Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Which airlines can be redeemed online with KF

Old May 17, 2022, 7:45 am
Original Poster

In the post COVID world, as people are gearing up to travel again and SQ call centres are swamped, which airlines (*A and partners) can we book award flights entirely online?

So far I’ve only seen TK, LH, LX, SK, BR. Is this the exhaustive list?

I’ve personally not seen NH, UA, TG etc. availability online. Does this mean that these airlines can’t be redeemed online hence would necessitate a phone call?
Old May 17, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
I've seen NH, UA, AI, TG, NZ online...whether more is available by calling is another question. At any rate, availability isn't the best. AC is the one I don't think I've seen online.

Last edited by bpk6h; May 17, 2022 at 11:25 am
Old May 17, 2022, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Do you use the ANA or Aeroplan tool to double check as well? Is the availability similar?
Old May 17, 2022, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Do you use the ANA or Aeroplan tool to double check as well? Is the availability similar?
I have accounts for both but haven't cross checked really. I happened by chance to check AC a few days ago as I was curious about TATL options and there was quite a bit of availability (although at various redemption rates)...so I think calling SQ is required for AC. Not sure about NH... it's not a life priority for me so not focused on cross checking .
Old May 17, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Definitely seen VA flights bookable online, FWIW.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 9:29 am

I've noticed that for awards involving a connection whether it's, for example, LH to SQ or LX to LX that online the only presented option is the tightest connection. It would be nice if SQ could present all possible connections online. I just called up re an LX award (LHR-ZRH-SIN) as online the only choice was a 50min connection. By calling up, I had a choice pretty much all other LHR-ZRH flights on that day.

I also recently redeemed a J award on BR BKK-LHR. Forgot just how good BR is. Other than the seat (I prefer the space of SQ's bulkhead) BR was better in every other way in my opinion. Our flight also had both Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame options... regular and rosé. Food, presentation, amenities and service were outstanding as well.

Anyways, thank goodness for *A awards as it was impossible to find anything on SQ to/from Europe at short notice.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bpk6h
I've noticed that for awards involving a connection whether it's, for example, LH to SQ or LX to LX that online the only presented option is the tightest connection. It would be nice if SQ could present all possible connections online. I just called up re an LX award (LHR-ZRH-SIN) as online the only choice was a 50min connection. By calling up, I had a choice pretty much all other LHR-ZRH flights on that day.

I also recently redeemed a J award on BR BKK-LHR. Forgot just how good BR is. Other than the seat (I prefer the space of SQ's bulkhead) BR was better in every other way in my opinion. Our flight also had both Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame options... regular and rosé. Food, presentation, amenities and service were outstanding as well.

Anyways, thank goodness for *A awards as it was impossible to find anything on SQ to/from Europe at short notice.
I recently did BR CDG-TPE-BKK as SQ had no J awards at all, not even Advantage ones. Even better, I got my award via Lifemiles so could burn down some of my balance there.

I fully agree that BR J blew SQ J out of the water. I liked the seat (non TPP/QPP have a tough time scoring SQ J bulkhead these days) and food, wine / champagne and PJ / amenity kit were way better on BR. I did enjoy the Veuve Clicquot Le Grand Dame Rose 2006 very much as well as the German Riesling, food very good, especially out of CDG. Top marks also for the crew, very polished and just nice between caring and not overbearing. Full marks.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Wish I had a better answer, but after many many searches, I think it "depends" on the itinerary?
For example, NH shows up if it's a nonstop flight. But NH will not show up if connecting to certain SQ flights, in my experience.

I've had no problem booking SAS recently as well. UA is hit or miss, but I've seen it show up more often than not.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I found that pure other *A carrier flights do come up from time to time, but combinations of SQ (longhaul) with *A shorthaul or vv. are rarely showing - or I'm just very unlucky.

Annoying it is for sure, e.g. even if I have SIN-FRA or SIN-MUC available as SQ Saver, trying to add a domestic leg on LH by switching to *A search results in nada. Most of the time and for sure the SQ segment goes missing (maybe a full LH itinerary comes up of lucky). Not good at all
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by demue
I found that pure other *A carrier flights do come up from time to time, but combinations of SQ (longhaul) with *A shorthaul or vv. are rarely showing - or I'm just very unlucky.

Annoying it is for sure, e.g. even if I have SIN-FRA or SIN-MUC available as SQ Saver, trying to add a domestic leg on LH by switching to *A search results in nada. Most of the time and for sure the SQ segment goes missing (maybe a full LH itinerary comes up of lucky). Not good at all
Agree. Once during Covid (when few were traveling) I was able to book LH to SQ. But beyond this the only non-SQ leg + SQ I have seen is with JBU.

Generally, I feel PPS members are spoiled with good agents. However, while overall my last experience was fine, it wasn't as straightforward as I would have expected. I suspect it may be a new agent on the PPS team. I asked for LHR to SIN and the reply was that there was nothing. I said I see online Swiss through Zurich. No sir, I don't see anything. Finally, we were able to reach an understanding that I'm not looking for an SQ award. Oh yes, sir. I see availability on "LX". Yes, that is Swiss, this is what I am requesting. Would it really be that hard to put the agents through basic airline training? And also to proactively search *A?

​​​​​
Old Nov 26, 2022, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Agree. Once during Covid (when few were traveling) I was able to book LH to SQ. But beyond this the only non-SQ leg + SQ I have seen is with JBU.

Generally, I feel PPS members are spoiled with good agents. However, while overall my last experience was fine, it wasn't as straightforward as I would have expected. I suspect it may be a new agent on the PPS team. I asked for LHR to SIN and the reply was that there was nothing. I said I see online Swiss through Zurich. No sir, I don't see anything. Finally, we were able to reach an understanding that I'm not looking for an SQ award. Oh yes, sir. I see availability on "LX". Yes, that is Swiss, this is what I am requesting. Would it really be that hard to put the agents through basic airline training? And also to proactively search *A?

​​​​​
i recall somewhere NH only releases higher cabin award space closer to date? like 50 odd days before departure. But Economy award space on NH booked on SQ.com is readily available in general as long as inventory is open
Old Nov 26, 2022, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Wish I had a better answer, but after many many searches, I think it "depends" on the itinerary?
For example, NH shows up if it's a nonstop flight. But NH will not show up if connecting to certain SQ flights, in my experience.

I've had no problem booking SAS recently as well. UA is hit or miss, but I've seen it show up more often than not.
u can't mix SQ and NH in a single award search. it has to be SQ all the way (clearly no domestic SQ in japan), or NH all the way e.g. SIN-HND-CTS (all on NH metal)
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:09 pm

Well Japan may be special as well from another point of view, at least for folks trying to book Biz or dare I say F awards. Domestic Japan awards on NH only offer Eco as they they don't publish J or F even if they have something "similar" on some aircraft. Hence, with SQs inability to book mixed class awards even on their own metal using KF miles via SQ web site or app booking engine, this is definitely going to fail I would reckon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.