Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Time taken to transfer points to KF 2021-2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Discussion from 2012 - 2020: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1354995-time-taken-transfer-points-kf-2012-2020-a.html
Print Wikipost

Time taken to transfer points to KF 2021-2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AC
Can anyone confirm whether Amex MR to KF transfer has to match name? Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2022, 10:08 pm

Just another data point for transfer from Chase on 11/28: 81K points transferred took a little over 72 hours.

Singapore did not allow any hold, to confirm what others have discussed before.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: Kettle Class
~36 hours this week to complete a transfer initiated from Citibank (US) ThankYou Rewards to Krisflyer miles.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Chase somewhere between 48 and 56 hours

Also, award holds are possible though it seems to be up to the discretion of the agent. Maybe one ticket is ok but not more.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by mas vino
I had the same experience as lax01. Transferred 120k points from Amex - immediately available, but I did have to log out/log on.
Just another data point..... I transferred 1k points from both Amex and Chase today.... inaugural transfer in both cases.... Amex posted almost instantaneously, will monitor Chase. I've read here on FT that your very first transfer from both Amex and Chase may take some add'l time... doesn't seem to be the case with Amex though.... after the initial Chase transfer posts.... I'll try another to see if it transfers more quickly on subsequent transfers.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Brostman
Just another data point..... I transferred 1k points from both Amex and Chase today.... inaugural transfer in both cases.... Amex posted almost instantaneously, will monitor Chase. I've read here on FT that your very first transfer from both Amex and Chase may take some add'l time... doesn't seem to be the case with Amex though.... after the initial Chase transfer posts.... I'll try another to see if it transfers more quickly on subsequent transfers.
Follow up: Chase transfer posted within 24 hrs. This is what Chase indicated in an email when I initiated the transfer: "Most point transfer requests process instantly. Marriott Bonvoy® point transfers usually process by next business day. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers usually process within 2 business days. • In some instances, it may take up to 7 business days for your point transfer to post." Just another data point for everyone.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:41 pm
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
There seems to be issues transferring AMEX points to KF currently - this was confirmed by an AMEX representative on the app chat. No timeframe when it will be fixed…. Unfortunate as I was needing the points to grab an award ticket.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:26 pm
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
That was quick - it looks like the issue has been resolved and AMEX KrisFlyer transfers are working again!
Old Feb 16, 2023, 10:19 am

Just did Amex and it was near instant. (15 mins?)
Capital One took about 8 hours.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
data point

Amex HK rewards points to Krisflyer transfer. Done in Jan and Feb 23 (initiate transfer in morning) and both times took exactly about 24hours to show up. One was weekday and other was weekend so it seems like a daily refresh happening at SQ end where miles appear about 9am Sing time
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by hardworking21
Oh wow - I did a 90k point transfer from Cap One earlier this week and it was done instantaneously.
CapOne midday on a Friday ET, instant.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:59 pm

Did 100K transfer from Chase to KF.
Requested on Saturday afternoon.
Points arrived on next Monday evening.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:15 pm

Started a 446k transfer from UR to Krisflyer last night at around 11:30PM EST time. First transfer with a newly created Krisflyer account.

Nervous about saver availability going away and catching 446k miles on fire (or forcing me to transfer a bunch more miles), but will keep everyone updated on timings.
Old May 27, 2023, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by sirky
Started a 446k transfer from UR to Krisflyer last night at around 11:30PM EST time. First transfer with a newly created Krisflyer account.

Nervous about saver availability going away and catching 446k miles on fire (or forcing me to transfer a bunch more miles), but will keep everyone updated on timings.
Got a "Thanks for making your first transaction with Krisflyer" email just now at 10:40PM Eastern time, Saturday night, which is 10:40AM Singapore time, Sunday.

Miles were not there when I went to Singapore website, but logging out and logging in as others have mentioned and they showed up.

So it was between 47 and 48 hours for the transfer to happen. My reward was still available and my family of 4 is booked onto SIN-JFK nonstop next spring.

Thanks all!
Old May 29, 2023, 12:15 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!

Got a "Thanks for making your first transaction with Krisflyer" email just now at 10:40PM Eastern time, Saturday night, which is 10:40AM Singapore time, Sunday.

Miles were not there when I went to Singapore website, but logging out and logging in as others have mentioned and they showed up.

So it was between 47 and 48 hours for the transfer to happen. My reward was still available and my family of 4 is booked onto SIN-JFK nonstop next spring.

Thanks all!
Recent UR to KF transfer initiated on a Sunday afternoon (NY time) took about 56 hours to complete. The award seats I wanted for next spring were still available and easily booked while I was in the air on a SQ flight in J using the free wifi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.