Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
I am looking a one way flight from DPS to PHX in J. However when I search this I get no results but can see award space with other star alliance partners. If I search going to LAX and other US hubs I do see results.

I am trying to understand why this is happening. Is there a limit to 3 segments per one way flight? Is it not possible to mix SQ and UA in the same booking? Or is this just a website limit and I need to call to book?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyguy6
I am looking a one way flight from DPS to PHX in J. However when I search this I get no results but can see award space with other star alliance partners. If I search going to LAX and other US hubs I do see results.

I am trying to understand why this is happening. Is there a limit to 3 segments per one way flight? Is it not possible to mix SQ and UA in the same booking? Or is this just a website limit and I need to call to book?
There is almost no inventory for me to book anything from DPS on SQ via UA until September and that's just in Y. Further, I have only seen little SQ J inventory made available to me as a UA elite, so could be vice versa. On top of that, I don't believe SQ allows for a mixed class booking if the UA portion is in Y, and the combination of these things may be your issue.

One data point for you to check is on November 4th. I see DPS-SIN-SFO-PHX all in J via UA

Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Cris
There is almost no inventory for me to book anything from DPS on SQ via UA until September and that's just in Y. Further, I have only seen little SQ J inventory made available to me as a UA elite, so could be vice versa. On top of that, I don't believe SQ allows for a mixed class booking if the UA portion is in Y, and the combination of these things may be your issue.

One data point for you to check is on November 4th. I see DPS-SIN-SFO-PHX all in J via UA

My mistake I miss spoke. I was trying to book SQ and UA via KrisFlyer miles. Specifically I was looking int Jan 2023. Are Mix class awards allowed? I was able to find flights on AC and UN websites.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:45 pm

My mistake I miss spoke. I was trying to book SQ and UA via KrisFlyer miles. Specifically I was looking int Jan 2023. Are Mix class awards allowed? I was able to find flights on AC and UN websites.
I understood. I was asking to see if on that specific date, inventory was being shared. Unfortunately, SQ/UA are still on a newly laid foundation of code sharing (again) and inventory is not readily available, either by combination of strong demand and/or low inventory.

I've read on here SQ does not allow mixed cabins, but I'm not a regular SQ flyer.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:39 pm

I don't think SQ will let you book online using Krisflyer miles 1) mixed cabin of any star alliance including their own metal; 2) a mix of star alliance airlines with SQ metal. Not sure if it can be achieved via phone call.

Try your search again from DPS-SFO or LAX and drop the the last domestic leg in US.. Some space will likely show up, although SIN-SFO segment space has been tight.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:44 pm

I managed to waitlist two first class saver awards on A380 JFK FRA route. What are the chances that they will clear??
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:50 am

Hi all - apologies if some of my questions are very newbie questions. I've done a good amount of lurking and searching on this forum and I'm still not quite clear on how SQ awards work.

I'm looking to book a one-way HKG to LHR (via SIN), in any class possible. Currently, for my dates (28 Aug), everything is waitlisted:
  • Economy advantage 80k (waitlist)
  • Premium economy 81.5k (waitlist)
  • Business advantage 140k (waitlist)
Given I really do need to travel on these dates, my question is - how much faith should I put in the waitlist? My understanding is that I can waitlist multiple cabins, so I would have to transfer over 140k + 81.5k points to waitlist both Y+ and J? Or I can just transfer over 140k to waitlist both, or even all 3 cabins? Will this need to be done over the phone? As a non-frequent SQ flier, and since SQ miles have a 3 year expiry date, I want to minimize the amount of miles I transfer over.

Or, should I have enough faith in the J waitlist advantage that I should just waitlist that?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
Hi all - apologies if some of my questions are very newbie questions. I've done a good amount of lurking and searching on this forum and I'm still not quite clear on how SQ awards work.

I'm looking to book a one-way HKG to LHR (via SIN), in any class possible. Currently, for my dates (28 Aug), everything is waitlisted:
  • Economy advantage 80k (waitlist)
  • Premium economy 81.5k (waitlist)
  • Business advantage 140k (waitlist)
Given I really do need to travel on these dates, my question is - how much faith should I put in the waitlist? My understanding is that I can waitlist multiple cabins, so I would have to transfer over 140k + 81.5k points to waitlist both Y+ and J? Or I can just transfer over 140k to waitlist both, or even all 3 cabins? Will this need to be done over the phone? As a non-frequent SQ flier, and since SQ miles have a 3 year expiry date, I want to minimize the amount of miles I transfer over.

Or, should I have enough faith in the J waitlist advantage that I should just waitlist that?

you need 140K to waitlist. The miles won’t be touch at all when you waitlist. But best that you call up to waitlist. The agents can help to waitlist without any miles. You can tell them that you will transfer miles in once waitlist clear.

however do take note that SQ is having very good demand for LHR flights. 4 daily flights are full almost daily.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Next March the SFO-HKG-SIN 5th freedom flight starts up again, with the state of HK I feel as if this flight can easily be canceled for good. If I book a SFO-HKG-SIN saver J award for my honeymoon through Krisflyer, and Singapore Airlines decides to cancel the route for good, will moving to another flight depend on saver/open award availability? Or will they open up space to accommodate me?

Thank you for any data points or insight!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
you need 140K to waitlist. The miles won’t be touch at all when you waitlist. But best that you call up to waitlist. The agents can help to waitlist without any miles. You can tell them that you will transfer miles in once waitlist clear.

however do take note that SQ is having very good demand for LHR flights. 4 daily flights are full almost daily.
Thanks a lot for your info. I'll try and call and get wait listed on all 3 classes.

Looks like demand for LHR indeed is very robust, is it probably hopeless to wait as a non-status member? Am in the age-old debate of locking in a cheap (relatively) Y ticket now or keep waiting. I suppose Y+ or Y award seats should eventually clear?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
Thanks a lot for your info. I'll try and call and get wait listed on all 3 classes.

Looks like demand for LHR indeed is very robust, is it probably hopeless to wait as a non-status member? Am in the age-old debate of locking in a cheap (relatively) Y ticket now or keep waiting. I suppose Y+ or Y award seats should eventually clear?
no guarantee it will clear when SQ is selling round trip Y ticket at S$3100 and one way at S$2000 right now. The demand is very high.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by louisc
Next March the SFO-HKG-SIN 5th freedom flight starts up again, with the state of HK I feel as if this flight can easily be canceled for good. If I book a SFO-HKG-SIN saver J award for my honeymoon through Krisflyer, and Singapore Airlines decides to cancel the route for good, will moving to another flight depend on saver/open award availability? Or will they open up space to accommodate me?

Thank you for any data points or insight!
the schedule are all placeholder.
by right SQ should rebook you on the direct flight. But do prepare that SQ might tell you that there is no space on your travel date or They need to talk to the revenue dept to open up a seat.
louisc likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
no guarantee it will clear when SQ is selling round trip Y ticket at S$3100 and one way at S$2000 right now. The demand is very high.
Thanks. Yeah, it's unbelievable, but it makes sense. There is a lot of demand out of HKG to LHR, and with CX / VS / BA either not operating or running very, very few flights a week, the demand has completely spilled over into SQ and Qatar, from what I have seen.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Can anyone comment on what VOML (vegetarian oriental) ‘supper’ might be on a redeye India-SIN flight?

we’re leaving BLR next week, and wife is vegan - by choice and mostly though not strictly (she avoids dairy/egg, but isnt allergic or anything, and ok with things like honey), and usually will go with the Asian veg option but that’s paneer for this flight. Prefers Asian-style to western, which is why she doesnt want vegan option. VOML specifies no meat, fish, etc. and also no dairy/egg, so feel like it should be good for her. Kind of feel like it might be a noodle dish or maybe a some sort of curry? Any experience on this what this dish might be and how it has been?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Can anyone comment on what VOML (vegetarian oriental) ‘supper’ might be on a redeye India-SIN flight?

we’re leaving BLR next week, and wife is vegan - by choice and mostly though not strictly (she avoids dairy/egg, but isnt allergic or anything, and ok with things like honey), and usually will go with the Asian veg option but that’s paneer for this flight. Prefers Asian-style to western, which is why she doesnt want vegan option. VOML specifies no meat, fish, etc. and also no dairy/egg, so feel like it should be good for her. Kind of feel like it might be a noodle dish or maybe a some sort of curry? Any experience on this what this dish might be and how it has been?
might be rice. Can refer to this thread for some
of the VOML for SQ. (Might not be exactly for your flight as it is supper).

Vegetarian Meals on SQ and other airlines - SQTalk
emcampbe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.