Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by deltatrav
Just following up to see what intel anyone may have for *G in Y on SQ now that the LX lounge has closed. Thanks.
The Virgin Clubhouse and The Lounge are both showing on the Star Alliance lounge page as contract lounges - the lounge access policy reads as follows:

At airports where neither a Star Alliance branded lounge nor a Star Alliance member carrier offers a lounge, third party lounges are contracted by some of our member airlines. As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling on a Star Alliance member airlines operated flight from such airports, you may have access to these third party contract lounges. Please refer to the Lounge Finder to identify which lounges you may have access to, according to the policy of each airline*.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by deltatrav
Just following up to see what intel anyone may have for *G in Y on SQ now that the LX lounge has closed. Thanks.
I was on this flight 2 weeks ago and can confirm that as a Star Gold in Economy I was given an invitation to the Virgin Clubhouse. Very, very nice lounge by the way. Infinitely superior to the old Swiss lounge.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:11 am

Access to lounge on arrival

I’m flying sq 26 in F in a few weeks from FRA-JFK.

Will I be able to access the clubhouse on arrival?

I have an onward ticket on delta later in the day and was going that I could wait in the clubhouse before that.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:27 pm

That's terrific - so even a TK *Gold would get Virgin Clubhouse + guest?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I’m flying sq 26 in F in a few weeks from FRA-JFK.

Will I be able to access the clubhouse on arrival?

I have an onward ticket on delta later in the day and was going that I could wait in the clubhouse before that.
Nope, lounge access is for departure points on SQ flights.

Do you have an Amex Platinum? There's a Centurion lounge and Delta SkyClub which the Platinum card will give you access to.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:09 pm

Access to the Delta SkyClub is only allowed when travelling on DL flights with a Amex Platinum card.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Access to the Delta SkyClub is only allowed when travelling on DL flights with a Amex Platinum card.
That's why I'm asking if he has a Platinum card. He already said "I have an onward ticket on delta later in the day."
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:22 pm

My bad didn't see that.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:33 am

Any update to this? I noticed in another thread that J passengers now only have access to Wingtips? Is Virgin Clubhouse no longer an option? Flying JFK->FRA next month in J with a 6 hour layover.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by admaddox1
Any update to this? I noticed in another thread that J passengers now only have access to Wingtips? Is Virgin Clubhouse no longer an option? Flying JFK->FRA next month in J with a 6 hour layover.
Yes that is correct. However, the VS lounge is still accessible with amex plat should you have one.
admaddox1 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by RayG
Yes that is correct. However, the VS lounge is still accessible with amex plat should you have one.
Thank you. Unfortunately, I only have the gold card.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by admaddox1
SQ returned to pre-Covid arrangements...only Suites pax and TPPS get access to the Virgin Clubhouse. J pax go to Wingtips.
admaddox1 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Just fyi, the Wingtips lounge newly re-opend in the space formerly occupied by the just refurbished LX lounge, when LX moved to JFK T1 earlier this year. And unlike the AI lounge, where SQ sends its *Gold pax travelling in PEY or Y, also boasts a shower.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:21 pm

4 of us are traveling JFK-SIN in Dec. and 2 are in business and 2 in PE. I have sen conflicting information if Wingtips lounge lets in priority pass around the SIN flight? That way all 4 of us could be in the same lounge. I guess the 2 business people also have access to the air india lounge plus it is a priority pass lounge too but that lounge looks like it has minimal amenities.

What are people in PE doing for lounges at JFK now?

Last edited by mileshound; Sep 19, 2022 at 2:31 pm
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
It does appear that PP access to Wingtips stops at 4pm. The PP website states this and one of the known travel blog sites as well. As the lounge only recently reopened I would assume this info is up to date. Thus, for free lounge access that would leave the Air India lounge as your only choice for the 4 of you unless the PE pax have credit card access to one of the other lounges and can guest you in. The Wingtips website indicates that paid access is available if that's of interest:
https://wingtipslounge.com/JFK/index...le-visit-pass/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.