General SQ Questions: 2022

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 15, 22, 2:40 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...09-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 15, 22, 10:30 am

Programs: *G, OWE, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Will be traveling LH F FRA-SIN transferring to SQ J SIN-BKK r/t next winter. Have two questions:
  • Which lounge can I use in SIN, and is there a difference on outbound and inbound as continuing in SQ J outbound and LH F inbound?
  • How can I book seats on SQ flights? Couldn't book on LH site and on SQ site manage my booking was greyed out even though I could see my booking on the site?

Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 20, 22, 4:59 am

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere. Flying to and from Vietnam in July, on the return I won't have my wife with me and being on the taller and broader size of people I am looking at seats 56 A/K on the regional config of the A350.

Can anyone tell me do these seats have the immovable arm rest and tv in the arm rests too?
Just debating wether the extra legroom is worth it over an aisle seat with movable arm rest?
Old Feb 21, 22, 12:39 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Is there any point to adding a *G FF# to a SQ booking before doing OLCI (from what I gathered, during OLCI one can add other star FF#)?
I assume SQ doesn't give free seats in the exit row or the forward cabin in Y for *G. Do they open up for free during OLCI or are they still paid seats?
Old Feb 23, 22, 3:12 am

Hi all,

I have a flight booked with Singapore Airlines (F) on a VTL flight from Melbourne to Singapore. I then have a seperate booking for another flight with Emirates Singapore-Dubai-London approximately three hours later. I'm assuming I need to go through immigration and then do another check-in. Would I also need to do another Covid test pre-departure?

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 22, 3:54 am

Programs: SQ TPPS
Originally Posted by nickiboy View Post
Hi all,

I have a flight booked with Singapore Airlines (F) on a VTL flight from Melbourne to Singapore. I then have a seperate booking for another flight with Emirates Singapore-Dubai-London approximately three hours later. I'm assuming I need to go through immigration and then do another check-in. Would I also need to do another Covid test pre-departure?

Thanks
You can try...but there are risks.
1. As you are connecting on different tickets, the only possible way to do this is indeed apply for a VTP and pass through immigration.
2. Per the terms of your VTP (permit to travel on a VTL flight) you will need to conduct a rapid test within 24hrs and isolate until the result is received. How fast you can do this depends where/when you are able to book your test.
3. If you try to check in and pass back through immigration for your EK flight without taking the test there's every chance you will be flagged by the authorities.
4. As far as a pre-departure test goes from Singapore, that's not a Singapore matter...it's whatever Dubai/London require which I believe is no test requirement.
Old Feb 23, 22, 12:05 pm

Hello! I'm trying to figure out how many Krisflyer miles it would cost to do the following award booking:

LAX - NRT in ANA business
NRT - SIN in SQ first

I couldn't tell which award chart and price the airline would use.

Thanks very much!
Old Feb 23, 22, 6:00 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by MarcusBWI View Post
Hello! I'm trying to figure out how many Krisflyer miles it would cost to do the following award booking:

LAX - NRT in ANA business
NRT - SIN in SQ first

I couldn't tell which award chart and price the airline would use.

Thanks very much!
*A chart for first class
Old Feb 23, 22, 7:05 pm

Programs: TK Gold, ITA Gold, VA Gold
Originally Posted by bpk6h View Post

2. Per the terms of your VTP (permit to travel on a VTL flight) you will need to conduct a rapid test within 24hrs and isolate until the result is received. How fast you can do this depends where/when you are able to book your test.
If you look further into the VTL site it says if a test is due on the day you fly out it's not required. So at least this point should be ok - at least under the old rules. (But OP - please check - things change quickly these days.)
kevin111260 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 22, 7:08 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS
Originally Posted by sydunipete View Post
If you look further into the VTL site it says if a test is due on the day you fly out it's not required. So at least this point should be ok - at least under the old rules. (But OP - please check - things change quickly these days.)
That applied to the day 2-7 tests. Not to day 1.
Old Feb 23, 22, 7:14 pm

Programs: Alaska
Singapore has not changed rules about one ticket transit.

so take your own risk and tell us after that.
Old Feb 24, 22, 3:46 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
I, like the rest of the world, want to fly SIN-FRA-JFK in suites. Are saver awards ever released?

I know they opened up a bunch of JFK-FRA-JFK recently which I'm sure isn't helping.
Old Feb 25, 22, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by jason8612 View Post
Is there any point to adding a *G FF# to a SQ booking before doing OLCI (from what I gathered, during OLCI one can add other star FF#)?
I assume SQ doesn't give free seats in the exit row or the forward cabin in Y for *G. Do they open up for free during OLCI or are they still paid seats?
Wow, I didn't think SQ is this horrible, but simply adding a FF# is basically impossible.
I tried multiple times calling the USA nr, and other country numbers and have gotten the following reasons:
- UA isn't in Star Alliance
- Your Krisflyer number is wrong (giving them my UA one)
- You need to call up UA to add it (not if I am flying SQ)
- United Airlines doesn't exist
I can't add it during online check-in, I can't add it online in MMB.

What is going on? Is SQ that bad with their system that they can't do a simple task like add a FF#?
Old Feb 26, 22, 10:38 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by jason8612 View Post
Is SQ that bad with their system that they can't do a simple task like add a FF#?
SQ phone staff are often very junior and their IT systems are not good. But I don't think *G gives you anything like better access to forward zone seats so may be easier to leave the FF# till checkin.
Old Mar 1, 22, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by onlySIA View Post
SQ phone staff are often very junior and their IT systems are not good. But I don't think *G gives you anything like better access to forward zone seats so may be easier to leave the FF# till checkin.
I had them add the FF# at the check-in desk, and also add my FF# on an upcoming SQ ticket.
Old Mar 3, 22, 6:25 pm

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
I'm wondering are Economy Lite (K) tickets eligible for a paid upgrade to business at all or it is not possible for this fare class. Thanks

Search this Thread