Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

General SQ Questions: 2022

General SQ Questions: 2022

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 15, 22, 2:40 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...09-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 19, 22, 11:08 am
  #301  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,193
Originally Posted by AurelAF96 View Post
Good evening, stupid question but with covid things have changed a bit, does SQ gives Mobile/online Boarding Pass for flights departing DEL to SIN?
No personal experience ex-DEL but generally the boarding pass is available via the SingaporeAir app once vaccination status has been checked / uploaded successfully and validated. Others may wish to chime in on their experience.
Singapore_Air is online now  
Old Jul 19, 22, 9:17 pm
  #302  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 144
I’m booked Seattle to Singapore to Bangkok September 1 and returning October 31, same itinerary, all economy lite. I bought seat assignments mid March. I noticed that the Bangkok to Singapore segment is as of 5 days ago missing the seat assignment, but all other segments still have theirs. Is there a phone number in the U.S. to call to straighten this out? If not, I can straighten this out September 1 in Seattle. Thanks!
Dean1953 is offline  
Old Jul 21, 22, 4:01 pm
  #303  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 226
Business Lite fares are completely non-refundable? I was under the impression that in India, airlines are not allowed to sell non-refundable tickets so wanted to check as I would be booking from here.
kumarshah is offline  
Old Jul 22, 22, 7:25 pm
  #304  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 99
Do I need to call in order to book an award ticket using krisflyer miles on non-SQ metal? Looking to book something domestic in the US on United.
jsimon926 is offline  
Old Jul 23, 22, 1:39 am
  #305  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by iamamadscientist View Post
I noticed that its currently not possible to book SQ297 in November. Matrix is showing it only when displaying all flights, even not bookable. I checked several dates, it looks like change is with the schedule change in October, but it was bookable before. Anyone with more knowledge?
Been zeroed out since early July. I am on SQ297 in Dec and so far it has not reflected any change in my booking (I hope not).
Squeezy is offline  
Old Jul 26, 22, 11:32 am
  #306  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TYO
Programs: AS G75k, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 55
If I book a SQ award before 7/31 in Saver Business, and after 7/31 make a single change to the date to Economy (due to award space), does the current waiver cover cabin class change too (i.e. would I get the extra miles refunded, and also no change fee) ? Thank you
icejan is offline  
Old Jul 26, 22, 8:18 pm
  #307  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 517
Originally Posted by icejan View Post
If I book a SQ award before 7/31 in Saver Business, and after 7/31 make a single change to the date to Economy (due to award space), does the current waiver cover cabin class change too (i.e. would I get the extra miles refunded, and also no change fee) ? Thank you
Assuming you issued it after the devaluation on 5 July, only USD25 is waived once for rebooking. You don't get miles back for downgrade.
terbangalways is offline  
Old Jul 27, 22, 12:10 pm
  #308  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by Squeezy View Post
Been zeroed out since early July. I am on SQ297 in Dec and so far it has not reflected any change in my booking (I hope not).
SQ297 / SQ298 is available for booking again, no change on NZ295 / NZ296.
iamamadscientist is offline  
Old Jul 30, 22, 3:58 pm
  #309  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: UA 1K, MM
Posts: 373
Question on the refundability of business class tickets. I am looking at paid J from SIN to SFO. Both business standard and business flexi list that they are refundable with a fee of several hundred Sing dollars. Am I understanding the situation correctly? The flight is a few months out, and I want the flexibility in case plans change.
lancelot21 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 22, 12:30 am
  #310  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Posts: 939
I kind of had a weird situation. I am flying with SQ at the end of December, MEL-SIN-SFO, with a 5 day layover in Singapore. I have a PE class Flexi (s) fare. I called SQ today to see if I could get on the earlier MEL-SIN flight but was told there were no PE seats available. When I requested to be downgraded to Economy , she said that was not possible and it is SQ's policy. I guess they did not want to give me back any $$ for the fare difference.
minhaoxue is offline  
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:12 am
  #311  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 9,155
Originally Posted by minhaoxue View Post
I kind of had a weird situation. I am flying with SQ at the end of December, MEL-SIN-SFO, with a 5 day layover in Singapore. I have a PE class Flexi (s) fare. I called SQ today to see if I could get on the earlier MEL-SIN flight but was told there were no PE seats available. When I requested to be downgraded to Economy , she said that was not possible and it is SQ's policy. I guess they did not want to give me back any $$ for the fare difference.
Whats the exact fare condition of your ticket?

It's possible the earlier aircraft doesn't have PE at all? Does it show no PE availability when you do a dummy booking?

A downgrade like the one you asked for is indeed not something that usually is considered, only when there are irrops.

In your case, I'd check somewhat closer to departure if the earlier flight has (by then) any PE availability - assuming it doesn't have right now, and if so, ask again.
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Aug 1, 22, 12:52 pm
  #312  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Posts: 939
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Whats the exact fare condition of your ticket?

It's possible the earlier aircraft doesn't have PE at all? Does it show no PE availability when you do a dummy booking?

A downgrade like the one you asked for is indeed not something that usually is considered, only when there are irrops.

In your case, I'd check somewhat closer to departure if the earlier flight has (by then) any PE availability - assuming it doesn't have right now, and if so, ask again.
I have a flexible air ticket class allowing free change. SQ stated that PE is fully booked and I confirmed by doing a dummy booking. I have no problem flying economy but the agent stated I could not down grade. I will follow up, as you suggested, closer to departure. It is summer season in Australia and around the holidays is a peak travel.
minhaoxue is offline  
Old Aug 3, 22, 9:59 pm
  #313  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: TG ROP Gold, EY Guest Gold
Posts: 21
Hi Brain Trust, I have a super strange question to ask - would appreciate any input!
I am currently holding a Gold Velocity and a Gold Star Alliance with Thai (Royal Orchid Plus).
I have a trip planned (SYD-SIN-BKK return).
If I can accumulate enough Status Credits after the first two legs to my destination to retain my Velocity Gold, can I change my Frequent Flyer detail on the return leg to credit my miles towards ROP as I'm flying with Singapore Airlines?

Not sure if this is the right thread for it but it involes three parties. (VA, SQ, TG)
shadowhyde is offline  
Old Aug 4, 22, 10:24 am
  #314  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 1
Hi, I'm trying to understand if it's possible to optimize my award redemption for a mixed cabin booking. Here's what I'd like to accomplish (dates are an example): MLE-SIN in J on Tues 8/9, SIN-LAX in F on Sat 8/13. I'm currently on the waitlist for the SIN-LAX 8/13 flight and wanted to see what my options are for the MLE-SIN leg before transferring over the additional points for a separate redemption. TIA!
kjll is offline  
Old Aug 4, 22, 10:44 pm
  #315  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 171
Originally Posted by lancelot21 View Post
Question on the refundability of business class tickets. I am looking at paid J from SIN to SFO. Both business standard and business flexi list that they are refundable with a fee of several hundred Sing dollars. Am I understanding the situation correctly? The flight is a few months out, and I want the flexibility in case plans change.
yes, these fare family allow refund subject to payment of the penalty fee
bent is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread