Wiki Posts
Search

Visiting the Jewel

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, KF
Visiting the Jewel

For those of you who have done it lately. I'm traveling on a mid-July flight JFK-FRA-SIN arriving around 6AM. My onward flight to DVO is at 12:45PM so I'm planning to go to the Jewel. My questions are:
  1. Is 3-4 hrs. enough time to spend at the Jewel?
  2. Are there any restrictions I should know about like required PCR/ART when I get back in to the predeparture area
  3. Will I be asked for proof Vax when I go through immigration from the Jewel?
Would appreciate any latest information since I thought I read somewhere that SIN will no longer require PCR/ART tests. I'm interested to hear any recent experience from those who've done it recently. Thank you.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:35 pm

You should've gotten your SIN-DVO boarding pass at JFK, failing which get it at the airside transit counter at SIN before exiting Changi airport. If so, no PDT or vaccination proof required when reentering Changi from Jewel.

3-4 hours is aplenty for roaming around Jewel but, considering your early hours of transit, many of the shops won't open so early.
lokijuh likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
Following as well as I will have a 14-hour layover in June and wanted to visit the Jewel.

Do I need the Singapore arrivals app or the tracing app as well to enter the Jewel and reenter the airport for my flight? Also, I have a hotel room booked in the Aerotel for the layover so I can shower and rest, will I be able to come and go from the hotel to Jewel freely or will each reentry require going through Immigration?

Is there anything that is a must-do or-see while in the Jewel besides the waterfall? Any really good restaurants that one shouldn't miss as well?

Thanks for the help and advice.
Old May 2, 2022, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Kevin Weldon
Do I need the Singapore arrivals app or the tracing app as well to enter the Jewel and reenter the airport for my flight? Also, I have a hotel room booked in the Aerotel for the layover so I can shower and rest, will I be able to come and go from the hotel to Jewel freely or will each reentry require going through Immigration?
You only need to complete the SG arrival card. Scanning of TraceTogether app for entry into malls (including Jewel) has ceased effective 26 April.

Aerotel is airside. You can exit your plane, check into Aerotel, then leave Aerotel for Jewel (landslide, have to clear immigration). After Jewel, when you reenter airside, you can still go back to Aerotel and rest before your connecting flight. But note you can never get back out to Jewel for a second time - Singapore has strict rules that those who enter the airside area have “intention to fly”, else it’s an arrestable offence.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Kevin Weldon
Also, I have a hotel room booked in the Aerotel for the layover so I can shower and rest
If you are going landside anyways, you could consider booking Yotelair instead which is literally inside Jewel. It will be cheaper and potentially more convenient.
Kevin Weldon and MSPeconomist like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
You only need to complete the SG arrival card. Scanning of TraceTogether app for entry into malls (including Jewel) has ceased effective 26 April.

Aerotel is airside. You can exit your plane, check into Aerotel, then leave Aerotel for Jewel (landslide, have to clear immigration). After Jewel, when you reenter airside, you can still go back to Aerotel and rest before your connecting flight. But note you can never get back out to Jewel for a second time - Singapore has strict rules that those who enter the airside area have “intention to fly”, else it’s an arrestable offence.
Thank you so much for this helpful info. I was wondering if there were any quirky limitations of going back and forth between the Jewel and my airside hotel. Really appreciate it!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
A question for Changi & SiA experts: We have a layover of 5h 30m in SIN, travelling SiA in Business Class in August (MUC-SIN-MEL).

We have never visited The Jewel, so a question for the experts: Do you think is worth to enter Singapore for visiting The Jewel and back airside? Or do you think it would be preferable to stay airside and head directly to the SilvreKris Lounge and just relax there and have a shower?

Your opinion would be much appreciated
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Wygun
A question for Changi & SiA experts: We have a layover of 5h 30m in SIN, travelling SiA in Business Class in August (MUC-SIN-MEL).

We have never visited The Jewel, so a question for the experts: Do you think is worth to enter Singapore for visiting The Jewel and back airside? Or do you think it would be preferable to stay airside and head directly to the SilvreKris Lounge and just relax there and have a shower?

Your opinion would be much appreciated
I would do it. Not necessarily because the Jewel is a must see, but because immigration in Singapore is so easy now (even easier than pre COVID now that the arrival card is filled out online before you travel). The SilverKris lounge left a lot to be desired when I visited last week even without any overcrowding. If I were you I'd grab a shower and leave my carry-on in the lounge (not sure if this is possible) and then walk around Jewel for a couple hours and maybe get a meal there. By the way Jewel stores are only really open 11am-10pm, so I wouldn't visit outside those hours.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:46 pm

5+ hours is a lot of time to kill, notwithstanding how nice a lounge is. Absolutely do it. Exiting airside is very easy, just fill your SG arrival card online, go through immigration, and very soon you'd walk to Jewel.

Even when the shops are closed, the rain vortex which is the main "attraction" will still be gushing.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by LeaderShip345
I would do it. Not necessarily because the Jewel is a must see, but because immigration in Singapore is so easy now (even easier than pre COVID now that the arrival card is filled out online before you travel). The SilverKris lounge left a lot to be desired when I visited last week even without any overcrowding. If I were you I'd grab a shower and leave my carry-on in the lounge (not sure if this is possible) and then walk around Jewel for a couple hours and maybe get a meal there. By the way Jewel stores are only really open 11am-10pm, so I wouldn't visit outside those hours.
Thanks so much for your useful response! I think we will do as you propose.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:06 am

5+ hours is a lot of time to kill, notwithstanding how nice a lounge is. Absolutely do it. Exiting airside is very easy, just fill your SG arrival card online, go through immigration, and very soon you'd walk to Jewel.

Even when the shops are closed, the rain vortex which is the main "attraction" will still be gushing.
Thank you very much, carrotjuice. I didn't know about this electronic arrival card, but certainly I think we will fill-it-up and access landside. One question: By filling this arrival card are you forced to enter into Singapore? I am worried finally for whatever reason our arriving flight is late and we preferred to remain airside, if we could face some issues for having requested this arrival card and not entering into landside.

Thanks agian for your time.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:19 am

Thank you very much, carrotjuice. I didn't know about this electronic arrival card, but certainly I think we will fill-it-up and access landside. One question: By filling this arrival card are you forced to enter into Singapore? I am worried finally for whatever reason our arriving flight is late and we preferred to remain airside, if we could face some issues for having requested this arrival card and not entering into landside.
That, I wouldn't know unfortunately. But you can always connect to Changi wifi and complete your e-arrival card once you decide to go landside. It can be completed anytime before you go through immigration.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:08 pm

That, I wouldn't know unfortunately. But you can always connect to Changi wifi and complete your e-arrival card once you decide to go landside. It can be completed anytime before you go through immigration.
Thank you, your help is very much appreciated.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:20 pm

One question: By filling this arrival card are you forced to enter into Singapore?
nope
from the arrival card FAQ:
"How do I withdraw the submitted SG Arrival Card if I decided to cancel my trip?"
"You do not need to withdraw/void the submission. You are required to submit a new SG Arrival Card if you plan for a new trip to Singapore."
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by LeaderShip345
Just wondering about the part in bold, as next week I have a 6am - 8pm stopover. Am I able to exit the plane, head to the lounge for shower/breakfast (and potentially leave my carry-on) before passing through immigration, heading somewhere on the MTR for an outdoor run (bonus question: any suggestions? East Coast Park, Pasir Ris, Changi Beach?) and head back to the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.