to worry about not losing a J seat if they missed the SQ flight as usually there might be a few spare on the flights the next day.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m also not convinced that no-showing on the B6 leg would ever impact the reservation on SQ. Does anyone think the two airlines’ systems actually talk to each other in real-time?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Have you considered going East, on Emirates or Qatar?
Yes, those are options as well! I think the key criteria now is same airline on the transfer, or at least the same alliance!

Originally Posted by truncated
Speaking as someone who flies between BOS and SIN fairly often I think separate tickets makes more sense even if SQ is willing to sell you a B6 connection — if you're fine with spending a day in JFK then booking BOS-JFK and JFK-SIN separately is usually cheaper, and it's much easier to change the BOS-JFK leg (or just switch to Amtrak) as well. Plus if you book on DL and have no checked bags you don't even need to reclear security and can get a BP printed at the gate (and if you have an SC membership you can just wait out the connection in the club as well).
Good to know! I think this will not be our first choice going forward though.

Well, glad you got on the flight… albeit just by the skin of your teeth! If you fancy a meet up over drinks and hawker food in Singapore to recant / commiserate your experience, just shout!
Haha thanks!

Originally Posted by lokijuh
As an SG residents who prefers SQ out of New York, there's always a good reason to find an excuse to stay a night in NYC, by booking a sector into NYC, and then over-nighting there before taking SQ home
TBH though we are living in exceptional times (in terms of SQ loadings - many flights full or even oversold). In "ordinary" times a) OP might have been able to move to the earlier JetBlue flight with minimal penalty as a wider range of fare classes might have been available on the SQ flight b) probably would not have needed to worry about not losing a J seat if they missed the SQ flight as usually there might be a few spare on the flights the next day.
That is a good point!

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I’m also not convinced that no-showing on the B6 leg would ever impact the reservation on SQ. Does anyone think the two airlines’ systems actually talk to each other in real-time?
I wasn't going to try it! But I would LOVE to know the answer here if anyone else here wants to be guinea pig

30 hours in, I think I've gain 5 lbs here! It's good to be back after 3 years away due to COVID!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
For an upcoming trip to KUL, SQ was significantly cheaper than the competition. Living in central MA however, I would rather drive (3 hr with reasonable luck) to JFK than add any risk of misconnect across carriers - even though B6 provides ORH-JFK service.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:38 am

How do you find this and the itinerary? I’m booked on JetBlue to jfk and jfk to sin on sq business all in one ticket by sq business. Where does the mint line entitlement appear?
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by lukelim89
How do you find this and the itinerary? I’m booked on JetBlue to jfk and jfk to sin on sq business all in one ticket by sq business. Where does the mint line entitlement appear?
This is going by memory.

You won't find it in mobile. You wont find it in any email receipt or itinerary. You have to log into the res on the jetblue website on desktop and click around the itinerary and somewhere you'll see Class: Mosaic or some such thing even though the flight is all economy. At least this was true in July. Print that out, and show that to the people guarding the Mosaic line and they'll let you through. Conversely, without that, they won't let you through, even though it's a SQ biz ticket and it would make sense. They are just looking for the word "Mosaic" printed somewhere with your itinerary.

Good luck!
Old Nov 30, 2022, 5:01 am

Thank you
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:27 am

Yours is SQ connecting to SQ.

OP's situation is different, it's another airline connecting to SQ. Don't think SQ has ability to control late arrival of third party airline, and manage its own departure in light of - even if they are all on one PNR.
UA to SQ is codeshare on one ticket even better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.