777W vs. A388 First Suites

Old May 6, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by sl00001
Not similar as the J cubby holes - the F ones are open just like the J bulkheads .....so you can sleep "straight" or with your legs spread open
Not entirely true. SQ's seat pitch in First Class is about 20cm less than other airlines. If you don't want to sleep diagonal, you have to be rather short.
Old May 6, 2022, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Not really a fan of 77W F as many of the seats started to sag with age, meaning they droop below flat around the hip position and stick up around the calf. There is a solution to it (put a cushion or pillow at the front of the seat cushion before flipping the seat back onto the seat cushion), but overall I'd say the A380 is a superior experience.

2F has the best alignment for those keen to have a nice window seat.
Coathanger and sl00001 like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SMK77
Not entirely true. SQ's seat pitch in First Class is about 20cm less than other airlines. If you don't want to sleep diagonal, you have to be rather short.
I am 174cm,,,,,not sure if you consider that short - the point was that there is no cubby hole and not the seat pitch
Old May 7, 2022, 12:12 am

I don't think so, almost the same as other airlines' First Class. Only their Business Class you need to sleep diagonal.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Didn't know this before I selected, but I'm in 2F for JFK-FRA-SIN at Christmas time. Looks great.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:13 am

Row 3 is exactly the same with regards to the window and seat placement

Last edited by DiamondMile; May 8, 2022 at 2:20 am
Old May 8, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: Accor Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SQ TPPS
Stefan here has stratospheric standards folks, don't forget! I'm 1.9m and can just about place my feet flat on the footwell when lying flat in the SQ 777 F seat - of course an individual's mileage may vary depending on how much space is left between the pillow and the back of the seat etc...
Old May 8, 2022, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by tth_ben
Stefan here has stratospheric standards folks, don't forget! I'm 1.9m and can just about place my feet flat on the footwell when lying flat in the SQ 777 F seat - of course an individual's mileage may vary depending on how much space is left between the pillow and the back of the seat etc...
Yikes, that's a bit on the short side for modern F says the 1.92m man. Luckily SIN-NRT isn't all that long.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:57 pm

How does 2F differ from 2A?
Old May 8, 2022, 9:46 pm

Also are the suites actually different sizes? Some reviews say 1x are largest followed by 2x and 3x being smallest. Others say they are all about 50 sq ft…
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Deleted

Last edited by kcdude; Jun 23, 2022 at 8:56 pm
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by pesos
Also are the suites actually different sizes? Some reviews say 1x are largest followed by 2x and 3x being smallest. Others say they are all about 50 sq ft…
Yes, that's correct.

First row: 54 sft
Second row: 43 sft
Third row: 35 sft

Only in the first row (1A and 1F) do you have different comfortable seating positions while the other suites have very limited options.

Tip hat off to: Milelion
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Plat
Suites are a bit preposterous, takeoff and dining position of armchair points you inwards towards your neighbour across the aisle, sleeping athwart (sideways) comes at a slight angle because a380s don’t fly ‘flat’ (noseUp by a few deg.)

yes it’s nice to hv the space which you can’t occupy all at once, and moving around (controlling seat, both tv screens) via tablet isn’t such an ergonomic success, so there are ppl who prefer the intimacy the immediacy and exclusivity of the single-row 777 F. We are on it in Sep - took the choice of either Suites or F and decided on the latter. Each to thr own ofc…
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:09 am

77W First is beautified Business Class seat and product. The seat pitch is significantly shorter than any other competitor offering 1-2-1 F products. The 77X F product will be a new league but this is still years away.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
Yes, that's correct.

First row: 54 sft
Second row: 43 sft
Third row: 35 sft

Only in the first row (1A and 1F) do you have different comfortable seating positions while the other suites have very limited options.

Tip hat off to: Milelion
Slightly off-topic ...

With row 1 seemingly the better choice, I selected it for a round trip I am taking in a week. Purchased the tickets about two months ago when the cabin was empty, and now both sectors are fully booked.

What is the protocol if there is a couple traveling together in 2A/3A, for instance, but hoping to have the double suite? Will the FAs try to have me move to a different row if other passengers ask? I would not be willing to move, and this would be awkward or confrontational. I know it might be a slight possibility only, but wondering how SQ deals with these potential situations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.