Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

General SQ Questions: 2022

General SQ Questions: 2022

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 15, 22, 2:40 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...09-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 19, 22, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 View Post
Good evening, stupid question but with covid things have changed a bit, does SQ gives Mobile/online Boarding Pass for flights departing DEL to SIN?
No personal experience ex-DEL but generally the boarding pass is available via the SingaporeAir app once vaccination status has been checked / uploaded successfully and validated. Others may wish to chime in on their experience.
Old Jul 19, 22, 9:17 pm

I’m booked Seattle to Singapore to Bangkok September 1 and returning October 31, same itinerary, all economy lite. I bought seat assignments mid March. I noticed that the Bangkok to Singapore segment is as of 5 days ago missing the seat assignment, but all other segments still have theirs. Is there a phone number in the U.S. to call to straighten this out? If not, I can straighten this out September 1 in Seattle. Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 22, 4:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Business Lite fares are completely non-refundable? I was under the impression that in India, airlines are not allowed to sell non-refundable tickets so wanted to check as I would be booking from here.
Old Jul 22, 22, 7:25 pm

Do I need to call in order to book an award ticket using krisflyer miles on non-SQ metal? Looking to book something domestic in the US on United.
Old Jul 23, 22, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by iamamadscientist View Post
I noticed that its currently not possible to book SQ297 in November. Matrix is showing it only when displaying all flights, even not bookable. I checked several dates, it looks like change is with the schedule change in October, but it was bookable before. Anyone with more knowledge?
Been zeroed out since early July. I am on SQ297 in Dec and so far it has not reflected any change in my booking (I hope not).
Old Jul 26, 22, 11:32 am

Programs: AS G75k, Hyatt Globalist
If I book a SQ award before 7/31 in Saver Business, and after 7/31 make a single change to the date to Economy (due to award space), does the current waiver cover cabin class change too (i.e. would I get the extra miles refunded, and also no change fee) ? Thank you
Old Jul 26, 22, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by icejan View Post
If I book a SQ award before 7/31 in Saver Business, and after 7/31 make a single change to the date to Economy (due to award space), does the current waiver cover cabin class change too (i.e. would I get the extra miles refunded, and also no change fee) ? Thank you
Assuming you issued it after the devaluation on 5 July, only USD25 is waived once for rebooking. You don't get miles back for downgrade.
Old Jul 27, 22, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Squeezy View Post
Been zeroed out since early July. I am on SQ297 in Dec and so far it has not reflected any change in my booking (I hope not).
SQ297 / SQ298 is available for booking again, no change on NZ295 / NZ296.
Old Jul 30, 22, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Question on the refundability of business class tickets. I am looking at paid J from SIN to SFO. Both business standard and business flexi list that they are refundable with a fee of several hundred Sing dollars. Am I understanding the situation correctly? The flight is a few months out, and I want the flexibility in case plans change.
Old Aug 1, 22, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I kind of had a weird situation. I am flying with SQ at the end of December, MEL-SIN-SFO, with a 5 day layover in Singapore. I have a PE class Flexi (s) fare. I called SQ today to see if I could get on the earlier MEL-SIN flight but was told there were no PE seats available. When I requested to be downgraded to Economy , she said that was not possible and it is SQ's policy. I guess they did not want to give me back any $$ for the fare difference.
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by minhaoxue View Post
I kind of had a weird situation. I am flying with SQ at the end of December, MEL-SIN-SFO, with a 5 day layover in Singapore. I have a PE class Flexi (s) fare. I called SQ today to see if I could get on the earlier MEL-SIN flight but was told there were no PE seats available. When I requested to be downgraded to Economy , she said that was not possible and it is SQ's policy. I guess they did not want to give me back any $$ for the fare difference.
Whats the exact fare condition of your ticket?

It's possible the earlier aircraft doesn't have PE at all? Does it show no PE availability when you do a dummy booking?

A downgrade like the one you asked for is indeed not something that usually is considered, only when there are irrops.

In your case, I'd check somewhat closer to departure if the earlier flight has (by then) any PE availability - assuming it doesn't have right now, and if so, ask again.
Old Aug 1, 22, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Whats the exact fare condition of your ticket?

It's possible the earlier aircraft doesn't have PE at all? Does it show no PE availability when you do a dummy booking?

A downgrade like the one you asked for is indeed not something that usually is considered, only when there are irrops.

In your case, I'd check somewhat closer to departure if the earlier flight has (by then) any PE availability - assuming it doesn't have right now, and if so, ask again.
I have a flexible air ticket class allowing free change. SQ stated that PE is fully booked and I confirmed by doing a dummy booking. I have no problem flying economy but the agent stated I could not down grade. I will follow up, as you suggested, closer to departure. It is summer season in Australia and around the holidays is a peak travel.
Old Aug 3, 22, 9:59 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, EY Guest Gold
Hi Brain Trust, I have a super strange question to ask - would appreciate any input!
I am currently holding a Gold Velocity and a Gold Star Alliance with Thai (Royal Orchid Plus).
I have a trip planned (SYD-SIN-BKK return).
If I can accumulate enough Status Credits after the first two legs to my destination to retain my Velocity Gold, can I change my Frequent Flyer detail on the return leg to credit my miles towards ROP as I'm flying with Singapore Airlines?

Not sure if this is the right thread for it but it involes three parties. (VA, SQ, TG)
Old Aug 4, 22, 10:24 am

Hi, I'm trying to understand if it's possible to optimize my award redemption for a mixed cabin booking. Here's what I'd like to accomplish (dates are an example): MLE-SIN in J on Tues 8/9, SIN-LAX in F on Sat 8/13. I'm currently on the waitlist for the SIN-LAX 8/13 flight and wanted to see what my options are for the MLE-SIN leg before transferring over the additional points for a separate redemption. TIA!
Old Aug 4, 22, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by lancelot21 View Post
Question on the refundability of business class tickets. I am looking at paid J from SIN to SFO. Both business standard and business flexi list that they are refundable with a fee of several hundred Sing dollars. Am I understanding the situation correctly? The flight is a few months out, and I want the flexibility in case plans change.
yes, these fare family allow refund subject to payment of the penalty fee

Search this Thread