Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sq51 iah-man-sin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Sq51 iah-man-sin

Do you have to disembark the plane at the Manchester stopover?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:44 pm

Understand everyone has to deplane and reboard at MAN. Aside from that, has anyone taken this route and can describe the business class transfer experience?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Understand everyone has to deplane and reboard at MAN. Aside from that, has anyone taken this route and can describe the business class transfer experience?
Took this flight and the return February 2020. The experience at MAN was dreadful. All passengers have to undergo security screening and there’s no priority for business passengers. There is a special transit security, however. Security screening at MAN is the most obnoxious I have ever experienced. Slow. Cramped. Overly nit picky. And the lounge? Forget about it. It was so full of people there was nowhere to sit.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:03 am

Yes the BA forum in FT has obnoxious stories of how MAN security folks are pedantic jobsworths who don't care about passengers...

Were you sent to the 1903 lounge back then? It looks refurbished and pretty nice: https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...s/1903-lounge/
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Yes the BA forum in FT has obnoxious stories of how MAN security folks are pedantic jobsworths who don't care about passengers...

Were you sent to the 1903 lounge back then? It looks refurbished and pretty nice: https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...s/1903-lounge/
At the time it was the Escape lounge.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:17 pm

Flew this recently and yes, they make everyone get off the plane. My stop was MAN so can't say what the actual transfer experience is like.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Was looking at booking SQ52 MAN to IAH on 1/1/23, and it seems to mysteriously fall off the schedule during the holidays (weeks of Xmas/nye) and back on the schedule after ~Jan 15. It’s still showing on a few OTAs but when you click through it disappears.

Is this an annual occurrence of has any heard anything about the gap?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by r_tsunami
Was looking at booking SQ52 MAN to IAH on 1/1/23, and it seems to mysteriously fall off the schedule during the holidays (weeks of Xmas/nye) and back on the schedule after ~Jan 15. It’s still showing on a few OTAs but when you click through it disappears.

Is this an annual occurrence of has any heard anything about the gap?
just a temporary issue as SQ should be doing some scheduling adjustment etc. can’t book for the entire Nov/dec.

this happen to other destination such as Jakarta, BKK etc recently as well.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
just a temporary issue as SQ should be doing some scheduling adjustment etc. can’t book for the entire Nov/dec.

this happen to other destination such as Jakarta, BKK etc recently as well.
I have HOU-MAN booked in November and check on the flights periodically. Just noticed all of the inventory for November through mid January has been pulled and had a momentary freak out.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:24 pm

I am booked on SQ51 on a Sunday in June next year from Manchester to Singapore. According to the flight schedule the Sunday flight is still operating but when I looked to see what the cost was now it doesn’t exist and you can’t book it. Should I be worried? I haven’t been told that my booking isn’t valid anymore but if I need to change my holiday I’d rather do it sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Juliet68; Aug 29, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:23 am

Singapore Airlines on Twitter have said it may be because there are not seats left - every Sunday I have checked cannot be booked and the same flight on different days of the week can be which makes me think it’s not that there are no seats left!
I’ve even rung Trailfinders and they can’t book it either.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Yes, expert flyer is showing it as zeroed out on Sundays in June, and the corresponding SIN, MAN and IAH departures on Saturdays. Other days of the week unchanged. Could be several explanations for the Sat/Sun service, with any of the following imminent changes:
1) Minor schedule change
2) Cancellation
3) Aircraft change (for example upgauge to 77W, although this is quite unlikely).

I think it will be resolved in the next week or two, which probably wont' make a lot of difference given that it is still 9 months away.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:49 am

Thank you so much for checking. It wouldn’t surprise me if they cancelled it as they have already put back when the Sunday flight was due to start which was end of October.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:04 pm

Does anyone know from recent experience if SQ business class passengers are sent to the Escape lounge, or the 1903 lounge? There's been some report that 1903 is now "exclusively" used for Priority Pass passengers... hence wondering if I need to bring along my PP card in my coming trip.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:58 am

The Singapore airlines website is saying 1903 for business class passengers and PPS members and Escape for Krisflyer Gold members.

And you can book 1903 on the airport website so I’d be surprised if it is Priority Pass only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.