Wiki Posts
Search

Will SQ interline with BA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Will SQ interline with BA?

I'm flying SIN-LHR on SQ and then connecting to LHR-ORD on BA. Will SQ interline our luggage to BA? Our 2 sectors are on different tickets. Worried reading all the LHR arrival news on long immigration lines and some delay in baggage that we won't make our 2.5 hour connecting.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Maybe this helps. Once as a consecutive *A Gold and AF Plat I (and 1 other colleague travelling the same itinerary, similar status) had my baggage interlined flying LH MUC-MAD and CSA MAD-PRG.

They lost it.

We traced and found the baggage ourselves 3 weeks later in DUS and had it returned through AF. Although quite what it was doing in DUS was not clear.

I’d reckon that this is more a post for the BA forum as personally would not even entertain interlining knowing that the heady mix of luggage and BA = complete failure and incompetence.

Bon courage.

AF

Last edited by Armchair Flyer; Jun 15, 2022 at 8:10 pm
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bagold
I'm flying SIN-LHR on SQ and then connecting to LHR-ORD on BA. Will SQ interline our luggage to BA? Our 2 sectors are on different tickets. Worried reading all the LHR arrival news on long immigration lines and some delay in baggage that we won't make our 2.5 hour connecting.
You will not have 2:30hrs as BA will close the flight XX minutes before scheduled departure. And then BA-LHR conformance.
Always more @&* with flights to USA
SQ-->https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ckin-partners/

FT-->SQ interline agreements with Other Airlines
FT--->Singapore policy on interlining on separate tickets
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Armchair Flyer
Maybe this helps. Once as a consecutive *A Gold and AF Plat I (and 1 other colleague travelling the same itinerary, similar status) had my baggage interlined flying LH MUC-MAD and CSA MAD-PRG.
I’d reckon that this is more a post for the BA forum as personally would not even entertain interlining knowing that the heady mix of luggage and BA = complete failure and incompetence.
No, it is a question for SQ - as the first carrier. It's their policies that dictate whether it can be done (and they usually do allow interlining to other carriers they have an interline agreement with, even on separate bookings). Although if successful, the traveler will have to find the BA transfer desk to check in and provide the luggage check-in identification to BA.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:29 am

Yes they will, SQ are very good about this IME. However as others say above it is critical that you have the tags to show to BA at the transfer desks or they won't load the bags
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:12 am
Original Poster

So I went to the airport T3 First Class check-in to make sure today. And they showed me on their computer screen that SQ will NOT interline with BA or TP when flying to LHR. So no luck for me. Will need to send my bags ahead of time to my final destination.

Edited: To add that this is for flights booked on separate tickets.

Last edited by bagold; Jun 19, 2022 at 5:33 pm
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:02 pm

So I went to the airport T3 First Class check-in to make sure today. And they showed me on their computer screen that SQ will NOT interline with BA or TP when flying to LHR. So no luck for me. Will need to send my bags ahead of time to my final destination.
You mean if they’re are on separate PNRs right?

Did you clarify if SQ would interline, if it’s on the same PNR?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
BA still doesn’t check through bags when you are exclusively flying BA metal unless it’s one PNR/ticket.

SQ in the past has done everything possible and I never got a no (as PPS). It’s SQ’s discretion to check bags through on different PNR and the key issue is liability. The first carrier checking the bag in has to deal with any inquiries and compensation requests. This is time consuming and expensive and that’s why most carriers are not keen.

Flying exclusively StarAlliance metal on different PNR will usually not cause any issues. They are the best alliance for this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

SORRY....to clarify if you are booked on 2 separate tickets they will not check through the bags.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:49 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
So I went to the airport T3 First Class check-in to make sure today. And they showed me on their computer screen that SQ will NOT interline with BA or TP when flying to LHR. [...]
A data point from a few days ago: I flew with SQ from SIN-LHR and then with BA from LHR to BER. Two separate tickets (one SQ, one BA); two separate PNRs; two different classes of travel.

At Changi there was no problem checking my bags through to BER and the bags duly arrived with me the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.