Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How long do I have to confirm a waitlist award that has cleared?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 11:17 am
jbb
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold

I waitlisted an advantage fare (SIN-NRT-LAX 1-way) which just opened up yesterday. Is there a time limit like 24, 48 or 72 hours from e-mail notification for me to confirm the award before they give it away to someone else? The only thing that was said in the e-mail is that there is a "ticketing time limit" and "my booking will be cancelled if not completed by 23 May". Does this mean I can keep this award opening on hold all the way until May 23 without fear of losing it? I wait listed on a couple of other routings which might be preferable, so if I truly can wait all the way until May 23 to see what my options are before confirming, I will. But I'm just worried that they'll cancel the wait list for me after a shorter time period. I've read some bloggers say that you "typically have 48-72 hours" to confirm the award, but I don't see that anywhere in the official SQ communications.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by jbb
Does this mean I can keep this award opening on hold all the way until May 23 without fear of losing it? I wait listed on a couple of other routings which might be preferable, so if I truly can wait all the way until May 23 to see what my options are before confirming, I will.
That is correct. And if you need a further extension, call up before May 23 and see if they can extend it further, particularly if your intended flight date is way out and you still haven't heard back on the other waitlists.

But DO start calling a few days prior to May 23, as the call centres may be jammed and you may not always get through at the first instance. You don't want the ticketing deadline to lapse just because you couldn't get through to someone.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:34 pm
jbb
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
That is correct. And if you need a further extension, call up before May 23 and see if they can extend it further, particularly if your intended flight date is way out and you still haven't heard back on the other waitlists.

But DO start calling a few days prior to May 23, as the call centres may be jammed and you may not always get through at the first instance. You don't want the ticketing deadline to lapse just because you couldn't get through to someone.
Thank you! I won't have a need for extending the deadline as I'll be perfectly happy to take this flight if nothing else clears by then. I would just like to see if one of the saver fares I waitlisted for clears up instead of the Advantage one I'm cleared on now. The departure is quite soon (June 4).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.