Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Time taken to transfer points to KF 2021-2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Discussion from 2012 - 2020: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1354995-time-taken-transfer-points-kf-2012-2020-a.html
Print Wikipost

Time taken to transfer points to KF 2021-2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
Yes, is a friend's account. They got the KF account 2 weeks ago and this was the 1st transfer/account activity.

ty for sharing ! Still waiting on mines. It’s been 4 days .. hope I’ll get them soon 😭😭
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond
My Chase UR took 48 hrs.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Zeeww
My Chase UR took 48 hrs.
is it your first time transferring ?

Today is 5th day and still no points . I’ve even contacted chase UR who said my order is still pending but they did everything on their end and how it’s up to Singapore airlines now to complete the transfer 😭😭😭
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:12 pm

yes it was my first time

Originally Posted by Busycats
is it your first time transferring ?

Today is 5th day and still no points . I’ve even contacted chase UR who said my order is still pending but they did everything on their end and how it’s up to Singapore airlines now to complete the transfer 😭😭😭
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Zeeww
yes it was my first time
wow , that’s fast ! May I ask how much points it was ?

today is 6th day for me .. still nothing. I’ve contacted Singapore air and they basically told me just wait — it can take up to 15 days. 😭😭my flight is in October so I’m very worried.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:34 am

10k. I transferred to top up my balance to redeem some flights.

wow , that’s fast ! May I ask how much points it was ?

today is 6th day for me .. still nothing. I’ve contacted Singapore air and they basically told me just wait — it can take up to 15 days. 😭😭my flight is in October so I’m very worried.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Problem is, agents are now declining to hold even when there's none on hold presently. This isn't a judgement call, in fact I'd be worried for these poorly trained people in Philippines and India to be given judgement calls - you'd end up with inconsistency everywhere that creates greater customer angst.

There should be clear rule that allows a certain maximum number of holds for any member with clearly defined maximum durations - but not an outright no.
maybe SQ management feel that flat out "no" is easier to enforce than "judgment call", which i do agree, but of course as a genuine passenger, i would be a bit miffed if I cannot hold my booking for say 3 days to wait for points to come in.

Then again, brings us back to the original topic - if you already intend to travel, you should already standby to have your points transferred and ready in your account? Unless for some reason you are making a super last minute and spontaneous trip.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:21 am

8th day for me … still no points from my Chase UR transfer . No email from chase regarding order complete as welll. Any advice on whether I should cancel the order because that’s one thing chase recommended and retry or if there’s anything I can do to escalate ?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:27 pm

8th day for me … still no points from my Chase UR transfer . No email from chase regarding order complete as welll. Any advice on whether I should cancel the order because that’s one thing chase recommended and retry or if there’s anything I can do to escalate ?
When you check your rewards activity on your chase portal does it say something along the lines of "your transfer to Singapore/krisflyer are pending" or does it say "Points redeemed: Points transfer" ? If it says your points are pending then that means that it is on chase's end if it says points redeemed then that means that chase has completed the process on their end and it is up to Singapore to accept the points. I am surprised chase is even giving you the option to cancel because I was told the moment I put in the request they couldn't do anything.

Some context, I transferred 360,000 points on the 15th and another 9,000 points on the 18th of August and the points did not land into my singapore account until August 24th. So in total from my first transfer it took about 9 days total. This was the first time I had ever done a transfer with Singapore as well.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by bent
maybe SQ management feel that flat out "no" is easier to enforce than "judgment call", which i do agree, but of course as a genuine passenger, i would be a bit miffed if I cannot hold my booking for say 3 days to wait for points to come in.

Then again, brings us back to the original topic - if you already intend to travel, you should already standby to have your points transferred and ready in your account? Unless for some reason you are making a super last minute and spontaneous trip.
I think a lot of people would be okay with no holds at all if point transfers between certain banks and Singapore were more timely, *cough* Chase *cough*. It would be a lot more plausible to plan trips if the systems are seamless like we can see for AMEX where a lot of folks are reporting instant. Another big issue is if you transfer and it takes forever and your flights go away it is impossible to get the points back to your bank so people are essentially stuck with points being with an airline that could possibly not have any flights to the destination of your choice. Flexibility is of course key, but for some folks unfortunately it may not be possible and the flight they are looking at is the only option.

It doesn't help that CS at Singapore Airlines right now is atrocious, it shouldn't be the case where you can talk to 5 different people at the same company and get 5 totally different answers each time.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:43 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I just checked and it still says pending on chase.
I called them again and they said give them 7 business days , then they can escalate the issue . So another 2 days.. I’ve even contacted Singapore air via site ticket to see what’s up . I’m not sure if it’s because I made my account yearsss ago , before the pandemic… and this is my first activity now. But I’ve asked the redemption agents on Singapore’s side and they said it’s fine and everything will be fine. The flights I intend on booking is in October. This is for booking the flight back home so I’m kind freaking out! 😭😭

the amount I’m transferring is about 290k miles. I don’t want it to get there too late and I lose my flights and the points is stuck also . That’s what happened with my flights when it was canceled with United during the start of the pandemic ., but at least those points don’t expire…

Originally Posted by WannaTravel92
When you check your rewards activity on your chase portal does it say something along the lines of "your transfer to Singapore/krisflyer are pending" or does it say "Points redeemed: Points transfer" ? If it says your points are pending then that means that it is on chase's end if it says points redeemed then that means that chase has completed the process on their end and it is up to Singapore to accept the points. I am surprised chase is even giving you the option to cancel because I was told the moment I put in the request they couldn't do anything.

Some context, I transferred 360,000 points on the 15th and another 9,000 points on the 18th of August and the points did not land into my singapore account until August 24th. So in total from my first transfer it took about 9 days total. This was the first time I had ever done a transfer with Singapore as well.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 3:33 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I just checked and it still says pending on chase.
I called them again and they said give them 7 business days , then they can escalate the issue . So another 2 days.. I’ve even contacted Singapore air via site ticket to see what’s up . I’m not sure if it’s because I made my account yearsss ago , before the pandemic… and this is my first activity now. But I’ve asked the redemption agents on Singapore’s side and they said it’s fine and everything will be fine. The flights I intend on booking is in October. This is for booking the flight back home so I’m kind freaking out! 😭😭

the amount I’m transferring is about 290k miles. I don’t want it to get there too late and I lose my flights and the points is stuck also . That’s what happened with my flights when it was canceled with United during the start of the pandemic ., but at least those points don’t expire…
Any updates on your points? Hopefully they have arrived in your account by now.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:49 pm

Hi!

Yes it finally transferred after 8 days after the fact that I escalated the claim on chase on the 7th day. Singapore also emailed me back on the 7th day to verify some info on my account then I replied with the answers and days later they just deposited it without saying anything.

I can finally proceed with planning . Thank you for your help!
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Plat
Timeline of my transfers
Day 0: Started transfer 1
Day 4: Saver awards were gone, so started transfer 2 to top off points for a regular award
Day 4: Transfer 1 points showed up in account
Day 5: Received Chase email that transfer 1 completed
Day 13: Received Chase email that transfer 2 failed
Day 13: Started transfer 3
Day 14: Transfer 2 points showed up in account
Day 15: Transfer 3 points showed up in account
Day 16: Received chase email that transfer 3 completed

So far Chase has refunded me my transfer 2 points, and both transfer 2 and 3 points are still showing up in my Krisflyer account.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Data point, roughly 48 hours via Chase.

Transferred 100k points from Chase Saturday Night around 10pm.
Points posted Monday by the time I checked at 10pm.

Past transfers, if I recall correctly, have always taken around 2-3 days for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.