Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:42 pm

If I had cancelled a lap infant, wouldn't there be some kind of fee/refund associated?
Here's what I'm dealing with. Book and pay for a lap infant on 12/13 (i.e. both an itinerary and an eticket). They are claiming I cancelled the infant on 1/13 (I did not, and why would I cancel her without cancelling either my wife or myself, since we are flying together?)
Importantly, 1/13 would have been the ticket issuance time limit if I hadn't had a ticket issued (i.e. it would self cancel at 0700 GMT on 1/13). Even though I have an e-ticket issued, I'm guessing some glitch caused this. Singapore is telling me I have to prove that I did not cancel it, to which I say how? The best proof i can think of is I have no refund. Would there be some kind of a refund (or cancellation fee) if I had cancelled? It's insane they are asking me to prove I didn't do something, but whatever.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:04 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I have a paid ticket booked on SQ but I can't change my FFT number when "managing my bookings".... I tried to replace my KF number with LH M&M or TP M&G but both say "invalid number".... tried on the app and on SQ website. Is this a known issue these days? I remember in the past, it was easy to do this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:31 pm
Community Director Emerita

I am a brand new Krisflyer member and I am struggling. The website wants me to verify my mobile. Yet, no matter how many times I push the link to send me a code, it never arrives. I was given an option to verify my email. It did that satisfactorily. However, I still have a warning that if I fail to validate my phone, I cannot book. What should I do?

Further, when I input my address, I have to choose the town where I live - except it isn't on the list. I put in my zip code which generally will pre populate the city field. Nope, because it isn't in the pull down. Maybe this won't be an issue?

So I decided to search for award space. Guess what, LAX or Los Angeles are not allowed to be chosen as the outbound, at least in Firefox. (I've now checked on Safari and can choose it there.) I can choose it for the return. But I'd like to book both directions. This is serious. What do I do?

UPDATE
I've left the above for the benefit of others who might run into the same issue. It turns out that SingaporeAir does not work well on Firefox. I moved on to Google Chrome and the major issues resolved themselves, thankfully. I'm still not able to edit the town where I live.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Aug 18, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I am a brand new Krisflyer member and I am struggling. The website wants me to verify my mobile. Yet, no matter how many times I push the link to send me a code, it never arrives. I was given an option to verify my email. It did that satisfactorily. However, I still have a warning that if I fail to validate my phone, I cannot book. What should I do?

Further, when I input my address, I have to choose the town where I live - except it isn't on the list. I put in my zip code which generally will pre populate the city field. Nope, because it isn't in the pull down. Maybe this won't be an issue?

So I decided to search for award space. Guess what, LAX or Los Angeles are not allowed to be chosen as the outbound, at least in Firefox. (I've now checked on Safari and can choose it there.) I can choose it for the return. But I'd like to book both directions. This is serious. What do I do?

UPDATE
I've left the above for the benefit of others who might run into the same issue. It turns out that SingaporeAir does not work well on Firefox. I moved on to Google Chrome and the issues resolved themselves, thankfully.
Edit: Just missed the update. Sorry for redundancy.

I will say from my own limited experience, the website is really, really glitchy. Per getting the mobile verification sent to me, I've had to actually refresh the webpage with the verification code and only then did it send to my cell phone.

Per entering the phone number/address, does it give you the drop down menu to choose the country code before entering the phone number. Also, I had a headache with entering my address unless I entered the country first.

Again, this may not be helpful or work for you, but it did yield some luck. Per getting the RT award booking, I had to also mess with it.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traveluxe
This is so helpful. Thank you! Since I will have over 2 hours layover in FRA I wondered whether it would be worth exiting immigration and “checking in” at the SQ desks to receive my gold Suites boarding pass…
No, that would be ridiculous.
There's a decent chance you can do OLCI with LH and get electronic boarding passes for both segments. (I just did on BER-FRA-JFK). However, SQ won't let you board with that, so they will make you see the gate agent where they will print out a paper boarding pass. If LH gives you an unbranded paper BP, then go see the gate agent anyway and ask them to reprint. It's pretty straightforward.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
I initiated a Chase UR transfer to KrisFlyer about 30 hours ago and they still haven't posted. I did a 1,000 point test run a week ago and they posted in 24 hours. How long should I wait before I call for support? And who would I call? Chase or SQ?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
I initiated a Chase UR transfer to KrisFlyer about 30 hours ago and they still haven't posted. I did a 1,000 point test run a week ago and they posted in 24 hours. How long should I wait before I call for support? And who would I call? Chase or SQ?
From Chase, it took them 48 hours for a recent transfer. OTOH, Amex Plat has done it immediately whenever I transfer.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by northinsouth
From Chase, it took them 48 hours for a recent transfer. OTOH, Amex Plat has done it immediately whenever I transfer.
I sent 1K Chase UR points on 18 Aug. It's 96 hours on. They still haven't arrived. Fortunately, I've had the same experience as you moving AMEX points. The transfer is nearly simultaneous.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:20 pm

Complicated question: my understanding is that SQ can check baggage through to the final destination on connecting *A flights (eg. LAX-NRT on SQ + NRT-GUM on UA). Will it complicate things if this is part of a larger PNR?

Specifically, I have LAX-NRT-[stopover]-NRT-SIN-MLE ticketed via SQ and wanted to wedge a UA RT flight ticketed via UA into the stopover: LAX-NRT-[stopover] NRT-GUM-NRT [/stopover]-NRT-SIN-MLE. Would SQ be able to send the bags to the intermediate destination in GUM when checking in at LAX? Obviously this is stupidly complicated, but might not have a choice if Japan doesn't open up and SQ can't change my stopover from NRT to SIN...
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:26 pm

I sent 1K Chase UR points on 18 Aug. It's 96 hours on. They still haven't arrived. Fortunately, I've had the same experience as you moving AMEX points. The transfer is nearly simultaneous.
Just got an email saying the 1000 UR points transferred. It took roughly 100 hours.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:12 am

Just got an email saying the 1000 UR points transferred. It took roughly 100 hours.
I got to say, it seems like recently Chase has been glacial transferring points, not only to SQ, but also to Marriott, United, etc. Maybe they just don't like me
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Yikes! Thanks for that - I'm getting anxious about the SAVER availability!
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:38 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Hi SQ Fters, if I have booked Suites SYD-SIN and add an extra sector in J SIN-HKT the following day on the same ticket, can I access the FCT and TPR?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Hi SQ Fters, if I have booked Suites SYD-SIN and add an extra sector in J SIN-HKT the following day on the same ticket, can I access the FCT and TPR?
Only if you use TPR after your SYD-SIN flight on arrival. Then ask the staff to "put your name on the list" because you want to come back the next day for your onward flight. A few years ago this worked fine for me.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:58 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jongesander
Only if you use TPR after your SYD-SIN flight on arrival. Then ask the staff to "put your name on the list" because you want to come back the next day for your onward flight. A few years ago this worked fine for me.
Thanks. Sounds like too much effort! Would have been nice to try but I decided to fly the daytime flight ex SYD rather than overnight ex SIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.