Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:55 am

There been a couple of amended tables put up after the initial one. The one currently includes the changes to masks for domestic Australian flights but not international.

No doubt it will be resolved soon.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:49 am
formerly JackDann

Booked my first SQ Flights for January. Looking forward to them.

HKT-SIN on the 737-Max
Overnight in Singapore
SIN-LHR on the A380

Unfortunately I had to book this through a travel agent, therefore there I won't be able to upgrade our flight to LHR online. Is it still possible to upgrade it at the airport maybe?

Also - We are unable to book any of the Bulkhead seats on our A380 Flight, is there a reason for this?
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:58 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by JD1905
Booked my first SQ Flights for January. Looking forward to them.

HKT-SIN on the 737-Max
Overnight in Singapore
SIN-LHR on the A380

Unfortunately I had to book this through a travel agent, therefore there I won't be able to upgrade our flight to LHR online. Is it still possible to upgrade it at the airport maybe?

Also - We are unable to book any of the Bulkhead seats on our A380 Flight, is there a reason for this?
Great way to fly - start the year !
Have your TA request .

Bulkheads reserved for PPS & TPPS like yours truly & a row for the bassinets , not for those on inaugural flights !
JD1905 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Great way to fly - start the year !
Have your TA request .

Bulkheads reserved for PPS & TPPS like yours truly & a row for the bassinets , not for those on inaugural flights !
they do open them up to the public eventually though. I can't engender of it is 3 days of 1 day before the flight but i think it's 3
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
they do open them up to the public eventually though. I can't engender of it is 3 days of 1 day before the flight but i think it's 3
48hrs before when online check-in opens for all
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by cocaman
Hey guys,

I saw on a particular date SQ has Scoot (economy) plus SQ mixed Business Lite tickets. However, they were snapped up after a few hours and fares have increased ever since.

would it be possible to ask Sq To release the same fare bucket again? Advise from the agent was to keep checking
er, revenue management does not work just by a customer asking SQ to release cheaper fares / seats.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 3:42 am

Flying in SQ J as KF Gold or no status: much of a difference?

Round trip from ZRH to NZL booked in SQ J in Jan/Feb 2023.
I am LX SEN but do not need any miles in 2023, therefore intend to credit those miles to KF. I am thinking of making the Shangri-La Jade Status challenge to KF Gold before the mentioned NZL round trip.

Do you think it's worth it? From what I read, SQ treats J passenger well, i.e. having KF Gold wouldn't bring much (no extra luggage needed, seat reservation is included, SilverKris lounge access at Changi granted by J tix).
Any "hard benefits" you wouldn't miss?

I am CH-based, therefore only very few SQ flights normally.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TrickMcDave
I am LX SEN but do not need any miles in 2023, therefore intend to credit those miles to KF. I am thinking of making the Shangri-La Jade Status challenge to KF Gold before the mentioned NZL round trip.
You would miss absolutely nothing, the only status passengers SQ cares about are PPS. Don't bother getting KF Gold status.
TrickMcDave likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Hi all, received this reply from Singapore airlines Baggage Officer regarding one of our lost suitcases from a flight Sydney to Singapore back in June 22.

....and we have noted the concerns you have raised regarding the compensation. We wish to share while the Montreal Convention indicates the limit for our liability, it does not specify how compensation is to be administered. The claim is to be substantiated and is subject to the airline’s review....

Singapore Airlines is refusing to pay compensation. Does anyone know if this statement is true or are they bluffing.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Stacycrow
Hi all, received this reply from Singapore airlines Baggage Officer regarding one of our lost suitcases from a flight Sydney to Singapore back in June 22.

....and we have noted the concerns you have raised regarding the compensation. We wish to share while the Montreal Convention indicates the limit for our liability, it does not specify how compensation is to be administered. The claim is to be substantiated and is subject to the airline’s review....

Singapore Airlines is refusing to pay compensation. Does anyone know if this statement is true or are they bluffing.
Are you saying they lost your bag and are paying 0 compensation?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 12:36 pm

Hello...I would like to know if SQ charges fuel surcharges (YQ) on awards ticket (especially on premium cabins)

Thanks

Last edited by Sonny84; Sep 13, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Old Sep 13, 2022, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Question about adding a leg to an award flight.

We're going from Denpasar to Boston next August. Using miles to fly J for four people. Would probably have to be an Advantage award.

Currently, there's award availability on SQ that can get me to New York (either JFK or EWR), but United hasn't opened up its award chart for late August.

Am I better off booking the flight to New York and then adding on a connecting leg when UA opens its calendar (I don't care about class of service from NY to Boston.)? Or should I just wait and hope that the availability is still there in a few weeks? The SQ representative didn't seem to know whether I would be able to add a leg at a future date.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Sonny84
Hello...I would like to know if SQ charges fuel surcharges (YQ) on awards ticket (especially on premium cabins)

Thanks
no. But they do charge on partner award (if the partner airline charge fuel surcharge).
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Question about adding a leg to an award flight.

We're going from Denpasar to Boston next August. Using miles to fly J for four people. Would probably have to be an Advantage award.

Currently, there's award availability on SQ that can get me to New York (either JFK or EWR), but United hasn't opened up its award chart for late August.

Am I better off booking the flight to New York and then adding on a connecting leg when UA opens its calendar (I don't care about class of service from NY to Boston.)? Or should I just wait and hope that the availability is still there in a few weeks? The SQ representative didn't seem to know whether I would be able to add a leg at a future date.

Thanks,
Mike
dont think you can add an UA award to a SQ advantage award.

from what I understand, SQ+partner award need to be in saver award and have different availability compare to own SQ award.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
no. But they do charge on partner award (if the partner airline charge fuel surcharge).
Thank you @sbs2716g
I also read Velocity will begin to charge extra fees on SQ awards flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.