Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Time taken to transfer points to KF 2021-2

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 16, 22, 1:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 12, 21, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

Transferred initiated from Chase account at 3:20 pm EST on 1/10. Points (including bonus) posted to Krisflyer account by 11:30 pm EST on 1/11.
Old Jan 12, 21, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
I will try to set the thread record.

Transferred some orphaned Hilton Honors points on December 8, 2020. It's now January 12, 2021 and no points received yet. Dont really need the points for redemption anymore, now it's just kind of amusing to watch the glacial speed of this transfer.
Old Jan 14, 21, 12:06 pm

Initiated Citi transfer yesterday afternoon, by evening they were in my account. In past transfers Citi always was quicker than Chase or Amex.
Old Jan 14, 21, 1:43 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Initiated transfers Saturday evening. Amex points showed up about 24 hours later, Chase points about 4 days later.
Old Jan 15, 21, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by snic View Post
Initiated transfers Saturday evening. Amex points showed up about 24 hours later, Chase points about 4 days later.
Did the bonus points show up too?
Old Jan 15, 21, 11:05 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by diverg View Post
Did the bonus points show up too?
Yes, the bonus posted at the same time as the transfer.

By the way, my KrisFlyer account page lists the transfer date as the date that I initiated the transfer (but the bonus date as the date the transfer was completed). So that suggests that KF will award the bonus if you initiate the transfer by the deadline, even if the transfer doesn't complete until after the deadline, because it "knows" when you initiated the transfer. (But don't blame me if I'm wrong!)

Last edited by snic; Jan 15, 21 at 11:10 am
Old Jan 31, 21, 12:56 am

Initiated transfer from Chase on Thursday Jan 28th and they showed up on Saturday Jan 31st. It was my 3rd transfer with them. That's significantly quicker than it was a few months ago, though still frustrating that it's the only Chase airline partner that isn't instantaneous.
Old Apr 17, 21, 1:25 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, OZ Asiana Club, CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Can I check if anyone has recently transferred IHG Rewards Points to SQ KF miles? If so, can I check what is the processing time like? I have transferred some IHG Rewards points on 8 April 2021 and was wondering how long it will take to credit my KF account. Thanks!
Old May 11, 21, 11:36 pm

Data Point:
DBS Singapore, submit on 10 May after, credit on 12 May mornight
Old Jun 25, 21, 12:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Are there any recent reports of slowdowns with points transfers to KrisFlyer? I transferred points from Citi to KrisFlyer on June 20th, but nothing showing up yet. I called SQ and they told me to wait 15 days. I made the same transfers about two weeks ago, and both of my transfers were cleared in less than 48 hours.
Old Jun 28, 21, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
I did a mass transfer of points to Krisflyer as below, in the order listed:

3000 Krisflyer from Hilton
9000 Krisflyer from Hilton
20000 (+5000 bonus) from Marriott
6000 Krisflyer from Hilton
2000 Krisflyer from Citibank

All were done within a ten day window (the three Hiltons were due to them posting at different times, and also due to a rewards booking I cancelled so suddenly had more points to transfer).

Annoyingly all transferred within two days except the second one (9000 Krisflyer from Hilton) and the call centre and I are going round in circles trying to work out where it is. The later transfers were a week later and came through and I am still missing the second one.

Any ideas how to escalate / resolve? Hilton have said all three left in the same way so they cant explain why the first and third credited but not the middle one.
Old Jun 28, 21, 9:04 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, OZ Asiana Club, CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by HarryKUK View Post
I did a mass transfer of points to Krisflyer as below, in the order listed:

3000 Krisflyer from Hilton
9000 Krisflyer from Hilton
20000 (+5000 bonus) from Marriott
6000 Krisflyer from Hilton
2000 Krisflyer from Citibank

All were done within a ten day window (the three Hiltons were due to them posting at different times, and also due to a rewards booking I cancelled so suddenly had more points to transfer).

Annoyingly all transferred within two days except the second one (9000 Krisflyer from Hilton) and the call centre and I are going round in circles trying to work out where it is. The later transfers were a week later and came through and I am still missing the second one.

Any ideas how to escalate / resolve? Hilton have said all three left in the same way so they cant explain why the first and third credited but not the middle one.
I have recent experiences with Hilton as well. I have transferred 500 miles and 2000 miles on the same day to KF. The 2K miles were posted within 2 days and the 500 miles didn't appear after weeks. I emailed to generic Hilton email box and they informed me that I have to wait for at least a month before they investigate.

After waiting for more than 3 weeks, I went to resend the email to the Asia Pacific Email Box ([email protected]) and they were pretty responsive to check and the miles were in the SQ KF account within 48 hours later. I have included my SQ statement to Hilton for them to view that the miles were not credited to the account. Maybe you would like to give this a try.
Old Jul 3, 21, 1:12 am

Made my first transfers to KF recently, first from US Amex and then from Chase. Was surprisingly speedy: Amex took a little over 24 hours (Wednesday afternoon to Thursday evening PDT), and Chase took around 48 hours (Wednesday evening to Friday evening PDT). Was concerned because my KF account had apparently gone dormant (although I could login to my KF account and nothing seemed to be amiss), but there were no issues.

Last edited by KE81; Jul 3, 21 at 1:24 am
Old Aug 3, 21, 12:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
Datapoint:
Chase took under 24 hrs for me. I initiated transfer on a Singapore Monday evening time, points showed up Tuesday afternoon.
DBS points took ~24 hrs, initiated Singapore Monday evening, showed up Tuesday evening.

Last edited by solewalker; Aug 3, 21 at 6:24 am
Old Aug 29, 21, 2:14 pm

Slightly OT but has anyone else recently experienced issues converting HSBC HK Reward Cash to KF miles? Last did it online successfully in December 2020 but now keep getting an error.

Search this Thread