Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Hi All - does anybody know whether showers are available in Krisflyer Lounge T3? Especially in this (still) covid times...
Flying LX F, I presume that is the lounge we will end up in.
Yes, there are showers but it is very busy in the evening so expect a wait. They do issue a pager so go to the showers desk as soon as you arrive in the lounge. The lounge is also packed between around 2100 and 0100 as well. The Krisflyer lounge, First lounge and TPR still not open.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:49 am

Wow, I had some questions for SQ, so sent them a message. A month later (after the flight), they responded.
So I guess it is useless to send them a message.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MEL-World
Yes, there are showers but it is very busy in the evening so expect a wait. They do issue a pager so go to the showers desk as soon as you arrive in the lounge. The lounge is also packed between around 2100 and 0100 as well. The Krisflyer lounge, First lounge and TPR still not open.
Thanks - I was there around 1930 - 2230, got shower immediately. I think there were at least 9 so I don't think the wait should be that long.
Can confirm LX F gives access to the separated First area in the back on the right.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:12 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by MEL-World
Short answer, no.
24 hours is the limit. Otherwise your luggage could be loaded on the same flight on the day you arrive with the same flight number.
I believe in 48 is the maximum transit time in SIN. I personally did 31hr in Jan
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:48 pm

Does anyone know the current F&B situation at the SilverKris Business Lounge at MEL?

Should I expect barista coffee? Hot food?

How about liquor (about which the SQ website is silent)? Beer/wine/spirits? Cocktails? Bar service or self-service?

This would be on a Tuesday afternoon, prior to SQ0228.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by BernardBlack
Does anyone know the current F&B situation at the SilverKris Business Lounge at MEL?

Should I expect barista coffee? Hot food?

How about liquor (about which the SQ website is silent)? Beer/wine/spirits? Cocktails? Bar service or self-service?

This would be on a Tuesday afternoon, prior to SQ0228.
I was in the F section recently but Barista coffee is served, there will be a selection of hot food and alcohol, including, I believe limited spirits but cannot comment on full service v buffet. Maybe you order via a login and food/drinks are delivered, as per the SIN Lounge.
BernardBlack likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:37 pm

Thanks, MEL-World .
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Anyone know what time od day revenue inventory is updated? Nearly finished a booking and internet dropped out and now one segment of the flight is $1000 more. So hoping it reset overnight because that fare class has not been booked. Any information greatly appreciated
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:58 pm

Anyone? What is the last possible moment you can cancel an award ticket and receive a refund with the fee? Before departure or? Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Is it possible to book mixed-class tickets on Singapore? E.g LHR-SIN-SYD, with the first part of the journey in premium economy and the last part in J?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:13 pm

lost KF online access

ok (sheepishly accepts sons help finding buttons)

Last edited by dr freeze; Apr 19, 2022 at 8:32 pm Reason: try harder
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: None anymore
Any idea when other lounges outside of SIN might open? Flying through ICN in August, hoping it's open by then because it's a brand new lounge.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by paulgibbs
Is it possible to book mixed-class tickets on Singapore? E.g LHR-SIN-SYD, with the first part of the journey in premium economy and the last part in J?
If there is a mixed-class fare that explicitly allows it between LHR and SYD then yes it will be possible and that's the simplest method. However, it doesn't look like such a fare exists for LHR-SYD.

The other way to do it would be to book two one-way journeys (with the fare being calculated as such) - i.e. one-way PE LHR-SIN + one-way J SIN-SYD. What I'm not sure of is whether they can do it in one booking though.
paulgibbs likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:19 pm

Check your manage booking page, it might be there if you have reach the payment page
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:38 am

Hi all, first time poster and first time booking an award upgrade on SQ. I purchased LHR > BNE return in premium economy and called to upgrade the return leg to business as the website gave me errors even though it shows award saver with no waitlist. SQ agent managed to reserve the tickets for me and said ill receive a call back in 48-72hrs from the appropriate team. Fair enough.

I can see it as reserved now and i still have my points. I called again tonight and tonights agent told me again to wait and they will call or email me.

Question is, is this normal? They can reserve for me but not ticket it or take my points? Only been abut 36hrs so far and the reserve is held for another 8 days apparently.

Should i be calling again and again? Just keen to understand as this isn't straight rewards ticket rather a paid ticket with points upgrade on a non-waitlisted award seat.

Side note. From the UK the call centre experience has been positive. First call to upgrade i got through in 15min (UK 8am), which they hung up on me and called me straight back on a Singapore number. Tonight (UK7pm) i got through first go no waiting.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.