Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Questions about Singapore Award change allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:49 am
Original Poster

I am trying to use up my miles before expiry and book an award ticket before the devaluation in July.

Singapore Air already states that: Date changes made to existing awards from 5 July 2022 will not attract the new prices. In other words, if you book an award before 5 July 2022 and subsequently change the travel date, no additional miles will be required

Is this possible for the scenarios I have below?
  1. Book June 2022 for redemption ticket for travel date April 2023
  2. April 2023 comes, and I want to change the redemption ticket to the travel date of April 2024
Will I be charged the new miles price when I change April 2023 and do I incur any fees?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:16 pm

I should think this requires re-ticketing as you're moving to a date that's beyond the ticket validity of 1 year (June 2023), so you would be charged additional KF miles.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: NZ
As 2024 is ourside the validity of the original ticket, I would suspect that you will have to cancel the original ticket, which means that the miles will be lost if they would have already expired. I am really not sure if SQ would extend the validity of the ticket into 2024 - others may know. But even if they did you would have to pay the additional miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.