JFK Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:31 pm
m.y
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
JFK Lounge

Hi all,

I'll be flying J on SQ23 in a few weeks and I'm wondering what lounge I can access.

On *A lounge finder it shows access to Virgin Clubhouse for J passenger, but from looking at older posts here, only F passengers are allowed access. Virgin Clubhouse page also does not show access for J passenger. J passenger were directed to Swiss lounge, but given that Swiss has moved to T1 and the Swiss lounge is closed, anyone know if SQ has made another arrangement for J passengers?

I do have Amex Plat so I'll visit the centurion lounge but it does close at 9pm and the flight leaves at 10:30pm.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by m.y
Hi all,

I'll be flying J on SQ23 in a few weeks and I'm wondering what lounge I can access.

On *A lounge finder it shows access to Virgin Clubhouse for J passenger, but from looking at older posts here, only F passengers are allowed access. Virgin Clubhouse page also does not show access for J passenger. J passenger were directed to Swiss lounge, but given that Swiss has moved to T1 and the Swiss lounge is closed, anyone know if SQ has made another arrangement for J passengers?

I do have Amex Plat so I'll visit the centurion lounge but it does close at 9pm and the flight leaves at 10:30pm.
J passengers get sent to the clubhouse now (and if you have the Amex Plat you also have access to the clubhouse anyway)
17cc and kevin111260 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by truncated
J passengers get sent to the clubhouse now (and if you have the Amex Plat you also have access to the clubhouse anyway)
Did the Swiss Lounge close down for COVID or has it permanently closed. I have a flight out of JFK in J next February and I’d love to visit the clubhouse though i expect by then we should be back to more regular operations and more lounges open.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:24 pm
m.y
Original Poster

Originally Posted by truncated
Thank you! Looks like this was a recent addition.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/virgin...amex-platinum/

It's also helpful for those without Amex Plat knowing that clubhouse is available.
kevin111260 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:25 pm
m.y
Original Poster

Originally Posted by setho212
Did the Swiss Lounge close down for COVID or has it permanently closed. I have a flight out of JFK in J next February and I’d love to visit the clubhouse though i expect by then we should be back to more regular operations and more lounges open.
The Swiss lounge did reopen after COVID, I visited last July where there were only packaged snacks and pop. But the lounge is now permanently closed since Swiss is no longer in T4 and passengers in T1 are directed to LH lounges.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by m.y
The Swiss lounge did reopen after COVID, I visited last July where there were only packaged snacks and pop. But the lounge is now permanently closed since Swiss is no longer in T4 and passengers in T1 are directed to LH lounges.
Does this mean the Virgin Clubhouse is going to be the lounge for those traveling in J for the foreseeable future? If I recall correctly wasn't the El Al lounge used by J passengers for a while?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by setho212
Does this mean the Virgin Clubhouse is going to be the lounge for those traveling in J for the foreseeable future? If I recall correctly wasn't the El Al lounge used by J passengers for a while?
No one can predict what SQ will do haha (and if they want to start sending J pax to the AI lounge then it is what it is). FWIW I was in the clubhouse Friday evening flying VS and it was fairly full with both the SQ and VS pax so not sure how things will look once the A380 returns on JFK-FRA-SIN and if VS/DL add more LHR frequencies as well.

Also that’s correct re the LY lounge — in the months pre-covid SQ sent J pax there when LX was under renovation, but looking at the El Al website it seems like their lounge is also closed for good and they’re sending passengers to VS aka Plaza Premium as well: https://www.elal.com/en/PassengersIn...L-Lounges.aspX, so thankfully it’s no longer an option

And another wild card of course is if DL/T4 decide to boot SQ to T1 like what they did with OZ and LX…
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Out of curiosity does anyone know where SQ is sending *G pax at JFK at the present time.?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:46 pm
m.y
Original Poster

I am sitting in Virgin Atlantic clubhouse right now, confirming that SQ indeed is sending J passengers there. It's great news as the Centurion at this hour is not serving hot food.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:55 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flying JFK-FRA in F next month. Is the clubhouse the lounge also offered to F pax?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Out of curiosity does anyone know where SQ is sending *G pax at JFK at the present time.?
also wondering about this (*G Y pax)
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by S.R
Flying JFK-FRA in F next month. Is the clubhouse the lounge also offered to F pax?
Yes. I'm doing the same, and was planning to visit the Amex lounge first. Do try the hidden bar/speakeasy if you get the chance.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:36 am

For J class on SQ with no status/credit card programs, are we still looking at Virgin’s club?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BigMouthStrikesAgain
For J class on SQ with no status/credit card programs, are we still looking at Virgin’s club?
Yes. Wasn’t too crowded for the direct flight, though the nonstop leaves later.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by deltatrav
also wondering about this (*G Y pax)
Just following up to see what intel anyone may have for *G in Y on SQ now that the LX lounge has closed. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.