Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Changing redemption booking - miles used expired

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody

OK, can't seem to see a thread covering my issue, so would appreciate any help.

I have 3 related bookings; SIN - DPS, DPS - HKT (Via SIN) & HKT - SIN, booked for May. I want to change these to January '23, still SIN - DPS, but then DPS - BKK (Via Sin) & BKK - SIN.

I can't cancel and re-book online as when I go to cancel I'm told my miles have expired and will not be credited back. I thought Singapore had extended mile validity ?

Will this be the same issue if I ever connect with a redemption agent (rarer than rocking horse poo) ?

Any insight, greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:39 pm

You can do changes by calling.

But you can’t cancel. Once cancelled, miles will be gone immediately.

miles extension does not apply to miles that have been used to book award.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
In another forum, someone said that you have to manually call the contact centre to cancel and as for point reinstatement/extension as it doesn't re-instate automatically. I suggest you give them a call.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Thanks Everyone, managed to communicate with someone 'capable' at Singapore, and they were GREAT. One of my reservations had a DAY change and as such they acknowledged the impact on the other reservations, allowed me to cancel all 3, and as a courtesy re-deposited my miles with a new expiration date, allowing me to re-book for January 2023.

FYI : Sumaiyah at [email protected] was FANTASTIC at solving my issue and this email address was the only one that resulted in a timely response from a capable agent.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
Thanks Everyone, managed to communicate with someone 'capable' at Singapore, and they were GREAT. One of my reservations had a DAY change and as such they acknowledged the impact on the other reservations, allowed me to cancel all 3, and as a courtesy re-deposited my miles with a new expiration date, allowing me to re-book for January 2023.

FYI : Sumaiyah at [email protected] was FANTASTIC at solving my issue and this email address was the only one that resulted in a timely response from a capable agent.
Was this a one-time courtesy Due to the schedule change?

i wanna cancel my JFK FRA. Booking but I’m afraid to lose the miles
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coltonatx
Was this a one-time courtesy Due to the schedule change?

i wanna cancel my JFK FRA. Booking but I’m afraid to lose the miles
Yes, they stated it was a one time courtesy, which I would not have received had there not been a day change on one of my reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.