Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delays

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Delays

Anyone notice howSQ flights to Europe currentlysuffer long delays. Example attached. Rerouting toavoid Ukraine airspace is certainly part of the explanation . Anything else going on?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:39 am

Could also be that because there are less routing choices now, and more competition for them, that they only managed to get the less optimal routes (read: longer detours).
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Departing late doesn't help.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidj1
Departing late doesn't help.
Indeed taking off an hour late cannot be blamed on the Ukraine situation
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:58 pm

This is indeed interesting and something that I've been asking in the 5 SQ flights to / from Europe over past 6 months. Each time the flight departed on time (early, even on some occasions) but was delayed about an hour upon arrival. Yet there was no announcement onboard that the flight was (expected to be) delayed, I normally found out only upon arrival. If this is to avoid Ukrainean / Russian / Belarusian airspace, wouldn't the delay be "planned" hence passengers should be kept informed about the flight being retimed, as opposed to unforseen delay?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They won't change the block times for the flights that they are scheduled with in the current schedule. The detours are still considered temporary and as such no action will likely happen.

However, I'd expect the Captain or FO to update passengers about longer flight times due to avoiding certain airspace when they make their initial welcome announcement. YMMV.
Cryofern likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.